Help with Diet. Weird Circumstances.

MadeInCanada

Awards
Hey guys! I had some questions about dieting and such. Im about 200 lbs lean, but a very skinny build with high metabolism. Unless Im pouding creatine, water and weightgainer/protein shakes I basically lose weight extremely fast.

A few days ago I found out from a doctor that my liver is in horrible condition right now, and I need to give it a rest (meaning no supplements whatsoever, including protein shakes).

Before, I would rely on protein shakes and weight gainers to give me my calories throughout the day and it really helped me maintain. Does anybody have any recommendations or suggestions on PARTICULAR foods that can help me maintain or even gain weight in this time of my life?

PS: I know most will say "eat eat eat eat eat more" but besides that, what are some foods you think would do me good.

Thanks guys!

rckvl7

Awards
  • Established
Don't be afraid of fats; nuts, seeds, olive oil etc. I find cheeseburgers and pizza and such help alot to hit my daily calorie needs. You may gain a little extra fat but you can always lose it later.

MadeInCanada

Awards
I'm no expert. But someone recommended I drink a lot more milk. I was thinking of just downing 2/3's of a gallon of milk a day (believe me when I say I'll do it). And start eating more peanut butter. Comments?

lemke28

lemke28

Awards
Drink whole milk 150 cal per serving, worked wonders for me.

rckvl7

Awards
  • Established
I'm no expert. But someone recommended I drink a lot more milk. I was thinking of just downing 2/3's of a gallon of milk a day (believe me when I say I'll do it). And start eating more peanut butter. Comments?
Whole milk is an excellent idea, can't believe I forgot to add that...

chess315

chess315

Awards
another thing even at 6'1 my height certain exersizes arent as efficent for me as other people like squats I think they arent reall worth it due to leverage factors I do belive they are one of the top 2 or 3 exercises for the average person. curls are antoher problem chins or hammer curls tend to work better for taller people. And deadlifts or trap bar deadlifts tend to be the most effective overall exercises for taller people.

MadeInCanada

Awards
another thing even at 6'1 my height certain exersizes arent as efficent for me as other people like squats I think they arent reall worth it due to leverage factors I do belive they are one of the top 2 or 3 exercises for the average person. curls are antoher problem chins or hammer curls tend to work better for taller people. And deadlifts or trap bar deadlifts tend to be the most effective overall exercises for taller people.
I'll be honest... when your nearly 6'7", doing squats isn't very fun. I've played professional hockey for the past 2 years and being a goalie I've always been brought up with squats and all the core stuff. It's made the gym less enjoyable.

So being tall and trying to bulk I should try deadlifts? Ive never heard of "trapbar deadlifts" though. Ill try it out. Ive never actually done deadlifts to be honest :speechless:

Also... Im starting the GOMAD Diet tomorrow. Sounds like it should be effective (and expensive) haha