Bulking advice?

itzgambino

Awards
Wassup guys, been cutting for a while now (last April) and while I have made even more progress once I hit that wall of not being able to lose that last stomach fat, I still cannot get rid of all of it. My problem is I am really starting to feel small and just want to bulk up again. My feeling is that the little fat I have left, it looks a lot worse because I have lost some mass off the top. So I feel like if I bulk up and get my upper cavity big again it will make my stomach appear even smaller. Although, now I am stuck now in between whether to just start my clean bulk with anabolic pump and prime, or stick it out with my cutting cycle for however long it takes. Any advice, similar experiences? What is the chance that I still may experience fat loss from the visceral region once I start bulking?

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I often see guys trying to cut to a really low bf % before bulking when in reality a little bulk in the shoulders and lats will give them the tapered V-shape they are looking for. What are your stats currently - i.e. bf%, weight, height? What is your diet like? How much did you lose already since april poundage wise.

itzgambino

Awards
well I don't have a scale in my apt since moving off campus, I do not not exactly the poundage but I am probably around 155-160 from 183 at my peak last March (I am 5'9). I got my body fat tested at bally's in july and he said I was between 9% -10% but I could not believe it. I thought it may be possible that I am that low because I tend to carry all of my fat around my midsection. I have been following the anabolic diet, my carb loads in the beginning were really bad but I have since cleaned them up. On my work out days I take in between 1900-2000 calories with some days reaching 2100. My non-workout days I try to stay at 1700-1800. I keep my fat-protein ratios to around 50/50. I have put on some muscle though on the diet and leaned out most of the love handles which was encouraging but otherwise I feel so small lol and I still have the lower ab fat.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Get a scale or use the scale at the gym. I mean I don't weigh myself frequently but it is good to check your weight every 2 weeks. The lower ab fat is certainly the hardest to get rid of. If you decide to stay on the cut then maybe some dermatherm target would help. I've heard good things and just started it myself to finish cleaning up the bf before bulking thru the winter. Ultimately the decision is yours but it sounds to me like you are good and ready to bulk.