Speed vs Size
- 07-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Speed vs Size
So I'm 5 ft. 11 in. and weigh 220 lbs. and play football. My 40 yard dash is currently 5.3 but at my position it needs to get quite a bit faster. Now my strength and size is important to me as I still need to deal with offensive lineman, but I'm wondering what's the best way to add speed without taking too big of a hit in the strength and size department
- 07-08-2009, 12:44 AM
well i don't play... but i'm thinking the most scientifically logical thing would be to reduce bodyfat overall ("useless" mass), and then focus on lower body muscle gain.
- 07-08-2009, 01:48 AM
07-14-2009, 11:55 PM
PLYOMETRICS!!! I have a friend who is a current (8 time) world champ powerlifter and personal trainer. He works with lots of high school athletes and plyometrics are the base of his program. Every day for an hour to an hour and a half. Sprints through a traffic cone course is another little basic trick that he uses. Moves that focus on bursts of energy, rather than steady, prolonged endurance are most helpful in your goal to become quicker.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Stigerman in forum BulkingReplies: 7Last Post: 01-06-2010, 07:12 PM
- By emdogg in forum Weight LossReplies: 6Last Post: 07-09-2009, 01:56 AM
- By istal in forum BulkingReplies: 12Last Post: 12-22-2008, 10:07 AM
- By pdx89 in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 07-04-2008, 04:25 PM
- By Jim Mills in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 3Last Post: 05-07-2008, 01:06 PM