Simple Questions

Davidlee

How many grams of sugars should i take in daily?
How much salt is okay?
How about steak marinade? What do you use?
How many saturated fats a day?

Hard2Gain

Awards
Not sure of all the specifics here but keep in mind that the human body only needs 500mg of sodium / day! as an example here, a 32oz bottle of Gatorade has 110mg/serving and there are 4 servings in a bottle. That makes a total of 440mgs right there and I know I can down a bottle just during one workout. That means I only have 60mg to play with for the rest of the day. Very hard to watch the sodium. I would that using that example that you may not want to use a standard marinade for your steak. you can always look for No-salt as an alternative.

Sorry, but I am not that good with nutrition. Hopefully someone else will jump in here and try to answer some of your questions for you a little better.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
If you're cutting (trimming body fat), I'd say 0 - 5g of sugar a day. But if you're doing a ketogenic diet, then you have carb-up days where the sugar has no limit.
But the general rule of thumb is, the less sugar the better.

When you're bulking, it's not restricted but in this case, I'd say the only time u want sugar is After a workout when your muscles rapidly absorb it. At other times, the probability of sugar to fat conversion can be high.

Hard2Gain already explained salt... sodium.

Saturated fats should be consumed conservatively. From your total fat consumption, let's say only 20% max should come from saturated fats.

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
you dont need sugar. you only need sucrose carbs post workout. like white bread. white potato, gatorade ect. so the easiest way to get in post workout nutrition is a 32 oz gatorade and 40g protein. besides that you dont need sugar to bulk. sodium is okay but no more than 600mg daily. when youre bulking you can use steak seasoning but it would go in as sodium. thats all it is, is pure sodium. saturated fats are best around workout time because they raise testosterone levels. but no more than 25-30g daily. i use lowery's steak seasoning. take in 3,000 clean calories a day and no more than cardio 2-3 days weekly. reps points.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Not sure of all the specifics here but keep in mind that the human body only needs 500mg of sodium / day! as an example here, a 32oz bottle of Gatorade has 110mg/serving and there are 4 servings in a bottle. That makes a total of 440mgs right there and I know I can down a bottle just during one workout. That means I only have 60mg to play with for the rest of the day. Very hard to watch the sodium. I would that using that example that you may not want to use a standard marinade for your steak. you can always look for No-salt as an alternative.

Sorry, but I am not that good with nutrition. Hopefully someone else will jump in here and try to answer some of your questions for you a little better.
Recommended Daily Allowances suggests based on a 2,000 kcal diet the daily needs of sodium is 2,400mg and 20g of saturated fat. This data has been evaluated from countless research studies. You do know how sodium is used in the body, right?

To the OP: More than likely you are consuming plenty of sodium and this should be one of least of your concerns as long as your intake is sufficient. Marinade is all personal preference. Red blood cells and neurons can only undergo glycolysis for their energy needs. This means that they can only function on glucose and can utilize up to 180g / day. This 180g does not necessarily have to come directly from sugars, but can come from any source of carbohydrate since the end product is glucose in one way or another or by gluconeogenesis.