gaining 50lbs in 1 month.....possible?

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
im talking no limits on fat gain or muscle gain. just eating all day every day for a month. could you gain 50 lbs?

i mean thats only about 1.5lbs a day.

hell make it 2 months and 100lbs. how awesome would that be. 100lbs heavier in 2 months.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
i'm sure its possible. how many calories a day would it take, i wonder.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Considering the huge stress on the body and the massi e edema you'd have, there would be one hell ofa good chance to find out if you had any weak health areas as well as your how good of a life insurance plan you have.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Is this thread for real? :Flush:

Thorium

Awards
50 pounds in a month would probably be a little much. I mean you can eat enough calories to accomplish such a gain but your body will only absorb so many. I'm guessing you'd be spending a lot of time on the toilet.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
what do they say 3500 calories per pound, right? So you'd need to eat 5250 calories ABOVE BMR. So ballpark, 8000-8500 calories a day for a relatively sedentary person, get a lift in every day or two no cardio. Just eat McDonalds all day, 5x/day. The weight gain wouldn't be attractive though.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
if u could it would be fat and y?!? and not to mention the stretch marks ehh

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hell 2600 carbs in a day can put on 24 pounds or so if your depleted and on keto for quite some time

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
like to see this done and if ya do it do b4 and after pics

SRS this is stupid as your body will hate you for this

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i dont even think the guy on supersize me gained 20? did he.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i was thinking it wouldnt be possible........it seems to me your metabolism would level out and somewhat get 'used' to eating so much. you would gain but at a lot slower of a pace around week 2. i know if i eat a ton i can gain weight fast probably 10 lbs in a week or two but if i keep eating junk food every night after hitting the tobacco water pipe ill level out and stop gaining weight.

just food for thought.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
i was thinking it wouldnt be possible........it seems to me your metabolism would level out and somewhat get 'used' to eating so much. you would gain but at a lot slower of a pace around week 2. i know if i eat a ton i can gain weight fast probably 10 lbs in a week or two but if i keep eating junk food every night after hitting the tobacco water pipe ill level out and stop gaining weight.

just food for thought.
I would think you are right. your body probably can't absorb all those calories. I'm not saying it isn't possible but it'd be damn hard.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
It would make alot of sense, if you were trying out for some sort of reversed Biggest loser show. Or if your an idiot.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It would make alot of sense, if you were trying out for some sort of reversed Biggest loser show. Or if your an idiot.
aha! You've have hit upon my great tv idea!

Take a bunch of the scrawniest nerds, throw them in a house with trainers and see how much LBM per week they could add!

The winner gets a date! With a girl! And some cash I guess :dunno:

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established

Take a bunch of the scrawniest nerds, throw them in a house with trainers and see how much LBM per week they could add!

If you just made it BM and dropped the L as was suggested in the OP, you could just call it The Fattest Loser.

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
Would be extremely bad for your heart AND most would be fat. There's no point.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established

I'd watch it.

Rustang

Rustang

Awards
if you did this then I would love to see what your cut cycle results would look like :18:

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
impossible human body tissue cannot expand at that rate.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
impossible human body tissue cannot expand at that rate.
Not sure thats entirely true. I work in the sciences and I have heard of cases where pituitary issues have induced rapid weight gain/loss of that magnitude. I agree though that it is difficult, unlikely and probably unhealthy.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
well hmm im assumin it might due to some genetical disease or something out of oridnary, IMO i just dont thin a normal person's could

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
i don't see why you would want to...3500 calories = about 1lb so you're looking at an insane amount of food to eat and on top of that you need to be able to lift weights and get on with your daily life...seems like a dumb idea but i'd pay to see somebody do it.

EGOSUM989

Awards
50 lbs in 1 month

Yes, it's possible to do. A high calorie diet with heavy lifting for 1 month will get you 45-50lbs of solid mass. The discipline of eating 5 meals a day consistently is the challenge not to mention the grocery bill you'll have for that month. I took in 5852 calories a day and worked out an hour a day, heavy lifting, I gained 47lbs and had the physique of Russel Crow in Gladiator. I used a custom diet where the meals were very small and not burdensome to eat and they didn't leave me feeling bloated and so stuffed that I couldn't work out. If your still interested let me know and i"ll post my fast track diet plan.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, it's possible to do. A high calorie diet with heavy lifting for 1 month will get you 45-50lbs of solid mass. The discipline of eating 5 meals a day consistently is the challenge not to mention the grocery bill you'll have for that month. I took in 5852 calories a day and worked out an hour a day, heavy lifting, I gained 47lbs and had the physique of Russel Crow in Gladiator. I used a custom diet where the meals were very small and not burdensome to eat and they didn't leave me feeling bloated and so stuffed that I couldn't work out. If your still interested let me know and i"ll post my fast track diet plan.
I would like to see your daily diet and workout log.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Either all talk or please prove it.

EGOSUM989

Awards
50 lbs in 1 month

This is the diet I used. The actual work out routine is really up to you. I worked out 5 days a week, ran on the 6th day, rested on the 7th and started all over a gain on Monday, a regular sleep /rest schedule is a must. Best of Luck!

BRKFAST 8:AM Calories Protein
3 eggs = 225 15
2 cup yogurt(Greek) 320 20
2 wheat bread= 220 8
2 tbsp veg oil= 240 0
1 banana= 105 1
1110 cals 44 gms

BRUNCH 11:AM
2 cans tuna= 100 22
2 bananas= 210 2
2 tbsp veg oil= 240 0
2 wheat bread= 200 8
1 avocado= 365 7
1115 cals 39 gms

LUNCH 2:pM
1 Pot Pie(Marie Callendar's)600 17
2 tbsp veg oil= 240 0
1 Avocado= 365 7
1 banana= 105 1
1310 cals 25 gms

DINNER 5:pM
protein shake= 310 variable
1 pot pie= 600 17
1 banana= 105 1
1 avacado= 365 7
1380 cals 25 gms

DINNER 8:pM
2 cans tuna= 100 22
2 bananas= 210 2
2 tbsp veg oil= 264 0
1 avocado= 365 17
939 cals 41 gms

5854 Cals. A DAY
170+ Protein A DAY

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Nice but pot pies?! Wtf? Lol

Replace that with some meat!

But thats a better diet then i have seen of others bud, good job!

dylandufault

dylandufault

Awards
This is the diet I used. The actual work out routine is really up to you. I worked out 5 days a week, ran on the 6th day, rested on the 7th and started all over a gain on Monday, a regular sleep /rest schedule is a must. Best of Luck!

BRKFAST 8:AM Calories Protein
3 eggs = 225 15
2 cup yogurt(Greek) 320 20
2 wheat bread= 220 8
2 tbsp veg oil= 240 0
1 banana= 105 1
1110 cals 44 gms

BRUNCH 11:AM
2 cans tuna= 100 22
2 bananas= 210 2
2 tbsp veg oil= 240 0
2 wheat bread= 200 8
1 avocado= 365 7
1115 cals 39 gms

LUNCH 2:pM
1 Pot Pie(Marie Callendar's)600 17
2 tbsp veg oil= 240 0
1 Avocado= 365 7
1 banana= 105 1
1310 cals 25 gms

DINNER 5:pM
protein shake= 310 variable
1 pot pie= 600 17
1 banana= 105 1
1 avacado= 365 7
1380 cals 25 gms

DINNER 8:pM
2 cans tuna= 100 22
2 bananas= 210 2
2 tbsp veg oil= 264 0
1 avocado= 365 17
939 cals 41 gms

5854 Cals. A DAY
170+ Protein A DAY
How long were you able to actually keep that size? Did you keep it going after that month or change it up?

EGOSUM989

Awards
50 lbs in 1 month

I constructed this diet with the following factors in mind High Calories, High Protein, Light Weight (not burdensome in your belly), Cost and a set amount of time to do it in. It's extremely effective as a ladder to reach a seemingly impossible goal in a relatively short time. After having reached my goal, I changed my diet. Believe me, 30 days of eating the same thing over and over is not fun, but the means justified the end. I was frankly surprised at how many nay Sayers there were that claimed it was impossible to do. Gaining and shedding, are a direct result of diet and exercise, it is not rocket science, it's simple math, and commitment. When I started I was 150lbs. My goal was 200lbs. At the end of 30 days I was 195, close enough for me. Today my weight fluctuates between 195 on an empty stomach and 201. How you will proceed, after a month on this diet, will really depend on what your personal goals are. Have a goal in mind and a map to get there before you start this diet, or any other.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Anybody ever notice that when you put a : next to a p you get this :p or an 8 at the end of parenthesis you get 8) .. I do that all the time by accident lmao . Back to OP thats a stupid idea