Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

i will be testing this theory friday when i have my gf drive me there, dont wana get a DUI
    CELTIC LABS REP

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.26%

Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    i will be testing this theory friday when i have my gf drive me there, dont wana get a DUI
    Good idea. On a side note, I watched your deadlift video and no! Please keep your back straight, it made me cringe to watch it. Also use your hip, it looks like you are lifting with your back.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.6%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Justifying a habit. Its that simple.

Yet another bright spot in society today.
    The Historic PES Legend
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.01%

Justifying a habit? Is that the best you could come up with?

Most people who posted in here are already recreational weed smokers. We obviously enjoy it and all the benefits it provides. Smoking/vaporizing weed has tons of medicinal benefits, from relieving glaucoma pressure to helping asthma attacks. If you want to make a statement about your anti-marijuana stance, go for it, but start another thread. This one is for people who already use the herb and will continue doing so. The point of this thread was to see how many people who already smoke use it before working out. I myself have had hundreds of amazing super-focused adrenaline-pumping workouts after smoking. It really allows me to get into the workout, feel the rhythm of the music on my ipod, feel the blood rushing into muscles. Rather than sitting there in between sets, looking around and thinking about the day's events, Im already loading the weight for the next exercise and rocking out to the next song.

The bottom line is, if you think smoking is a bad habit then you are entitled to that opinion. Just dont waste the space on this totally awesome messageboard with your close-minded statements. You dont smoke, thats great buddy. I along with other members in this thread could care less about what you think about the herb.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.01%

same way you probably found a reason to justify rubbing topical pro hormones on your skin.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.26%

For me physical activity and smoking weed don't mix well. I quit a couple years ago and feel so much better overall, but everyone is different. I say if it works for you, go for it.
  7. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.4%

Interesting thread !!!!
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.15%

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    same way you probably found a reason to justify rubbing topical pro hormones on your skin.
    You are 1000% right IMO. It is absolutely AMAZING how any of us can judge anyone else's actions on this board (within reason, ESPECIALLY regarding substance abuse). If someone has a real life experience with "wacky tobaccy" and how it ruined their lives than that might be constructive (or excellent material for an after school special), but to the people that are talking smack about weed smokers that do/ have done "performace enhancers" of any sort and are looking down on others and/or judging them......... It's like a heroin addict spitting on a crackhead for being a junkie. Did I mention that I really would like a blunt right now?!?!?!
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.35%

wow, last night... i smoked way TOO MUCH. i was spinning and throbbing and then threw up all the food i ate earlier. there was no way i could have lifted feelin like that, but after i puked, i felt great but no energy to go workout. but somehow found the strength to do 2 hours of cardio with my gf
    CELTIC LABS REP
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I don't understand how you can do it. The point of blazing is to feel relaxed and chilled. Personally, I could never have a quality workout if I was all highed up and s***. I have friends who smoke and workout. Those guys come in the gym high sometimes and I notice the caliber and intensity of their workout is s*** compared to what it usually is (when they're cognitive). They look like incapacitated zombies. They smoke as a leisure hobby, then try to let it carry over into their training. Because they're so used to that feeling, they try to rationalize why it's ok and that they can focus better and such, but as a witness I can attest that their performance is diminished. These guys come and go and never really commit to the sport-or commit to excercising period. Maybe it's just my experience, but all the potheads I've ever met have no motivation and no drive. Not my idea of a prototypical athlete/bodybuilder. Of course, everyone's different and there may be exceptions out there.
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.32%

Forget weed... G...

Illegal? Yes

BUT

Pumps - AMAZING

Energy - WOW

Pain tolerance - through the roof

Strength - retard strength
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.35%

If anyone wanted a hypothetical explantion to why thc gives pumps is as follows and possibly an increase in growth hormone;

"The mechanism for appetite stimulation in subjects is believed to result from activity in the gastro-hypothalamic axis. CB1 activity in the hunger centers in the hypothalamus increases the palatability of food when levels of a hunger hormone ghrelin increase as food enters the stomach."

Read that, now the keyword here is ghrelin.

Recently, ghrelin has been shown to activate the endothelial isoform of nitric oxide synthase in a pathway that depends on various kinases including Akt

"Ghrelin is also produced in the hypothalamic arcuate nucleus, where it stimulates the secretion of growth hormone from the anterior pituitary gland."

Additionally,

"Ghrelin is also produced in the hypothalamic arcuate nucleus, where it stimulates the secretion of growth hormone from the anterior pituitary gland."

Additionally, one can think since it can elevate growth hormone, it can further lean body mass gains. Perhaps, even decrease adipose tissue if one does not succomb to "the munchies" in a negative way.

Growth hormone and nitric oxide could be a correlation in this case, as evidence by arginine stimulating nitric oxide when injecting.

Also some of my own observations on additional postive benefits. We know that sleep is vital to muscle regeneration. People who weight train need more sleep than the average person, approximately 8-10. Most Americans live in a sleep deprived state, which we know increase cortisol and glucorticoids. THC could definitely be a positive benefit to sleep, even possibly indirectly being a glutocorticoid antagonist.

There are negative effects for shure, which Ill go into detail at a later time.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.41%

this is quite disturbing, having been away for awhile taking a break from lifting.. i smoke (sparingly, i know i shouldnt) and smoke the chronic. However, i eat like a horse i have my shake in the morning & at night, but eat sh*t (fast food, chicken, burgers, etc whatever, it didnt faze me.)

Recently, i am getting back into it finally. but these past few weeks, i've been impressed with my results, i expected sub-par but got rather excellent ones, as far as growth about average but some serious tone-age is on the rise and general hardening of the muscles.

it has the power to be utilized as A. a recovery tool (pain, hunger etc.)and B. A cutting tool (believe it or not but marijuana can actually decrease the amount of food consumed, obviously once a slight dependance is formed.)
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.99%

guys who are smoking, do yourself a favor and get a vaporizer.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.72%

Quote Originally Posted by Vegking View Post
    guys who are smoking, do yourself a favor and get a vaporizer.
    why is this? I enjoy blunts the most.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.75%

vaporizers only burn the thc which= no smoke, just a vapor its a much cleaner high. where as if youre smoking out of a bong, pipe, or blunt youre inhaling the smoke which is bad for your lungs, and give you that feeling of fatigue after a few reps.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.35%

yeah vaporizers are the way to go, and youll save money too, in the long run.(it consumes less herb)
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.58%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by landon View Post
    vaporizers only burn the thc which= no smoke, just a vapor its a much cleaner high. where as if youre smoking out of a bong, pipe, or blunt youre inhaling the smoke which is bad for your lungs, and give you that feeling of fatigue after a few reps.
    Are Volcano's the best? Those things are $$$... like $500+. The digital version looks sweet.

Any other good brands of vaporizers out there? I can't convince myself to spend $500 bucks on it when a pack of ZigZags cost me a buck.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.15%

Quote Originally Posted by ShakesAllDay View Post
    Are Volcano's the best? Those things are $$$... like $500+. The digital version looks sweet.

Any other good brands of vaporizers out there? I can't convince myself to spend $500 bucks on it when a pack of ZigZags cost me a buck.
    1 hollow bic pen tube
    1 bic pen cap (to keep hot tinfoil from burning you)
    1 piece of 2-ply aluminum foil 2x4inches
    1 lighter
    1 sprinkle (yes, a sprinkle. this is an extremely conservative method of thc administration) of fine herbage of your choice (for me, that'd be sour dies. As stated earlier, sativas are the best route to go for an energetic, cerebral experience).

Now...

for almost 0 dollars, you've got a functioning vaporizer which will save both your wallet and lungs.

For those of you under the impression the tinfoil is going to kill you and give you alzheimers.. you are incorrect. I do not have the study on hand, but i have read one that investigated this myth and proved it wrong. aluminum foil does not burn, at least not at the temperature you'd be exposing it to with a lighter. NASA wraps space shuttles and satellites in the stuff to prevent them from burning.

Volcano Digital is the way to go without a question. that is an extremely reliable piece of equipment... but at a very steep price. best advice to anyone looking to purchase a vape... save up for a volcano (doesn't have to be digital btw), or go with something like the vapor bros. (comes with lifetime warranty etc)... anything else, i.e. the Vapir One, etc... COMPLETE SH*T product. basically any vape for under 300 is either going to break, or just not work well. hence my point, when your goods are running low, grab some reynolds wrap and a bic pen.
  20. dpfisher

You can make your own for about $40 with a digital heat gun, some plumbing hardware, and an oven bag. Plus you don't have to wreck the heat gun so now you have a sweet digital heat gun!

That said, vapes suck. It's not the same, it's like smoking hash. You can just smoke and smoke and smoke and all you get is THC, you never the the effects from the CBD/CBN/others. However if you are just smoking hash then vapes are the way to go. You can get like 20 bags of a gram.
  21. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.6%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    You can make your own for about $40 with a digital heat gun, some plumbing hardware, and an oven bag. Plus you don't have to wreck the heat gun so now you have a sweet digital heat gun!

That said, vapes suck. It's not the same, it's like smoking hash. You can just smoke and smoke and smoke and all you get is THC, you never the the effects from the CBD/CBN/others. However if you are just smoking hash then vapes are the way to go. You can get like 20 bags of a gram.
    Gimme a shoe string, a hanger, and a dirty diaper I will make you the most KILLER BONG MAN!
    The Historic PES Legend
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.99%

No, volacanos are not the best. Some may prefer it. It is not really user friendly. Silver Surfer is good.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.01%

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Gimme a shoe string, a hanger, and a dirty diaper I will make you the most KILLER BONG MAN!
    pocket knife, an apple, and my snorkle.. trust me man ive made bongs out of less!

vaporizers are great. I had the one that looked like a water pipe with a big open slide where you put your heat gun in. there are some other good ones for a good price, read reviews. this is a good site to get:

www.gotvape.com
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  65 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.49%

I haven't ever tried it!! guess I'll give it a shot!
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.08%

Just thought I'd make the announcement that tonight will be my first time smoking out of a vap....

Wish me luck guys!
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.96%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    smoking before is a waste of weed.
    i could agree and disagree because if i do then when im done lifting i not high cuz ur body metabolizes weed faster when u lift oposed to sitting on the couch
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.35%

I think there are negative effects,

the studies done on effecting testosterone are not conclusive.

They havnet done studies on cannabis smoking bodybuilders for example.

But in truth, in a few studies it has proven to lower testerone and increase testosterone.

Example, has anyone smoked a while, and then stopped, to realize an increased level of aggresivenes?

Example, does anyone only smoke once a day at night, and feel more agrresive during the day?

I think smoking moderately could benefit a bodybuilder but abuse would negatively affect gains, that is, if a person is not taking concurrent testosterone boosters.

In the end, everyone will notice different effects.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.01%

Quote Originally Posted by Psychabinol View Post
    I think there are negative effects,

the studies done on effecting testosterone are not conclusive.

They havnet done studies on cannabis smoking bodybuilders for example.

But in truth, in a few studies it has proven to lower testerone and increase testosterone.

Example, has anyone smoked a while, and then stopped, to realize an increased level of aggresivenes?

Example, does anyone only smoke once a day at night, and feel more agrresive during the day?

I think smoking moderately could benefit a bodybuilder but abuse would negatively affect gains, that is, if a person is not taking concurrent testosterone boosters.

In the end, everyone will notice different effects.
    the keyword is always moderation. too much of a good thing could give you adverse effects, thats all
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85%

Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    wow, last night... i smoked way TOO MUCH. i was spinning and throbbing and then threw up all the food i ate earlier. there was no way i could have lifted feelin like that, but after i puked, i felt great but no energy to go workout. but somehow found the strength to do 2 hours of cardio with my gf
    Go kill yourself

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    And? I am seemingly missing your point!
    Yeah I know... weed has many benefits, like improving sex, movies, taste of food, etc... I wouldn't consider improving your workout one of the benefits at all.

I had a roommate in college that I smoked with consistently. I never liked to smoke and lift and he was the opposite. Loved the feeling and felt really focused. We were tracking our progress of course and after a couple weeks it was obvious that he couldn't push the same weight when he lifted after smoking. We promptly put an end to smoking before working out

Quote Originally Posted by EMT803 View Post
    It's like a heroin addict spitting on a crackhead for being a junkie.
    ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by illgixxer View Post
    why is this? I enjoy blunts the most.
    I used to enjoy blunts too but they are terrible on your lungs. It's like smoking a cigarette with your weed. I think vapes are okay but I liked to be able to just spark something up and kick back and smoke so joints were my fave.
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.01%

what about those cellulose see through papers? any evil carcinogen reports on those? ive always wanted to buy a pack
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.69%

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    i could agree and disagree because if i do then when im done lifting i not high cuz ur body metabolizes weed faster when u lift oposed to sitting on the couch
    Dood - r u hi?
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.35%

[QUOTE=GettinSwol;2149514]Go kill yourself

wtf?
    CELTIC LABS REP
  33. dpfisher

This morning after I got done lifting I almost poured a full shaker cup of water into a brand new jug of protein powder. I got to the point where I had the cup over the jug, tipped so the water was right at the edge of pouring. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't stopped.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.01%

This morning after I got done lifting I almost poured a full shaker cup of water into a brand new jug of protein powder. I got to the point where I had the cup over the jug, tipped so the water was right at the edge of pouring. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't stopped.
    hahahaha omg i think ive done this before
  35. dpfisher

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    hahahaha omg i think ive done this before
    You think? It seems like it would make such a mess of your powder you'd remember it.
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.01%

You think? It seems like it would make such a mess of your powder you'd remember it.
    oh i constantly catch myself pouring my multivitamin into my morning green tea, ive mixed one of those little cartons of OJ for eggwhites once and poured it all into the pan with eggs. i think at one point i did pour something into my protein jug. I call it having stoner vision lol
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.58%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Sometimes I space out and stick cereal boxes in the fridge, OJ in the cabinet, etc.

Brain fart.
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

See... f*** all that. I like to be on point. Instead of pouring orange juice in my creatine jug, I'd get stoned and rack 3 45's on one side of the bar and 2 on the other side and drop the s*** on my face.
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.

Similar Forum Threads

1. K2 herb
    By purelife1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 12:47 PM
  2. Puffing the herb...
    By EssexBoi in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 12:49 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 11:20 AM
  4. Herb Tea Fights Breastcancer