Best Weight Gainer

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    CombatTested's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    102

    Best Weight Gainer


    Looking to start a bulk..want to kno what you think the best weight gainer is...I used Cytogainer in the past and was pleased with it...was thinking either going back to that or trying after schock...what are your opinions?

  2. Banned
    crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Rep Power
    0

    I like n large 2. Cytogainer. And I love isogainer by nutrabolics. Up your mass is awesome too just wish they had a better protein profile
  3. Registered User
    gibsonj4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nasty Nati
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    265

    Food.

    But if you wanna do a gainer, I like Isomass by Ultimate Nutrition. My gainer recipe was:

    Gainer powder
    16oz 2% milk
    4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1-2 cups frozen blueberries.

    I don't do a gainer now I think they are a waste of money personally. Buy food or if you want a high cal shake, mix 1 cup oatmeal with 2scoops whey or casein, and 16oz milk. Good carbs and a lot of calories/protein.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    gibsonj4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nasty Nati
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    265

    I forgot to ask, what's your diet like? What is your macronutrient breakdown you eat or are going for?
  5. Registered User
    liquid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,609
    Rep Power
    75828

    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonj4 View Post
    Food.

    But if you wanna do a gainer, I like Isomass by Ultimate Nutrition. My gainer recipe was:

    Gainer powder
    16oz 2% milk
    4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1-2 cups frozen blueberries.

    I don't do a gainer now I think they are a waste of money personally. Buy food or if you want a high cal shake, mix 1 cup oatmeal with 2scoops whey or casein, and 16oz milk. Good carbs and a lot of calories/protein.
    I agree on the Isomass. I have not used it before, but the profile on that thing looks good.
  6. Registered User
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,640
    Rep Power
    2365

    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTested View Post
    Looking to start a bulk..want to kno what you think the best weight gainer is...I used Cytogainer in the past and was pleased with it...was thinking either going back to that or trying after schock...what are your opinions?
    why not make your own?
    blender with 2 to 3 scoops of whey, natty PB, oats (after they've been ran through a coffee bean grinder into a powder) olive oil, fruit, quick carb (if necessary) make with whole milk
  7. Banned
    crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Rep Power
    0

    I make my own now personally also. But out of the ones I've used those stand out.

    I use 2 packets oatmeal or cream of wheat. Protein powder and either PB or mac nut oil or evoo or even coconut oil
  8. Registered User
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,640
    Rep Power
    2365

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    I make my own now personally also. But out of the ones I've used those stand out.

    I use 2 packets oatmeal or cream of wheat. Protein powder and either PB or mac nut oil or evoo or even coconut oil
    evoo?
  9. Registered User
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3787

    Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

    yea weight gainers are just a whey with a bunch of maltodextrin. You end up gaining fat because you are taking it 200 gs of carbs per serving NOT after workout. You are definitely better off making your own by adding PB, oats, berries, some carbs, to a big whey shake. Eating late at night is crucial if you want to slow down your metabolism a bit to gain weight. Cook a pound of whole wheat pasta and feed on that with your meals throughout the day.
  10. MTG
    MTG is offline
    Banned
    MTG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    0

    BSN True-Mass
    Cyto Gainer

    my favorite.
  11. Registered User
    ccapone1153's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    232

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    Eating late at night is crucial if you want to slow down your metabolism a bit to gain weight.

    eating before bed slows down your metabolism?? i thought the whole idea of eating before bed was to raise your metabilsm while u slept???
  12. Registered User
    CombatTested's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    102

    well i just came off a keto diet and i feel now its time to start bulking agian...last time i bulked i used cytogainer i loved it great results gained some fat but i have a fast metabolism so a little cardio not a problem...also im a college student to making all this food is kind of hard 3 shakes a day along with 3 meals is what i aim for
  13. Registered User
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,640
    Rep Power
    2365

    Quote Originally Posted by ccapone1153 View Post
    eating before bed slows down your metabolism?? i thought the whole idea of eating before bed was to raise your metabilsm while u slept???
    eating help your body delay catabolism
  14. Registered User
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3787

    Quote Originally Posted by ccapone1153 View Post
    eating before bed slows down your metabolism?? i thought the whole idea of eating before bed was to raise your metabilsm while u slept???
    no you are right. what I meant was that metabolism usually slows down in the afternoon and evening so use that time to stuff your face, and eventually gain weight.
  15. Registered User
    ccapone1153's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    232

    Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    eating help your body delay catabolism
    think that applys even if your bulking and in a calorie surplus?
  16. Registered User
    ccapone1153's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    232

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    no you are right. what I meant was that metabolism usually slows down in the afternoon and evening so use that time to stuff your face, and eventually gain weight.
    ok phewww... for a sec there u turned my world upside down haha
  17. Registered User
    gino1168's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    119

    Whole milk,flax oil,peanut butter,fruit and steel oats.
  18. Registered User
    bkoguy07's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    25
    Posts
    441
    Rep Power
    313

    I like Cyto gainer... but my favorite even though I hate their company is....


    IDS smartgainer... **** just makes me huge.
    Bench - 355
    Squat - 405
    Deadlift - 600
  19. Banned
    crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Rep Power
    0

    Ids smart gainer!!b totally forgot bout that one.

    But seriously nutrabolics isogainer is the shizzzz
  20. Registered User
    BoardGuest978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    83

    My first weight gainer was Isomass. Gained weight like crazy, 10 lbs in one week (probably 50% of it was water retention though). But it tasted like ****, I gagged each time I drank it.

    I've been currently on Quickmass cycles for the last 2 years. I'd say I gained around 10 pounds from it for those 2 years. Tastes pretty good.

    I ordered some Megamass 2000, should be getting it in a week. Seen a picture with Fedor and Alexsander Emelianenko they're pretty jacked and they look like there sponsoring it ot it must be good stuff lol
    www .mma-extreme.com/images/young_emelianenko.jpg

    The best weight gainer though I would say is Russian Bear 5000. It's got roids in it I bet. I couldn't get my hands on it though cause it's illegal in Canada. I wouldn't use it unless I tried something less drastic.
  21. Registered User
    BoardGuest978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    83

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

    yea weight gainers are just a whey with a bunch of maltodextrin. You end up gaining fat because you are taking it 200 gs of carbs per serving NOT after workout. You are definitely better off making your own by adding PB, oats, berries, some carbs, to a big whey shake. Eating late at night is crucial if you want to slow down your metabolism a bit to gain weight. Cook a pound of whole wheat pasta and feed on that with your meals throughout the day.
    Oh god I hope your joking about that Olive Oil. 1 spoon a day is alright but dont overdo it. My friend did this, he gained alot of weight but it didn't show at all. As soon as he stopped, he lost it all in 2 days.

    Complete waste of time.

    For night, drink casein protein. It is slow disolving, low grade protein that keeps your stomach full for the 8 to 10 hours that you're sleeping. I personally use Syntha-6. Tastes awesome and I dont have a sore belly in the morning (Makes it a bit hard to eat a full breakfeast though)
  22. Registered User
    CombatTested's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    102

    Quote Originally Posted by BoardGuest978 View Post
    Oh god I hope your joking about that Olive Oil. 1 spoon a day is alright but dont overdo it. My friend did this, he gained alot of weight but it didn't show at all. As soon as he stopped, he lost it all in 2 days.

    Complete waste of time.

    For night, drink casein protein. It is slow disolving, low grade protein that keeps your stomach full for the 8 to 10 hours that you're sleeping. I personally use Syntha-6. Tastes awesome and I dont have a sore belly in the morning (Makes it a bit hard to eat a full breakfeast though)
    yea i think im gunna go with the cyto gainer again and grab some casein to
  23. Registered User
    gibsonj4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nasty Nati
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    265

    I beg to differ on the olive oil/flax seed. Good fats not only help add size but help with healthy hormone production. I always added flax/evoo to my shakes when bulking.
  24. Registered User
    BoardGuest978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    83

    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTested View Post
    yea i think im gunna go with the cyto gainer again and grab some casein to
    Right on man. If you can also eat stuff yourself with oatmeal before going to bed thats a good bonus too.
  25. Registered User
    BoardGuest978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    83

    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonj4 View Post
    I beg to differ on the olive oil/flax seed. Good fats not only help add size but help with healthy hormone production. I always added flax/evoo to my shakes when bulking.
    You're probably right, but I think tis bad if you overdo it though. When my friend did it he exagerated, almost a litre a day. When AntonG42O said "Extra Virgin Olive Oil" like a title I immediatly thought of my friend's incident.

    I never tried it myself but ya it probably would help if used in moderated quantities...
  26. Registered User
    gibsonj4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nasty Nati
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    265

    Quote Originally Posted by BoardGuest978 View Post
    You're probably right, but I think tis bad if you overdo it though. When my friend did it he exagerated, almost a litre a day. When AntonG42O said "Extra Virgin Olive Oil" like a title I immediatly thought of my friend's incident.

    I never tried it myself but ya it probably would help if used in moderated quantities...
    Holy crap I meant like 2-3 tbsp a shake haha. I used like 2-4 added 300-500 calories. The fats also slow the protein breakdown over night as well. The carb content on gainers aren't good overnight either as some believe the blunt GH secretion. Yeah a liter a day is nuts haha
  27. Registered User
    ccapone1153's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    232

    Quote Originally Posted by BoardGuest978 View Post
    When my friend did it he exagerated, almost a litre a day.


    holy sh*t!!!!!! hahah
  28. Banned
    jakellpet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LHJO-ville
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,533
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonj4 View Post
    Food.

    But if you wanna do a gainer, I like Isomass by Ultimate Nutrition. My gainer recipe was:

    Gainer powder
    16oz 2% milk
    4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1-2 cups frozen blueberries.

    I don't do a gainer now I think they are a waste of money personally. Buy food or if you want a high cal shake, mix 1 cup oatmeal with 2scoops whey or casein, and 16oz milk. Good carbs and a lot of calories/protein.
    Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    why not make your own?
    blender with 2 to 3 scoops of whey, natty PB, oats (after they've been ran through a coffee bean grinder into a powder) olive oil, fruit, quick carb (if necessary) make with whole milk
    ^^^ make your own out of whole foods. A lot cheaper and more nutritous
  29. Registered User
    marine0231's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    97

    My personal favorite is up your mass by mhp. I know it has alot of fat but a high fat diet works for me
  30. Registered User
    chris808costa's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    100

    I use Serious Mass by ON. Good stuff right there also vanilla tastes awesome
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Weight Gainer??
    By ZaidFox in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 01:17 PM
  2. best weight gainer
    By cbcowan13 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 03:53 PM
  3. best weight gainer
    By riba in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 10:15 PM
  4. Best Weight Gainer?
    By East1600Plus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 12:56 PM
  5. Should I consider a weight gainer?
    By Pistol Pete in forum Bulking
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 11:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.