need some advice .. trying to get to 200

iceplaya18

Yoo I need some help on bulking up because I wanna reach 200 lbs or more but that's my goal.I'm 20 years old and I been liftin for about 2years now . I started out at 6'3 154 lbs and now I'm at 6'4 187 lbs and it seems I have leveled out at that weight for awhile now. My workout plan is monday-chest&bis&abs tuesday-rest wednesdy-back&tris thursday-legs&abs friday-shoulders.
I play basketball like 3days a week for my cardio. I think I just need a diet plan or somethin because I'm eatin every 3hours but its just whatever I feel like eating lol. I get a protein shake when I wake up, before workout, after workout, and before I sleep. So yeah just need some advice on what to do to bulk up because I'm stuck haha. Thanks.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
If that's you in your avitar... it looks like you probably could stand to increase your calories significantly without gaining much fat (if any)...

Protein shake is kind of vague - what are you putting in there?

What are you eating the rest of the day?

I'd add in a good amount of clean carbohydrates (oatmeal, wheat bread, wheat wraps, sweet potatoes), and lean meats... along with some healthy fats (cheese, eggs, olive oil, nuts)...

For you, I'd suggest adding in an additional 500 to 700 calories a day - see how that works... and adjust as needed.

Also, are you doing compound lifts like deadlifts and squats? They are excellent for athleticism / adding mass / natural testosterone boost.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Like Timber said, compound lifts will help you significantly with muscle hypertrophy. Deadlifts, Squats, Clean and Press, Pull Ups, Chin Ups, Rows Bench, etc will do you some real good.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
More calories and heavy compound lifting. Eat like there's no tomorrow until you feel you are putting on too much blub, then cut back to an acceptable intake. You look pretty ripped up in your avatar, so I think you could stand to pound down some eats.

Have you tried any weight gainer products?

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
At 6'4, 187 and you look to be around 7-8% You have plenty of room to spare. s stated above, increase cals, which will be difficult at first because your body is not used to it. i would suggest around 3600-4600 cals per day if you find that possible, as clean as possible, but dont be afraid of a double whopper here and there. Basketball is like the best cardio ever, but you may want to slow it down a bit, your gains will come a bit faster. Pay attention to your body, it knows best.

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
yeah, I meant more on that side anyhow, but he may need to work up to that.
yeah def...

Iceplaya, start at however many cals you take in now, and ramp it up every week by like 300 or 400 cals until you get to the desired range. safest way to aviod gaining unnessessary fat.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
yeah def...

Iceplaya, start at however many cals you take in now, and ramp it up every week by like 300 or 400 cals until you get to the desired range. safest way to aviod gaining unnessessary fat.
Without a doubt, thats the best way.:squareeyed: