Transformation - looking for help advice and comments

ketms

Awards
Hello all

Its time for me to 100% focus and accomplish my bodybuilding goals! To begin the process, starting today, I am taking my 20 yr old 6'1 frame from 188lbs @18-19% bf to 200lbs @ 15% bf by september 30, 2010. This is my short term goal for the next year.

I have been lifting on and off for about 4 years now and eating "better" for the last year (meaning 6 meals, healthier foods, aware of my macros).

My plan is to cut down to 180 at 15%ish and start cleanly bulking from there. I realize that I will probably need to cut a little bit to get back to 15% at the end but I want to minimize that time.

Looking at my goals, does this plan sound good? should I start bulking now and cut it all later? is there a faster way to get to a natural 200@ 15%? any suggestions at all are appreciated.

I will also post pics.
Once my plan is set I will start a log and look for your support!

thanks everyone

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
12lbs and minus only 4%? Im sure you could do better than that.

ketms

Awards
well 17lbs lol but still, i think its a very reasonable thing to accomplish in a years time. Is this the best plan of action to accomplish this goal??

chris808costa

chris808costa

Awards
If I were you I wouldn't do a clean bulk I would just bulk up to maybe 215 then cut until your happy :)

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
188 to 200 is 17 lbs? Since when? Anyway, I think you should bulk as well, not super clean, but not down right dirty either. Work your way up to around 4000 cal a day, bulk until aprl-may, then start to clean up. Even if you miss your goal numbers, the changes will be dramatic. Congratulations on your desicion!!

ketms

Awards
haha i was saying that 188 @19% to 200@15% is a 17lean lb increase .... im going to drop a few more lbs over the next few weeks and then start bulking up. I will take that bulk at least through april and depending on how i feel maybe longer. Anymore tips dedlifter? I agree not to have a super clean or super dirty bulk. I just want to maximize lm gains with not too much fat. I want to stay under 20% throughout this process if possible..

codywaters

codywaters

Awards
Please do not be offended by the following advice. You need a wake up call...

You do not have any notable amount of muscle. That being said, if you cut the gobbs of fat off, then you will be a string bean. the term "bulking" is most often misused as an excuse to eat like ****, put on lots of weight of which most is fat!!! That is definatly not the way you need to go.

You should focus 90% of your effort on your diet! When people do not achieve their goals it usually means their diet sucks. Occaionally they are candy ass ing in the gym and need a reality check(take their phone away from them and stomp it on the ground right in front of them)

My best advice for you is to really research your diet and get your **** in check. You can put on 17lbs of muscle in a year, no problem. remember, you are in the beginner phase and will react very quickly to new stimuli. I know you said you have been lifting for 4 years, but it looks like you spent more time lifting 12oz cans instead of heavy ass weight.

Good luck

PS - I WISH YOU FU KRS WOULD STOP SAYING YOU ARE BODY BUILDERS UNLESS YOU HAVE DONE A SHOW OR COULD STEP ON STAGE... OBVIOUSLY NOT THE CASE HERE.

myroslav

Awards
hi im planning to do my first h-drol cycle.
week 1 -50 mg h-drol
week 2 -50 mg h-drol
week 3 -75 mg h-drol
week 4 -75 mg h-drol
week 5 -50 mg h-drol
week 6 -50 mg h-drol

age.18
height.2 meters
weight.87 kilograms

my diet is:350-450 grams a day of protein
4000-5500 calories a day.

How much muscle mass i gonna gain from this cycle with good PCT and how much i gonna keep!

this is very important for me because its my first cycle so can any one tell me please what support supplements should i use to dont get a Gyno while im on h-drol and what PCT do i need to keep all my h-drol gains.I really need to bulkup so maybe should i stack h-drol with some other PROHORMONES.I need as much muscle mass as possible.PLEASE PEOPLE HELP ME.thank you.

PLEASE DONT SAY IM TOO YOUNG!

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
If you put your heart and soul into this you can accomplish your goals much sooner. Maybe 2-3 months before what your saying.

ketms

Awards
thanks for the input guys .. cody i appreciate your advice and i know i look sloppy as hell right now. Im also not saying i should be considered a bodybuilder, im just looking for help from people on this forum since so many of you guys know your ****.

For my diet, I figure ill need to start with 3500 cal and see how i do. cody, what diet pointers can you offer? again, im not taking offense to anything. Im here to learn so I can grow.

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
Whats your diet look like now? Can you possibly give us an example of what your eating and when your eating it.

myroslay, start your own thread.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
I think "lifting on and off" describes it. To me, it looks like you spent more time on the off side of the spectrum.

Get in the gym and get serious. A "bulk" right now -- with your current lifestyle as reflected in the pictures -- you will just get fat. A "cut" right now and you will disappear. Cody hit the nail on the head. You need to get serious in the gym first.

What is your weekly workout looking like right now?

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
Get a trainer or a WO partner who will push you. Intensity is the key, in phases though. You can't push hard all the time.

ketms

Awards
day1 Upper (similar to max effort)
-Bench sets of 5 until I cant get 5th rep, then sets of 3 until failure
-Bent rows 5-6 x 6-8
-DB Bench 4 x 8-10
-Upright Rows 3x10

day 2 Lower
-Squat same reps as bench lift
-Stiffleg DL 4x6-8
-BB step-ups
-box hops if I can

day 3 Back/Bis
-Pull-ups 6sets
-T-Bar rows 5x8-10
-Lat Pull downs 2x10
-Seated rows 2x10
-bb curls whatever i can do

day 4 Chest/tris
-Bench 6x5 as fast as i can move the weight, max reps of 135, 155, 175
-decline or incline bench 4x8-10
-Flys 3-4x10
-skull crushers whatever i can do

day 5 Legs
-squat or deadlift 4x8
-leg press 4x8-10
-leg curls 3x8-10
-squat jump 4x10

rest 2-3 days each week depending on when I need it

maybe a good run one day and another day of some sprints each week would be good?

I started lifting like this without cardio a few months ago and eating like crazy. In 2 months I gained 10 lbs eating up to about 4000cal/day .About half of that weight was fat, but i got a lot stronger. Then I got busy and lazy for a bit but now im getting serious and staying serious. Obviously i need some direction with everything.

thanks again

chess315

chess315

Awards
your type of build is alway the hardest to give advice because you need to gain more muscle but also lose bf I do think your routine isnt very good for someone at your stage you should proably still be doing fullbody workout hell I still do them and I weigh 220 I dont want to tell you what to do but your routine looks like a muscle mag routine and they are terriible for begginers at least read madcows 5x5 I think it would be perfect for you. dont underestimate fullbody workouts I have never seen some one that isnt already very large not make good gains on them especially beginners thats what any real good strength coach would recommend.

chess315

chess315

Awards
your build really isnt that bad you have some muscle already I'm kind of leaning you should proably spend a 5 or 6 weeks geting a little leaner then bulking I dont like the workout at all though its way to much imo I dont think anyone using less then a gram of juice should workout more then 4 days a week thats just my opionion.

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
Check this routine out. Reevesdiesel had talked about it in another thread I'm pretty sure and I think its got a couple good work-out routine ideas and a not so bad diet that you can play around with.

http://www.ghostgym.net/articles/10_wk_sz.pdf

I would honestly just eat as clean as you possibly can. Try to do a nice little lean bulk, 500 over maintenance maybe a bit more. Do a full-body 3 times a week, maybe some accessory work on the weekends. I would do maybe 20-25 minutes of cardio to, thats just my choice.

Heres an example of my diet, it may not be the best but its what I like.

3,557 cals (fitday)
8:00
4 Eggs
1 Cup Bran Cereal
1 Cup Milk

12:00
1/2lb Lean Beef
1 Cup Whole Wheat Macaroni

2:00
8oz low-fat Yogurt
1/2 can Peaches
1 Scoop Whey

5:00 Pre-workout
1 Chicken Breast
1/2 Cup Brown Rice

7:00 Post-workout
1 Scoop Whey
2 Tbsp Dextrose
1 Banana

10:00
1 Scoop Whey

3oz Mixed Nuts Throughout the day

Try the fullbody routine on the link.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Check this routine out. Reevesdiesel had talked about it in another thread I'm pretty sure and I think its got a couple good work-out routine ideas and a not so bad diet that you can play around with.

I would honestly just eat as clean as you possibly can. Try to do a nice little lean bulk, 500 over maintenance maybe a bit more. Do a full-body 3 times a week, maybe some accessory work on the weekends. I would do maybe 20-25 minutes of cardio to, thats just my choice.

3,557 cals (fitday)
4 Eggs
1 Cup Bran Cereal
1 Cup Milk

1/2lb Lean Beef

8oz low-fat Yogurt
1/2 can Peaches
1 Scoop Whey

1 Chicken Breast
1/2 Cup Brown Rice

1 Scoop Whey
2 Tbsp Dextrose
1 Banana

1 Scoop Whey

You dont have a whole food protein and a carb post w\O????:nono:

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established

3,557 cals (fitday)
4 Eggs
1 Cup Bran Cereal
1 Cup Milk

1/2lb Lean Beef

8oz low-fat Yogurt
1/2 can Peaches
1 Scoop Whey

1 Chicken Breast
1/2 Cup Brown Rice

1 Scoop Whey
2 Tbsp Dextrose
1 Banana

1 Scoop Whey

Yes, I'm now on week 5 of this program, Size Surge. I'm on phase 2 now.
AND, I'm up almost 7 lbs!!!!!! I'm so damn excited, AND my waist has stayed the same. Excellent program, I highly recommend it. You've got to push yourself though, it's not easy.

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
You dont have a whole food protein and a carb post w\O????:nono:
Yah, I couldn't do that. 7 I'd have my post-wo drink and by 8-830 I'd eat a meal fit for a king. Hahha, then before bed a whey drink. Though, I dont' us shakes at all and rely on food. BUT, to help get in some extra cals. I did just order MHP Up Your Mass.

ketms

Awards
my day usually looks something like this

4eggs(4whites and 2 whole)
1/2cup oats with raisins
1 cup oj

noon
2 slices whole weat bread, 2 slices 2%cheese, ham and turkey
1 apple

300pm Post w/o
2 servings whey
1 serv grape juice
1 bananna

600pm dinner
2-3 serv of either chicken/beef/pork
2 serv of veggies
mashed potatos or rice
1 cup skim milk

800pm
large chicken breast
whole weat wrap
shredded cheese 2%
salsa

Before bed
1 scoop casein or some lunch meat

I took a look at the workout in the link and the 5x5 program. How does something that sort of combines the two sound? what If i were to do an Upper/lower split lifting 4x per week or so? whatever I do the major lifts (squat, dl, bench) will be the core.

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
I usually eat something post-workout at around 8ish, its just not up there cause its whatever my mom cooks. All good healthy eats.
The diet is going really well, I used volcom's hamburger helper recipe by replacing the noodles with whole wheat rotini. Pre-cook the chicken breasts on Sunday for the week and pre-cook the hamburger helper for a week and a bits worth.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
my day usually looks something like this

4eggs(4whites and 2 whole)
1/2cup oats with raisins
1 cup oj

noon
2 slices whole weat bread, 2 slices 2%cheese, ham and turkey
1 apple

300pm Post w/o
2 servings whey
1 serv grape juice
1 bananna

600pm dinner
2-3 serv of either chicken/beef/pork
2 serv of veggies
mashed potatos or rice
1 cup skim milk

800pm
large chicken breast
whole weat wrap
shredded cheese 2%
salsa

Before bed
1 scoop casein or some lunch meat

I took a look at the workout in the link and the 5x5 program. How does something that sort of combines the two sound? what If i were to do an Upper/lower split lifting 4x per week or so? whatever I do the major lifts (squat, dl, bench) will be the core.
Your 3pm meal is your po\wo and you dont eat a real meal until 6pm???? So you work out somwhere between 12pm and 3pm, and dont eat whole food until 6pm? Not good my friend.:paranoid:

ketms

Awards
Your 3pm meal is your po\wo and you dont eat a real meal until 6pm???? So you work out somwhere between 12pm and 3pm, and dont eat whole food until 6pm? Not good my friend.:paranoid:
yeah probably not the smartest idea. I started splitting the w/o shake about half pre and half post and added a meal of some tuna or lunchmeat with whole grain bread at 4 (about 45 mins after my shake).

Also let me know what you guys think of this 3x week full body w/o:

Workout A
Deadlift 5x5
Bench 5x5
BB rows 4x5-7

Leg Press 2x8-10
Military Press 3x8
Flys 2x10

Workout B
Squat 5x5
Pull-ups weighted 5x5-8
Dips weighted 5x5-8

SLDL (or powercleans?) 3 sets
Tbar rows 2x8-10
DB bench 2x8-10

lift on Tues, Thurs, and either Sat or Sun
Run/sprints twice per week on off days

thanks

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
I would personally add a 3rd workout in there.

Workout A
Deadlift 5x5
Bench 5x5
BB rows 4x5-7
Leg Press 3x8-10
Hamstring Curls 3x8-10
Reverse Flyes 3x8-10
3-5 Sets of Abs till failure

Workout B
Squat 5x5
Military Press 4x8-10
Pull-ups weighted 5x5-8
Chest Dips weighted 5x5-8
Seated rows 2x8-10
Flyes 2x8-10
BB/DB Shrugs 3x8-10

Workout C
SLDL 3x8-10
Incline Bench 5x5
Pull-downs 4x8-10
Up-right rows 3x8-10
Wide-Grip Rows 3x8-10
Cross-overs 3x8-10
Calf Raises 3x8-10

ketms

Awards
Am I repeating workouts too frequently with only 2 as opposed to adding a third?

also, do you guys eat the same total calories on lifting days as you do on off days?