Helpful protein finds...

jefffery2005

Awards
I thought a list like this might help us who have a hard time finding protein and bulking up. If you know of any foods that are have more calories or protein then others post them here. Also if you find a new product on the market.

For example, today at the grocery store I found that orowheat came out with a new bread called "protein health bread".

single slice:
100 calories
15 from fat
6 grams of protein
18 grams of carbs

another example would be eating Greek Yogurt instead of regular Yogurt which has twice as much protein....

Thanks for the replies....

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
sprouted grain breads tend to be very high in protein, as well as whole wheat pasta, and even the obvious oatmeal is high in protein.

although it is still protein, vegetable sources tend to lack leucine, which is one measurment of protein quality.

I still prefer to get in a good amount of meat from chicken or beef regardless of the protein amount of the carbhoydrate.

the greek yogurt is a great option though since it is from milk, a great quality casein source for sure.

dakaus

Awards
I thought a list like this might help us who have a hard time finding protein and bulking up. If you know of any foods that are have more calories or protein then others post them here. Also if you find a new product on the market.

For example, today at the grocery store I found that orowheat came out with a new bread called "protein health bread".

single slice:
100 calories
15 from fat
6 grams of protein
18 grams of carbs

another example would be eating Greek Yogurt instead of regular Yogurt which has twice as much protein....

Thanks for the replies....
the brand "Arnold" has very similar stats.. they have a protein bread with 7gs