Bulking til I'm in my 20's?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  158 lbs.

Bulking til I'm in my 20's?

I'm a 16 year old male and here is my plan, tell me what you think. At age 16 I'm supposed to have lots of test, so why not use it? The way I see it, I should be bulking until I'm done growing basically. I might as well make good use of all this extra testosterone I have so why cut? Sounds logical to me, how about you?

2. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondGrim View Post
    I'm a 16 year old male and here is my plan, tell me what you think. At age 16 I'm supposed to have lots of test, so why not use it? The way I see it, I should be bulking until I'm done growing basically. I might as well make good use of all this extra testosterone I have so why cut? Sounds logical to me, how about you?
    Probably one of the soundest proposals from someone your age I have read for a long time.

Kudos man - bulk it up!
  3. Registered User

i dont understand this post at all.

naturally, the order of things is as follows :

if you think you're too skinny, you probably have thought about bulking.
    if you think you're too fluffy,chubby,fat, or otherwise, you have probably thought about getting skinnier.

since you mention the option of cutting, i assume you find yourself to be overweight, but trying to decide on whether to cut or take advantage of test levels being high.

assuming the above is true, you have to decide whether you would feel comfortable being a fat guy with muscle and no definition. personally, i would suggest cutting first. why? because it doesn't take as long. also, you mention that your testosterone levels are at their highest. Testosterone not only builds muscle, it also burns fat. you might want to look at that fact as well [ when thinking about taking advantage of peak levels]. this translates into easier fat burning as well as easier muscle building. so you really need to decide what is more important for your goals.

at your age you can get rid of fat fairly easy. dont eat crap, and exercise a bunch. its not like you have a busy schedule. it shouldnt take more than a couple months. then once you are at a weight you like, lean bulk until your 20s like you say.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    i dont understand this post at all.

naturally, the order of things is as follows :

if you think you're too skinny, you probably have thought about bulking.
    if you think you're too fluffy,chubby,fat, or otherwise, you have probably thought about getting skinnier.

since you mention the option of cutting, i assume you find yourself to be overweight, but trying to decide on whether to cut or take advantage of test levels being high.

assuming the above is true, you have to decide whether you would feel comfortable being a fat guy with muscle and no definition. personally, i would suggest cutting first. why? because it doesn't take as long. also, you mention that your testosterone levels are at their highest. Testosterone not only builds muscle, it also burns fat. you might want to look at that fact as well [ when thinking about taking advantage of peak levels]. this translates into easier fat burning as well as easier muscle building. so you really need to decide what is more important for your goals.

at your age you can get rid of fat fairly easy. dont eat crap, and exercise a bunch. its not like you have a busy schedule. it shouldnt take more than a couple months. then once you are at a weight you like, lean bulk until your 20s like you say.
    Dude, you're confusing the situation. Try re-reading the post. The OP made no mention of his composition.

It's quite clear to me. He is saying at his age why cut? Why not use his natural test to keep bulking?
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BlondGrim View Post
    he is 5'6'' and 158lbs.

he is also 16 and doesn't work out, or hasnt worked out for very long if he does, so i doubt thats muscle weight.

is it really that crazy that i assumed he had thought about cutting?

why would he mention the concept of cutting if he didnt think he needed to? it sounds like he is debating whether to cut or bulk. i dont think he is making a statement that no one 16 years old should cut.

i could be wrong though.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    he is 5'6'' and 158lbs.

he is also 16 and doesn't work out, or hasnt worked out for very long if he does, so i doubt thats muscle weight.

is it really that crazy that i assumed he had thought about cutting?
    there is no indications either way that he works out - I presume he does, having the grasp of teenage testosterone levels.

And this is what he is surmising: Being 16 years old, why not capitalise on surging test levels for continued growth during the teenage years, and worry about cutting later on.

I am sure he will clarrify the situation soon.
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  247 lbs.

Yeah good plan stick with heavy basics and pyramid your weights up and eat clean with plenty of protein and get yourself a good whey shake good luck man.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  158 lbs.

I never said I don't workout, but I guess I never said I DO workout either. I have been lifting the past 3 years, 2 seriously. I can lift more than most of the people my age at my school. So yes I do workout and have been consistently.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.

hopefully you have a good program. eat at a surplus and lift heavy for the next 5 years and you'll be a monster. i wish i had started when i was 16
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

i wish i started at 16 too.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

its a great idea man, i have done just that i startd when i was 16 found this fourm and just lifted hard and ate and read everyday, u have a bigger base if u bulk wisly not just eating crap food eadt good harty food that is rich in cals and fat, just make sure to work your ass off or u could get more fat than muscle.
    if u learn nutrition now and eat right u probly wont have to cut
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  155 lbs.

just clean bulk till your 20 then you won't need to cut because you'll already be nutz. im 16 too but I want results fast so i just keep bulking and cutting like everyone else so I can also stay lean but eat what I want when I bulk
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  158 lbs.

I've been thinking a lot about your post today. It would be wise if I did 1 cut before I bulked. I don't mind if I"m not super defined, but I don't want to be one of those muscualr guys that you can tell have lots of fat. So I will do 1 cut, and then go back to my original plan.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

good plan.dont eat **** or youll end up looking like ****..eat clean year round and by the time ur in your 20s youll be jacked..do it slow tho dont get caught up in the weight game. Just eat good lift hard and sleep and you will grow
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bulking.
    By JonesyDaniel in forum Bulking
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 01:04 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 12:54 PM
  3. Need a bulking PH
    By ls1danny in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 10:01 PM