INJURY HELP

B

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
So i think sometime last week i may have damaged my shoulder it hurts when i do certain actions and today is a training day, ive already ignored the pain and worked through it for two training days last week and i was hoping that the pain would go away over the weekend cuz i dont workout weekends but its still there and its the same as before, i dont wanna skip a workout but i dont want permanent damage what should i do? i was recomended doing all my workouts except for my lateral shoulder raises and shoulder press... i also added dips to the list last week should i avoid doing those aswell? What can i do to avoid further injuring my shoulder and what workouts can i do in the future to avoid this happening again and maybe strengthening the muscle that keeps getting hurt.

Spooly

Spooly

Awards
depends if it is muscle pain or a injury i would rest no sense train through it then get more hurt just my opinion . i trained through many injuries but its better to just ice it then heat let it chill the weights aint going any where. hope u get better bro injuries suck but part of the game try swimming for a while or work cardio

B

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
K AND THANKS... im just thinking of doing the rest of the workout and leaving out my shoulder workouts cuz i really dont have time to train any other days.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
99% of people dont deal with injury correctly. If you have pain it means something is wrong. Working through it is the dumbest thing you can possibly do. I have never heard of someone working through an injury and it going away. There is only one thing you can do...take time off. Dont use ure arm for a couple of weeks. You use ure shoulder when you squat or do bicep curls.....so give it a rest.

B

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
well to be honest with u ive always looked at injury like that whole "pain is a message and messages can be ignored" thing and even tho i kno its stupid ive gotten injury exactly like this before and worked thru it and it left in a few days with no problem at all... i just wanna prevent it from happening again because it always seems to be my shoulders that get screwed... is there anything to the myth that doing pullups as a regular workout routine will help strengthen shoulders to the point that it decreases ur injury rate?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
messages should never be ignored. If you have pain you cans ometimes work through it but you will be overcompensating in other ways...example i dislocated my thumb and because of it my shoulder was rotated just a few different degrees and i now have tendonitous and tore my pec last year...just because i though of working through some pain.

Dont ever ignore it...fix it. I play college ball and had surgery on my groin in august came back to soon with pain and snapped my ACL because i was compensating. Its dumb..dont ever do it. Pull ups wont do jack for ure shoulder except irrate it. The only thing you can do is rest and follow a physical therapy protocol. Also try and get ure form perfect or ure shoulders looked at.

B

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
so i was stupid and didnt take the advice worked out yesterday.... it started off great when i got to my shoulder workouts i only felt a minor bother so i worked through them and the pain dissapeared went on thru the workout with no pain once i reached flat benching did my first set felt a slight pain but kept going and the pain went away again kept workin then came my tricep pulldowns felt a mild pain ignored it and kept going the pain went away again... feeling pretty ****y i went to dips WORST MISTAKE EVER it hurt all the way through all twelve reps of parallel dips and even though it went away when i stopped it came back stronger than before when i cooled down from the workout i did my shrugs with no pain finished my workout drove to the nearest cvs and got some heat medicated patches (it hurt to turn my stearing wheel) got home showered put one on it sothed the pain a bit woke up this morning and the pain was back same as before put another patch on and i realize that the pain occurs strongest when i make a forceful gesture towards my chest with my arm (such as taking my right hand and pressing agains my left pectoral) i have a slight feeling of tennis elbow but it doesnt bother me as much as as the shoulder ive felt this pain before but never for this long please advise

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
yeah dude, ive only learned from doing it...people think there bodies can handle more than they can. That sound like rotater cuff though dude. If you touch ure left pectoral and try and move ure right arm up and down while doing that with your left arm do you get pain? Good luck...ive had tendonitous but ures sounds like a structural issue. Get to an orthopedic surgeon and get some MRI's.

B

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
im not worried about it being bone because the pain goes away with heat... i just think its a really bad sprain

B

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
i feel really mild pain as of now not terrible but not gone either

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
rotater cuff aint bone. It sounds like u got some ligament tendon damage. Id get an mri and see the surgeon....

B

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
So i stopped using my right arm all day yesterday iced and heated it several times and this morning my shoulder seemed to be good as new... no pain maybe a slight bother... HOWEVER now my right elbow is acting up i think it maybe product of over compensating but nonetheless it doesnt hurt when i do my basic training movements again it hurts in certain actions like pressing my right arm towards my left pectoral... Im gonna stubbornly train again today but im gonna abstain from doing dips because i think thats what hurt me in the first place once my arm heals up im gonna add dips to my regimen again probably by next monday... i found a website that shows a very great workout to do nightly before bed to improve flexibility and prevent injury in rotator cuff ill post it up shortly