football player needs help!

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.17%

football player needs help!

hey everyone. im new to this forum and im looking for some advice. im 6'4 280lbs and about 21% body fat. im starting to train for the upcoming football season and i need help getting in shape. im trying to bring down my body fat and build bulk at the same time. ive started lifting weights 3-4 times a week and i run 2 miles 3 days a week. my typical eating schedule is usually 2 meals a day and a protein shake after the gym. ive been eating grilled chicken breasts and a lot of turkey. any advice or lifestyle tips would be awesome.

2. jim623

Quote Originally Posted by tim111762 View Post
    hey everyone. im new to this forum and im looking for some advice. im 6'4 280lbs and about 21% body fat. im starting to train for the upcoming football season and i need help getting in shape. im trying to bring down my body fat and build bulk at the same time. ive started lifting weights 3-4 times a week and i run 2 miles 3 days a week. my typical eating schedule is usually 2 meals a day and a protein shake after the gym. ive been eating grilled chicken breasts and a lot of turkey. any advice or lifestyle tips would be awesome.

Add 4 or 5 more meals a day for starters. Smaller healthy meals several times a day is much better than 2 large meals. What else do you eat besides chicken and turkey? Any fruits, veggies...
    What about vitamins, amino acids...
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.17%

ive pretty much just strarted changing my diet. im eating eggs and wheat toast turkey bacon different kinds of rice and black beans, i havent had beef in about two weeks so its mostly chicken breasts and turkey breast. i eat a bunch of different fruits and some vegetable like corn and green peppers. ive been trying to cut out a lot of sugar from drinks and soda. ive started taking a NO supplement and a creating supplement as well as protein.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.58%

Definitely add some more meals through the day. What's your weight training look like?
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

beef is awesome. if you're concerned about body fat, just ditch the higher fat beef (ribeye, ground beef, etc) and stick with leaner cuts like top sirloin, london broil (the leanest cut of all).

as the above posters mentioned, add in a few more meals to regulate your metabolism better, throw in some fasted (AM) HIIT, and taper down your carbs after your workouts - so you're taking in less carbs closer to bed. hope that helps.
  6. keeper

For burning fat, interval training is the sure bet, but keep your caloric intake up there so you don't lose weight. Plyometrics added to your training routine would be helpful, too since football players need bursts of body mechanics, as well as endurance. Eat, eat, eat.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.17%

thanks for all the help guys. my weight training routine is i typically lift weights for and hour or so 3 times a week. ive been doing alot of bench, military press , core, and arm and shoulder work.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.58%

Definitely focus on big, compound lifts. I'm guessing your trying to get a spot as a lineman so try to stay explosive in the legs.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.68%

Your diet needs to improve. You need to spread out your meals more and eat smaller portions. They have workout plans and nutrition advice at vastmuscle.com. Thats what a friend of mine used and he got in great shape so I figured I would try it this summer.

Similar Forum Threads

1. D1 football player
    By got2bgreat93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 03:08 PM
  2. 18 year old football player
    By datplaya in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-13-2009, 10:15 PM
  3. Younger Football Player Need Help Please Look
    By chsfootball95 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24