Help with lean bulk

Davidlee

I'm trying to make gains ,but not gain unwanted body fat. I still have pudge around my mid section. Do you guys think I should drop it completely before I bulk or what?
I currently eat:

Meal 1. High Protein Special K cereal
Meal 2. Whey shake
Meal 3. Large Quiznos Wheat sub w/ chicken , lettuce, and tomato.
Meal 4. either Chicken breast with some veggies and a piece of wheat bread or a lean hamburger with veggies.
Meal 5. Same as 4 usually.

I workout at 8 - 9 A.M and take N.O Xplode b4 and creatine afterwards. I take a sport vitamin in the morning and evening. And it seems my weight flucuates. I don't know what it is ,but if i slip and eat like 12 oz of chicken and veggies then I'll look at my stomach and think it appears I have visible BF gains... I guess it's because I eat like 5 - 6 times a day but there not portioned or anything.. Sometimes I eat 2 hours later or maybe 3.. Sometimes I'll eat a sandwich or oatmeal and another time I might eat a large sub.. please help with what Im doing wrong I will post pics

DenDestroys

Awards
If you don't lose your stomach now, it'll just stay with you. Also, since this is a lean bulk, you do need to know how much portions of food you are getting. Try getting 400-500 calories above your maintenance calories. A good, rough estimate to finding this is taking your current bodyweight x 15. Eat your carbs before workout and rightafter, don't be eating them any other time of the day, especially within a few hours of sleep: this will pack on the fat. Also, I would drop the quizno's sub, unless its post workout and has low fat. Carbs and protein postworkout, consuming fat within a couple hours of working out hinders the speed of packing your muscles with the essentials it needs- you know, the "window of opportunity". Other than that, keep your protein high, 1.5-2grams per pound of bodyweight. Also, eating some cottage cheese and maybe a tablespoon of peanut butter before bed would work good; casein is a good slow-digesting protein.

Davidlee

how about a small (6") sub on wheat with lettuce, tomato, and chicken only..

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
can u guys actually eat a tablespoon of PB.. what do you eat it with?

i personally can't stand eating PB as a standalone.

DenDestroys

Awards
a glass of milk?
This works best. Try just eating a little amount of the tablespoon of PB first, then wash it down with some milk. If you attempt the whole tablespoon at once, it might cake up in your throat and have a hard time swallowing - trust me, I've had it happen.

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
first off, I freaking love PNB. I'll eat 2 tbls. a day, but when cutting I don't consume ANY. For real though, George Washington Carver was THE MAN, what a genius. I highly suggest picking up some books about the guy!

Quiznos is the best sub ever. But if you got some pudge I'd cut it out for now, OR, have it on a higher carb day...like the weekend. Also, look into MCT oil, this stuff simply works wonders. Scifit or Champion Nutrition makes it. Parrillo does too, but he charges WAY TOO much for it. Good luck and maybe you should start a training log or write about your everyday **** in your blog. And if your serious take some before pics and post them up. Stick to it, don't give up and be a vag. ;P

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if u can't just eat peanut butter, get a thing of celery, celery and peanut butter is to die for

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if u can't just eat peanut butter, get a thing of celery, celery and peanut butter is to die for
u forgot the ants on it!!!

Ants on a log= Celery , PB, Raisins

ate it in school growing up lol

AMAZINGG

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
u forgot the ants on it!!!

Ants on a log= Celery , PB, Raisins

ate it in school growing up lol

AMAZINGG
Too funny with that ants on the log saying. Never ever heard of that. Sounds good too, I'll try it this weekend.

Davidlee

What about carbs.. I want to try and cut my carbs slim to none. Don't alot of carbs come from wheat bread? So should I drop the sub in the afternoon?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the sub. they can give you the meat, lettuce, etc in a bowl instead of on bread if you want to dump the carbs