Mattikus is a-bulkin'!

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established

EDIT: Before pics on post # 3, AFTERS on post # 48 on page 2

Hellooooooooooooo (Seinfeld style)

What's up brodas n' sistas, I have been away from the forums about a month now, just relocated from the cold concrete jungle of NYC nyc to the sunny beaches of Florida! Quite a culture difference but damn it is good to be back in nicer weather. (I lived here years ago)

I have been here about two weeks now, getting things situated, starting two new jobs (one in a great gym, yay :cool3:) and the movers STILL are not here with our stuff, but despite all that I have begun an intense bulker. I am throwing this log up for all to see, critique, learn and advise.

Diet is, well, big. I shoot for 400 grams of protein a day, sometimes I get there sometimes I don't, but most calories are from clean sources. A lot of fruit, alot of veggies, a little potato, oats, rice, and a ton of animal protein. I got my girl onboard and she is cookin' up a storm for me. :burger:

Training: I am taking a slightly different approach then most. I am lifting high volume, lighter weight, and minimal rest between sets so intensity is HIGH. I have already begun this program and it is gonna be brutal hehe. Mostly compound movements during every workout, very little isolation.

Supplementation: Lots of protein of course, I have a nice little concoction of ranom thrown tgether powders that I like to sip on throughout my workout. (Mostly bcaa's plus beta alanine, arginine, and some creatine)

Additionally, I have already started taking a phera clone to get things really movin', along with some formex(good shyte) and Sam-e.

Current stats are about 5' 10" 180 lbs, have ben heavier and bigger so muscle memory will be helping out on this one!

I will get a little more in-depth soon, and have some before pics posted up later. It's GO TIME.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
Hellooooooooooooo (Seinfeld style)

What's up brodas n' sistas, I have been away from the forums about a month now, just relocated from the cold concrete jungle of NYC nyc to the sunny beaches of Florida! Quite a culture difference but damn it is good to be back in nicer weather. (I lived here years ago)

I have been here about two weeks now, getting things situated, starting two new jobs (one in a great gym, yay :cool3:) and the movers STILL are not here with our stuff, but despite all that I have begun an intense bulker. I am throwing this log up for all to see, critique, learn and advise.

Diet is, well, big. I shoot for 400 grams of protein a day, sometimes I get there sometimes I don't, but most calories are from clean sources. A lot of fruit, alot of veggies, a little potato, oats, rice, and a ton of animal protein. I got my girl onboard and she is cookin' up a storm for me. :burger:

Training: I am taking a slightly different approach then most. I am lifting high volume, lighter weight, and minimal rest between sets so intensity is HIGH. I have already begun this program and it is gonna be brutal hehe. Mostly compound movements during every workout, very little isolation.

Supplementation: Lots of protein of course, I have a nice little concoction of ranom thrown tgether powders that I like to sip on throughout my workout. (Mostly bcaa's plus beta alanine, arginine, and some creatine)

Additionally, I have already started taking a phera clone to get things really movin', along with some formex(good shyte) and Sam-e.

Current stats are about 5' 10" 180 lbs, have ben heavier and bigger so muscle memory will be helping out on this one!

I will get a little more in-depth soon, and have some before pics posted up later. It's GO TIME.
nice to see you on board again my friend, I hope you do a clean bulk and its time to get big

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
nice to see you on board again my friend, I hope you do a clean bulk and its time to get big
Yo Nunes, thanks for stoppin' by, this is gonna be a biggun.' :spam:

Today did chest and back, 10 sets of bench presses, 10 sets of pulldowns, 5 sets of flyes, 5 sets of bent over rows.

I need to get some straps or something because the weight is getting heavy towards the end, my grip is strong but I feel it slipping a little.

After that I went straight to the buffet and had some serious food. Weight has already gone up......... :)

Here are some starting pics, taken about 2 weeks ago, already looking bigger than these:

Attachments

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Last night was legs. Did about 110 total reps on squats, absolutely killer. My legs were so pumped from squats alone I could barely walk. Back pumps are there too, but not that bad..

Squats were followed by seated leg curls and calf raises, and I did some ab work too. I remember when I used to dread leg day, now I love it! Bring the pain!

Before bed I pounded down a pound of steak and peas, woke up four hours later hungry again. This bulk is going very well, and I have only been going two weeks! I did the right thing with my two new jobs, they give me unlimited access to the gym, and awesome food hehe :)

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
Last night was legs. Did about 110 total reps on squats, absolutely killer. My legs were so pumped from squats alone I could barely walk. Back pumps are there too, but not that bad..

Squats were followed by seated leg curls and calf raises, and I did some ab work too. I remember when I used to dread leg day, now I love it! Bring the pain!

Before bed I pounded down a pound of steak and peas, woke up four hours later hungry again. This bulk is going very well, and I have only been going two weeks! I did the right thing with my two new jobs, they give me unlimited access to the gym, and awesome food hehe :)
Whats your stats?

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I am 5' 10". About two weeks ago I weighed in at 181 lbs, which I am sure has gone up since then. I need to buy a scale, the one at the gym is broken :( Bodyfat is 11-12 % currently.

As soon as I weigh myself I will let ya know brotha Nunes.

I was limpin around all day yesterday lol. Still hurting a little but much better. Today I am doing a little shoulders and arm work... Will post later :)

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday did a shoulder and arm routine, simple but still quite brutal.

10 sets of weighted dips, my tris hate me...
10 sets of incline hammer curls... I used a lighter weight than I probably could have, was kinda worried about overtraining the bi's

4 sets of bent over rear delt raises (again, used a light weight in order to maintain perfect form)

And then I did as many lateral raises as I could. As soon as the burn would go away from the previous set, I just went right back into 'em.

Was a great, simple workout, and left my arms in a beautiful painful pump. :D

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
I`M 5`9 AND 185(10% bf) , it seems to me your body type is similar to mine, in my particular case I only can do a real bulking if I`m on something that I can inject (lol), or else I have the tendency to become a fat pig

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I have seen your pics Nunes, and our bodytypes are similar. I'm guessing you prefer a nice long bulk if you like the injectable route. For bulking, I like to pile on the calories heavy for a 4-6 weeks, take a little break (2 weeks) and then do it again, regardless of what I am taking.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
I have seen your pics Nunes, and our bodytypes are similar. I'm guessing you prefer a nice long bulk if you like the injectable route. For bulking, I like to pile on the calories heavy for a 4-6 weeks, take a little break (2 weeks) and then do it again, regardless of what I am taking.
I only do 2 months cycles so I never did very long bulks.
nowadays I have a clean diet, Its hard for me to get with a lean physique, I have the muscle but to get shredded I really need to control my meals

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya Nunes, dieting isn't easy for me either.

Last night was a chest and back day.
10 sets of decline presses, Got ten reps out of each set except the last one.

Followed that with 10 sets of reverse grip pulldowns. 20 lbs aheavier than last time. I hit the 100 reps on this one so will be going heavier next week here, and with chest.

4 sets incline flyes, my chest and shoulders were pretty well shot by this point, so I used a pretty light weight to maintain form..

3 sets of one arm bent bent over rows, 12 10 9

Stretching a little afterwards was good. I was exhausted after the workout, shoved down a pound of steak, cottage cheese, veggies, and some ice cream, watched Species (Mmmm Natasha Henstridge :) ) and hit the sack. I had a dream where I was angry and throwing plates at a wall.... Strange.....

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya Nunes, dieting isn't easy for me either.

Last night was a chest and back day.
10 sets of decline presses, Got ten reps out of each set except the last one.

Followed that with 10 sets of reverse grip pulldowns. 20 lbs aheavier than last time. I hit the 100 reps on this one so will be going heavier next week here, and with chest.

4 sets incline flyes, my chest and shoulders were pretty well shot by this point, so I used a pretty light weight to maintain form..

3 sets of one arm bent bent over rows, 12 10 9

Stretching a little afterwards was good. I was exhausted after the workout, shoved down a pound of steak, cottage cheese, veggies, and some ice cream, watched Species (Mmmm Natasha Henstridge :) ) and hit the sack. I had a dream where I was angry and throwing plates at a wall.... Strange.....
10 sets???
man that got to be hard, volume training at its finest, do you have good results with that kind of training?

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
10 sets???
man that got to be hard, volume training at its finest, do you have good results with that kind of training?
Yup German Volume training. I am currently in the beginning phase recommended by Charles Poliquin. It works amazingly well for putting on mass if you up the calories. I am already noticeably bigger and stronger than when I started.

It is incredibly brutal so diet, proper sleep, and supplementation are key. But damn is it fun to test yourself like this. In the gym I am starting to build a little audience when they see me squatting 255 for 100 reps +, which brings me to leg day which was today...

I started with 255 as I did 225 last time around for over 100 reps. This time around, instead of 10 sets of 10, it was more like 10,10,10,9,8,7,7,6,7,8, then I dropped the weight to 225 and banged out six more reps right after the last one. Each set I only rest 90 seconds before the next. You can imagine how pumped my legs were after this.

This was followed by ten sets of lying leg curls, at 130 lbs. Didn't quite make it to 10 of 10 here, but got close. Generally when you hit 10 sets of ten reps it is time to up the weight.

After this I did some ab work, nothing crazy, mostly lower abs, and then as many one legged calf raises I could handle.

I was getting some back pumps today, nothing unbearable though. I am glad I have the day off tomorrow, the CNS could probably use a little break.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
Yup German Volume training. I am currently in the beginning phase recommended by Charles Poliquin. It works amazingly well for putting on mass if you up the calories. I am already noticeably bigger and stronger than when I started.

It is incredibly brutal so diet, proper sleep, and supplementation are key. But damn is it fun to test yourself like this. In the gym I am starting to build a little audience when they see me squatting 255 for 100 reps +, which brings me to leg day which was today...

I started with 255 as I did 225 last time around for over 100 reps. This time around, instead of 10 sets of 10, it was more like 10,10,10,9,8,7,7,6,7,8, then I dropped the weight to 225 and banged out six more reps right after the last one. Each set I only rest 90 seconds before the next. You can imagine how pumped my legs were after this.

This was followed by ten sets of lying leg curls, at 130 lbs. Didn't quite make it to 10 of 10 here, but got close. Generally when you hit 10 sets of ten reps it is time to up the weight.

After this I did some ab work, nothing crazy, mostly lower abs, and then as many one legged calf raises I could handle.

I was getting some back pumps today, nothing unbearable though. I am glad I have the day off tomorrow, the CNS could probably use a little break.
currently i`m doing the fst-7 training, have you heard about it?

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
currently i`m doing the fst-7 training, have you heard about it?
I have and plan on reading up some more on it very soon. It has some similarities to German Volume Training if I remember correctly. I have heard alot of good things about this program.

Did some arm and shoulders after work today, was awesome. Nobody in the gym (except for one poor kid that loves to overtrain about five hours six days a week) so zero distractions.

10 sets of weighted dips alternating with ten sets of decline hammer curls. Felt great having such a thick pump going through my arms. I hit ten sets of ten on both exercises, so time to up the weight. Definitely getting stronger :veryhappy:

Followed up with bent-over lateral raises and standing lat-raises, three sets of each to failure.

Workout went very well, especially considering how tired I was, but man I crashed hard afterward. As I type this I am ready for bed. I guess the 14 oz ribeye and beans I ate could be contributing also.. :knockedout:

BigBCanada

Awards
Just passing by this log, will be following this!

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from a gut wrenching chest and back workout, ahhh sweet lactic acid burn...

10 sets of decline db presses once again, upped the db weight by 5 lbs this go-round, and hit every set of ten except the 9th set, where I only got out 8 reps.
The db presses were alternated with 10 sets of chins.

3 sets of incline flyes, with perfect form followed by 3 sets of one arm db rows. I get stronger on these every go-round, I love it!

My arm just wanna go limp right now, I do not even want to raise my hands to wash my hair lol. So all in all, another great day :)

Time to feast!

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
10 sets of squats tonite, wasn't feeling it so much tonite so my reps kinda looked like this: 10, 8, 7, 8, 6, 7, 7, 8, 9, 8.

On leg curls I was fine, stronger than last go-round, hit ten on every set with increased weight.

4 sets of leg raises till failure to kill the abs, and about 200 calf raises LOL.

Back pumps were pretty bad during squats today, so I had to take some slightly longer rest intervals than usual. Got one more five-day cycle to go after this one, and then I switch it up for a couple weeks. I gotta admit, I am kinda looking forward to the break from this brutality. LOL

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
10 sets of decline hammers: 10,10,10,9,9,9,8,10,10,9.
10 sets weighted dips: 10,10,9,9,8,8,8,9,10,9.

The 'neural adaptation' was evident today, as the later sets did get a little easier.

2 sets of shoulder raises to failure, 2 sets of rear shoulder raises to failure.

I actually took slightly less time between sets today, as I was pressed for time. Still went great, felt painfully pumped.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
10 sets of squats tonite, wasn't feeling it so much tonite so my reps kinda looked like this: 10, 8, 7, 8, 6, 7, 7, 8, 9, 8.

On leg curls I was fine, stronger than last go-round, hit ten on every set with increased weight.

4 sets of leg raises till failure to kill the abs, and about 200 calf raises LOL.

Back pumps were pretty bad during squats today, so I had to take some slightly longer rest intervals than usual. Got one more five-day cycle to go after this one, and then I switch it up for a couple weeks. I gotta admit, I am kinda looking forward to the break from this brutality. LOL
first time I did the fst with squats I didn't sleep for 2 nights with back pain, now I only do machines when volume is required

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
first time I did the fst with squats I didn't sleep for 2 nights with back pain, now I only do machines when volume is required
Yeah, gotta be careful with squats, I only use weight that I can maintain perfect form with on squats. And the back pumps can be a b*tch too.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Alright so I almost burnt my house down the other night and my pc is giving me the bsod but I have perservered and hit new pr's in the gym :)

I am transitioning out of the volume training over the next few days, and into a more 'standard' routine for a couple weeks before hitting the volume again with a couple different angles.

Chest and back day I did some exercises that I haven't done for a while, such as cable rows and cable flyes, plus machine presses and incline barbell presses and pulldowns. My strength on these exercises has increased since I last did any of these about 4 weeks ago, which didn't really surprise me at all ;)

I hit the legs last night and after some warmups with squats I went over to the leg press and hit 3 sets with 12 plates! Good god man my leg strength has increased significantly. They have gotten bigger too...

Today, rest. I will probably take a few consecutive days off over the next week or so, to give the CNS a much needed break. I am quite happy with the strength increases though.:cheers:

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Had a "feel it out" arm day the other day, just did some exercises that I hadn't done for a while, and switched it up a little bit. It was one of those, 'just have fun with it' sessions, resulted in a nice pump. I am already starting to itch a little bit for some more intensive training, but will continue with the break so I can hit it with a vengeance when I start again.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
Had a "feel it out" arm day the other day, just did some exercises that I hadn't done for a while, and switched it up a little bit. It was one of those, 'just have fun with it' sessions, resulted in a nice pump. I am already starting to itch a little bit for some more intensive training, but will continue with the break so I can hit it with a vengeance when I start again.
and muscle mass , is it growing?

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
and muscle mass , is it growing?
Oh yeah Nunes, it definitely is :) I will put pics up soon..

Bringin' er back..

WEll I have been taking it easy for a lil' bit.. Gave blood, ate well, relaxed, light lifting... and now I am getting right back into it.

Today I did a full body based on what I read on a page about HST training. Some posts on another board got me interested in this. I have been studying and contemplating DC training, but am not sure if I have the full grasp of DC.. I will continue to study up..

Anywho the workout went like this.. These are working sets mind you..

Squats 1 set
Deadlifts 2 sets
Incline bench 2 sets
Weighted dips 2 sets
Chins 2 sets
Rows 2 sets
Shrugs 1 set
shoulder press 1 set
lat raises 1 set
rear delts 1 set
curls 2 sets
tri extensions 2 sets
abs 2 sets

I also tried some of the extreme stretching done in DC method, wow, very hardcore stretching..

Anyway workout went well despite feeling a little winded. I think giving blood yesterday has left me a little weaker possibly, but I still had great numbers with the workout.

I am curious if anyone else has utilized HST training? Would love to here opinions and input. I haven't decided yet if I am going to follow through with this or go back to volume training yet, as volume training is quite effective for me.

And Nunes, I am also studying up on fst7, how is it treating you? Growing well?

Oh yeah, and one more thing.. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY :bigok:

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Out of curiosity, were you planning on adding in a Taurine supp or something of the like to inhibit your back pumps? You make it sound like they're pretty rough. Subbing this btw.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Yo itf, thanks for stopping in. This is gonna be an interesting ride for sure.

I have found that taurine does little for me in terms of back pumps. They can get pretty bad sometimes, painful even, but they are part of the game. The thing I hate about them most is that I am often trying to keep rest intervals to a certain time and sometimes back pumps can force me to take a longer break. It is pretty much only when doing squats or deads. Otherwise back pumps aren't all that bad. I am thinking of picking up some Poseidon though, from Nimbus. I got the most god-awful ab cramp for about thirty seconds the other day...

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Alright soooo after much debate and ALOT of studying, I have decided to give DC training my best shot. I believe I have wrapped my head around the 'mindset' that is needed for this program, and feel it would be great for me.

I spent the last few months logging every rep and gauging recovery so I have a very good idea of where to start with DC.

Today was day 1 :)

Did exercises for chest, then shoulders, triceps, Back width, and back thickness.

It is a complete turnaroud from the German Volume training, but the intensity generated is great.

I like how one workout will be different from the next, and I love that I will be hitting every bodypart with maximum frequency.

Oh, and the stretching.. Good god man the stretching with this program is HARDCORE. I have found a new level of pain and I like it. LOL

I will be updating with every workout so stay tuned :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright soooo after much debate and ALOT of studying, I have decided to give DC training my best shot. I believe I have wrapped my head around the 'mindset' that is needed for this program, and feel it would be great for me.

I spent the last few months logging every rep and gauging recovery so I have a very good idea of where to start with DC.

Today was day 1 :)

Did exercises for chest, then shoulders, triceps, Back width, and back thickness.

It is a complete turnaroud from the German Volume training, but the intensity generated is great.

I like how one workout will be different from the next, and I love that I will be hitting every bodypart with maximum frequency.

Oh, and the stretching.. Good god man the stretching with this program is HARDCORE. I have found a new level of pain and I like it. LOL

I will be updating with every workout so stay tuned :D
:thumbsup: Keep at it, my friend!

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Day 2:

Barbell Bicep curls
Reverse Cable Curls
Standing calf raises
Seated leg curls
SQUATS

I am falling in love with DC training and it is only day 2. The pain from the bicep stretch was excruciating. So were the calf and hamstring stretches. Awesome. I am just picturing the fascia of the muscle getting stretched apart and more muscle growing. I cannot wait to push things further with every workout.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Today was day 3, here are the exercises in the order I did them..

Hammer Strength Incline Chest Press
Military press
Close-grip decline bench (on Smith machine)
Hammer Strength pulldowns
Bent over smith rows

Love love love the horrific pain I get from killing chest then stretching the @#!% out of it when it is all pumped. Good thing there wasn't too many people in the gym, I mighta let out a little scream of agony LOL

Haven't done military's in a while, they were fun.

Close-grip declines are awesome! My tri's got so pumped it was ridiculous. The stretch afterward can be killer, I just had to drop the dumbell after about 45 seconds.

Hammer pulldown machines are great for a deep back stretch. Just throw on a ton of weight, lock your legs underneath the holder, and hold on for dear life.

I could really feel the contractions in my back muscles doing the smith rows. Quickly becoming a new favorite of mine.

Another great workout. Time for chicken and BBQ sauce!

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Missed a couple updates here, been busy with the Christmas season.

Days 4 and 5 went totally fine as always, strength feels like it may already be going up but it may just be my over-active imagination..

Felt a little strange on Monday, got some dizzy spells and hotflashes along with a fast heartbeat. I had mad a drink mix with carnitine, caffeine, and aminos, plus some citrulline and pounded that down right before the troubles, so I believe I probably added way too much caffeine or something. I ended up cutting the workout short duew to how I felt, and made up the exercises missed on Tuesday.

Today will only be some cardio, an off day from the weights.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Today was a repeat of day 1's exercises.

I progressed in weight very nicely compared to last time.

Knocked out a few more reps on flat bench DB presses.

Upped my weight on the hammer shoulder press by 25 lbs each arm! Niiiiiice

Upped my weight on reverse-grip bench press by 50 lbs. (Last time I was kinda playing it a little too safe I believe)

Cable pulldowns increased weight by 20 lbs.

Knocked a few more reps out on some deadlifts.

Awesome awesome workout. Felt fantastic. I am really really really liking this dc training. As long as you can warm up properly and make the log book your mortal enemy, this is gonna be a successful program. I get myself mentally ready before each working set for war!

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Today Repeat of day 2's exercises.

Not a soul in the gym today, I had zero distractions and 100% focus.

Upped my barbell curl by 10 lbs.

Reverse grip cable curls- upped weight by 10 lbs for each arm. I started megadosing fish oil just two days ago and have no more sore wrist. Gotta remember to have fish oil in my cabinet at all times.

calf raises- knocked out 8 more reps this time around

Seated leg curls- Upped the weight by 5 lbs but didn't do as many reps as I should have. The seated machine is hard for me to find that perfect adjustment as there are so many different things to adjust. I will give it another shot but if I don't improve on my numbers or weight next go-round, then it is time for a new exercise. Not necessarily a bad thing.

SQUATS- upped the weight by 20 lbs and fell 1 rep short of matching last time. Next week its do or die.

All in all a good workout. Fish oil is a lifesaver. My joints and wrist especially were starting to give me some pain signals, and now they feel fine. I was surprised at how fast it worked.

testiesac

testiesac

Awards
  • Established
Just checkin your log out. I have also been away awhile but have been bulking for the last 5wks or so. I two have approx the same body structure usually +5lbs but 2-3% more body fat.
Anyways looks like things are going well for ya. Ive been thinkin bout switchin my routine up as well but doing the german style. which i was wondering if you just do the ten sets of ten with the heavy lifts, bench, military and squat so to speak?

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Just checkin your log out. I have also been away awhile but have been bulking for the last 5wks or so. I two have approx the same body structure usually +5lbs but 2-3% more body fat.
Anyways looks like things are going well for ya. Ive been thinkin bout switchin my routine up as well but doing the german style. which i was wondering if you just do the ten sets of ten with the heavy lifts, bench, military and squat so to speak?
Generally you shoot for ten sets of ten with the 'big' compound lifts, followed by a few sets for smaller muscle groups. For example:

On day 1 you would do ten sets of decline db presses, ten sets of reverse grip pulldowns (chins) and then 3-4 sets of Incline Dumbbell Flyes and 3-4 sets of one-arm dumbell rows.

On day 2 would be 10 sets of squats, 10 sets of leg curls, 3-4 sets for calves, and 3 sets for abs.

And daY 3 withg arms and shoulders etc..

When you can get ten reps on each set with the weight you choose, it is time to up the weight.

Also, the rest intervals between sets is important. NO more than 90 seconds rest between sets. Otherwise the program is not going to be as effective.

If you google German volume training you will get a plethora of information. Start with the beginner level routine, which is hard as hell, and when you follow that for a while you can move up to the advanced level.

The program is awesome and brutal. You are gonna need to eat ALOT. These workouts will burn alot of calories so you need to really shovel the food down.

If you have any questions ask away I would be glad to help. It is an awesome routine and I will be going back to it sometime in the near future.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Fan-f*ckin-tastic workout today :)

Incline hammer chest press - upped my weight by 20 lbs but didn't quite knock out as many reps..

military press - 10 lb weight increase with same amount of reps

Close grip decline bench press - 4 more reps than last go round

Hammer strength pulldowns - increased weight by 20 lbs and an extra rep

Bent over smith rows - increased the poundage by 20, and got an extra rep

Couldn't ask for a better workout. Felt strong, motivated, and felt good.

testiesac

testiesac

Awards
  • Established
Fan-f*ckin-tastic workout today :)

Incline hammer chest press - upped my weight by 20 lbs but didn't quite knock out as many reps..

military press - 10 lb weight increase with same amount of reps

Close grip decline bench press - 4 more reps than last go round

Hammer strength pulldowns - increased weight by 20 lbs and an extra rep

Bent over smith rows - increased the poundage by 20, and got an extra rep

Couldn't ask for a better workout. Felt strong, motivated, and felt good.

D@mn bud every workout youre uppin the weight quite a bit. keep it up! how much you eating? and what are your weight gains so far?

Also did you saw you are talking a ph...

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
D@mn bud every workout youre uppin the weight quite a bit. keep it up! how much you eating? and what are your weight gains so far?

Also did you saw you are talking a ph...
Thats how dc training works. If you can't increase the weight, or number of reps, or in some way top the previous numbers, then it is time to change the exercises. It is just as mental as it is physical.

I am eating about 5000 calories a day, up to 195 lbs right now.

I also run every morning when I wake, and do cardio on off days, so I have dare I say lost fat while gaining weight. I will let the pictures be the judge.

I took phera for about three weeks, did a two week pct, took another couple weeks off, and am taking some H-drol now. Gotta watch the joints with all the weight I am moving.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I am hurtin good today.

YesterdaY was bi's, forearms, and legs. Didn't wanna get out of bed my legs were so sore lol.

Stiff leg deads are wicked for the hams.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Last couple workouts went well, although lactic acid buildup was strong today.

Yesterday I had worked on chest and back, went great, putting up bigger weight accross the board.

Today I went to start off (after warming up) with biceps, and just didn't have it in me to come close to last sessions numbers. My bis did feel pretty sore from yesterday though, as a result of the chin-ups. I moved on kinda disappointed in myself but put up better numbers than last with pinwheel curls. With the brunt of weight taken off the biceps I had no problems.

On to legs which went really well, put up better numbers with ease it seemed. Time to up the weight!

The biceps kinda let me down today, but I think they were just tore up good from yesterday's pullups, so I will be doing a different exercise in the incline dB curls place.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Any updates matti? :)
Yessir, I was a little busy over Christmas, but am still going strong.

Let me first say that I have switched up the routine yet again, due to my wrist giving me some problems. I have always had to be careful with my wrist for whatever reason. It was giving me some pain so I decided better safe than sorry, and am now using lighter weight (for most exercises) and doing full body workouts 3 days a week. I am going skiing Feb 1st, and trying to get the legs ready for some hardcore abuse. :)

The bulk is still going, I have leveled off at 198 lbs, and have lowered my calories to only slightly above maintenance as I really do not want to add more weight at this time. I will have some pics for all in the very near future.

As far as workouts go, I am still keeping track of every rep, weight, and time, just not trying to up the weight as much for all exercises. I absolutely love DC training and will be going back to it soon. I will continue to update for another couple weeks and then give you guys some before and afters.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Full body workouts are killer. I have added GPLC from Primordial Performance and some eaa's (VPX Powershock) to my pre and during workout supplementation, which are awesome for pump and endurance. I can spend two solid hours in the gym and I still want to keep going. The bulk is coming to an end, and I am ready to take it easy for a lil bit, and got some vacation time coming up. Pics in a few days!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Full body workouts are killer. I have added GPLC from Primordial Performance and some eaa's (VPX Powershock) to my pre and during workout supplementation, which are awesome for pump and endurance. I can spend two solid hours in the gym and I still want to keep going. The bulk is coming to an end, and I am ready to take it easy for a lil bit, and got some vacation time coming up. Pics in a few days!
PP's GPLC is indeed a great enrichment to your stack. :)