10 eggs a day?

S

slayer57

Awards
What are your opinions on eating 8 to 10 eggs a day while trying to bulk?
Good idea or bad idea, I can afford it due to me getting an easy ass job with good pay next week.

I have various ways to eat them so I won't get bored for awhile :D

G

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
If you don't mind eating that many eggs, and you don't have an cholesterol issues, then go for it. I don't like eggs too much, so I wouldn't torture myself over 60 grams of protein everyday.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
What are your opinions on eating 8 to 10 eggs a day while trying to bulk?
Good idea or bad idea, I can afford it due to me getting an easy ass job with good pay next week.

I have various ways to eat them so I won't get bored for awhile :D
8 to 10 boiled eggs may be a lot to swallow. If you do not have cholesterol problems now, you may in the future. If I was you just eat 2 to 4 full eggs and with the remainder just eat the egg whites.

I eat 6 eggs every morning. 2 full and 4 with only the white. You should be getting plenty of other healthy fats through the day.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
I have 5-6 whole eggs a day and I couldn't possibly stomach more...If you can, good! I don't believe eating whole eggs/dietary cholesterol is the evil it has been portrayed as..I've been doing it for years, always have excellent blood test results as does much of my mom's side of the family. I'd say if you don't have existing cholesterol problems or a family history, go for it.

X

xink

Awards
  • Established
I used to hate eating whole eggs until I started covering them with hot-sauce!

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I mix and match...hardboiled, scrambled, throw them raw in a shake...whole eggs, egg whites, everything. The cholesterol and fat is good for you if your active

Doogsy123

Doogsy123

Awards
  • Established
Ive just started using liqid egg whites and put them in my shakes. Hell of alot easier and cheaper than buying eggs + you dont have to worry about potential cholesterol issues

S

slayer57

Awards
Alright, Thanks all. I have TONS of ways to eat eggs, They will never get old.
(week later i'm already sick of eggs LOL)

I was going to turn to PH to get big but I'm getting a job soon and now I can afford a good amount of food to be bulking so i'm gonna stick to this =D

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
You wont have any cholesterol problems eating eggs, even 8-12 a day. I have at least 6 eggs almost everyday just cause I love them so much and I know many people who have done the same thing for years. My grandmother eats at least 3 every day and her cholesterol is great even at 85 years old. Eggs do not cause an increase in LDL they increase HDL which is good cholesterol so yes they will raise your cholesterol but they are raising good cholesterol not bad cholesterol. They are good for your heart dont listen to anyone who says otherwise.

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
You wont have any cholesterol problems eating eggs, even 8-12 a day. I have at least 6 eggs almost everyday just cause I love them so much and I know many people who have done the same thing for years. My grandmother eats at least 3 every day and her cholesterol is great even at 85 years old. Eggs do not cause an increase in LDL they increase HDL which is good cholesterol so yes they will raise your cholesterol but they are raising good cholesterol not bad cholesterol. They are good for your heart dont listen to anyone who says otherwise.
Agreed. Only 1/3 of your cholesteral #'s come from diet.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
man i glad u know the real truth!!! all hail eggs!!!

it is a great idea!! 5 when i wake up and how ever many i want to eat, one time i ate like 26 in a day, and 5 berfo i sleep or when ever i need a quick 5 eggs down the hatch i eat em raw and cookd

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
man i glad u know the real truth!!! all hail eggs!!!

it is a great idea!! 5 when i wake up and how ever many i want to eat, one time i ate like 26 in a day, and 5 berfo i sleep or when ever i need a quick 5 eggs down the hatch i eat em raw and cookd

Hell yeah!! My girl was like I bet you wont drink these raw eggs, and down the hatch I went, then she offered to cook me some so she wouldnt get sick watching me eat them that way, lol. I prefer mine scrambled with a little whole milk mixed in with it, it gives a nice flavor to it then just a little pepper on top no salt since its already got enough sodium. But yeah most of your cholesterol is made from your liver not gained by eating food with cholesterol in it. Triglycerides are the real culprit for heart issues that and a sedentary lifestyle. Your heart is a muscle, use it or lose it.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
thank you!!!! its about time I find some men who aren't scared to egg whole eggs, I thought I was the only one lol...

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
Exactly and to take it a step further there is actually good and bad LDL particles. You can have high LDL and still not be at risk if they are the fluffy kind. LDL actually does good things in the body when not oxidized.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Ive been thinking about how the cavemen ate, and trying to relate that to all the propaganda' surrounding certain diets and foods we question today :think:

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Eggs = great protein. Spread them out with your meals and you're good to go. The yolks taste good but can put on fat on your body if you eat too much of them. I'd be more concerned about the fat gain than the cholesterol issue with egg yolks.

If you want to save some money, buy some egg beaters or whatever liquid egg white brand you'd like plus whole eggs so you can mix and match.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
Eggs = great protein. Spread them out with your meals and you're good to go. The yolks taste good but can put on fat on your body if you eat too much of them. I'd be more concerned about the fat gain than the cholesterol issue with egg yolks.
That depends on your diet. Fat makes you fat is kind of old school. Insulin makes fat and carbohydrates release insulin primarily, so depending on your diet, egg yolks could be a concern, but then again so could the whites if the diet is off.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
That depends on your diet. Fat makes you fat is kind of old school. Insulin makes fat and carbohydrates release insulin primarily, so depending on your diet, egg yolks could be a concern, but then again so could the whites if the diet is off.
:goodpost:

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, carbs+calories make you fat. You need to consume enough fat if you want to lose fat.

G

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
Ive been thinking about how the cavemen ate, and trying to relate that to all the propaganda' surrounding certain diets and foods we question today :think:
Cavemen also didn't often live past 30, so they might not be the best model.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
This is said to be because of lack of medicine and environmental dangers, not dietary diseases like heart disease and diabetes. I am sure cavemen would of lived a lot longer had they had hospitals and not having to be attacked by saber tooth tigers in their sleep.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
That is the AVERAGE life span, sure. But you know that average is severely impacted by all the babies that died in the delivery process. They had no technology or medicine for this so that's going to drag the average life span down, I bet the healthy adults made it a good deal past 30.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Go listen to some superhuman radio shows in the archive about the paleolithic diet, there is plenty of great info there if you're interested in that. superhumanradio.com

M

Mad Mulhollen

Awards
eat 5 whole an 5 white,good for bulking an its more protein in the am when you need it the most

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
the only main source of carbs I get in is oats. why is everyone relating eggs to bulking? what about cutting too? Im confused, I always thought they're great for everything, just a general diet

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
the only main source of carbs I get in is oats. why is everyone relating eggs to bulking? what about cutting too? Im confused, I always thought they're great for everything, just a general diet
I'm with ya man I have eggs regardless of cut or bulk. Whole eggs on a cut isn't as big of a deal as some people make it out to be, I've done it with success more than once. People waste a sh*t ton of yolks...

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
They are good for everything, I use them for bulking, cutting, and anything in between. High in protein and fat low in carbs and raises testosterone.

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would suggest if you're gonna eat that many eggs a day,at least eat a "higher end" egg.

I eat my share,and I buy Eggland's Best brand.

Nutritional Facts

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
I get free-range eggs from the local farmers. They taste much better and have more nutrients. The only bad thing is that they cost twice as much.

All hail the egg!