I need help with this bulking cycle...

supra888

supra888

Awards
hey guys ,

i'm looking for some solid advice on how to proceed with a bulking cycle that i started 3 weeks ago...

i taking in 4000 cals with macros @ approx 40 % carbs/40 %protein/ 20 % fat.
diet is made up of 3 high protein solid meals and 3 cytogain shakes ( 600 cals each ).
i'm training heavy 3 days a week mon,wed,fri for approx 1 hr including 10 mins of cardio.

muscle mass is steadily increasing but body fat is increasing at a faster rate,my problem is that my b.f was about 20% when i began and i'm not sure whether or not i should lower my calories or in crease my cardio to try to slow the fat gain...or just forget about bulking until i get my b.f down to a respectable %...:sad3:

i should mention that i am on week 2 of a trenadrol cycle ..

any constructive feed back would be much appreciated .. thanks in advance.

mauibuilt

Awards
  • Established
to be honest...if your at 20%, you should consider recomping as ideally you'd want to be lower teens bf% before a bulk unless you need to gain for for sports, etc.

if you insist to keep bulking, drop the cytogainer, replace with a low fat protein supplement and get the extra carb cals with complex carbs as the cytogainer is probably whats putting the fat on as the carbs in cytogainer is storing as fat.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Increase the cardio with a modest reduction in calories (~200).

supra888

supra888

Awards
THANKS..

to be honest...if your at 20%, you should consider recomping as ideally you'd want to be lower teens bf% before a bulk unless you need to gain for for sports, etc.

if you insist to keep bulking, drop the cytogainer, replace with a low fat protein supplement and get the extra carb cals with complex carbs as the cytogainer is probably whats putting the fat on as the carbs in cytogainer is storing as fat.
THANKS FOR THE FEED BACK... TO BE HONEST I CHOSE THE CYTOGAINER BECAUSE IT SEEMED TO BR A GOOD MEAL REPLACEMENT ....IT SAYS THAT IT CONTAINS 79 GRAMS OF COMPLEX CARBS AND PRETTY MUCH NO SUGAR..

DO YOU STILL THINK I SHOULD DROP IT OR JUST DROP ONE OF THE FOUR SCOOPS WHICH MAKE UP A SERVING AND REPLACE IT WITH A SCOOP OF WHEY...?

mauibuilt

Awards
  • Established
it says complex carbs, but many will argue that its just filled with maltodextrin, which turns to glucose.

emdogg

Awards
it says complex carbs, but many will argue that its just filled with maltodextrin, which turns to glucose.

Well put
you really need to read the ingredients to determine exactly what you're getting

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A tad off base since every source of carbs eventually turns to glucose. What he should have said is that maltodextrin is a high GI carb that, unless you've just finished training, will likely lead to fat accumulation when taken. Unless you're highly active (e.g. train 2-3x/day) or an ectomorph, there really isn't a reason to take it.