bulking without the fat

musclejunkie

Awards
hey everyone,
since I've been on the site I've seen a lot of people fear fats. well first of all there are good fats and bad fats. good fats are polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats the bad fats are saturated and the worst is trans fat. we need the good fats in our diet they help aid in building muscle and are importing building blocks to our diet regimin.

so I thought I would make a thread for people to leave there favorite foods that have zero or very little trans fat. I came up with this while looking at the nutrition facts on my weight gainer this morning.

1. weight gainer by body tech ( x mass) 0 trans fat 0 sugar it is sweetened with splenda
2. a george foreman grill is a great way to melt the fat away on any meat source

jumpcannon

jumpcannon

Awards
i like eating bugs in the wild. ground grubs are a great source of protein and little fat. they get me pumped before i go out to the clubs!

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
i like eating bugs in the wild. ground grubs are a great source of protein and little fat.
I learned on man vs wild that pound for pound termites contain more protein than chicken!

healthy fats:
raw cashews, almonds
extra virgin olive oil
Mac nut oil

thats all u need to know

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
where's the nutrition in bugs.. I eat termites and white ants.
they have creatine in them I was told.

1g per termite
1.8g (0.4g bioavailable) per white ant

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I learned on man vs wild that pound for pound termites contain more protein than chicken!

healthy fats:
raw cashews, almonds
extra virgin olive oil
Mac nut oil

thats all u need to know
Where are you going to buy pounds of termites?

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
where's the nutrition in bugs.. I eat termites and white ants.
they have creatine in them I was told.

1g per termite
1.8g (0.4g bioavailable) per white ant
In australia you can find them in your garden - have to fight the spiny ant-eaters for them but . . .

. .back to fats: I eat a lot of nuts and seeds, especially almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds etc. Discovered some natty almond butter the other day that tasted devine :thumbsup:

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Is it that common to just go out and dig around to get your grub on? I've never been to australia BTW, would love to someday.

UKStrength

healthy fats:
raw cashews, almonds
extra virgin olive oil
Mac nut oil

thats all u need to know
I'd add in the following...

Fish Oil (or any omega-3 fatty acid source)
Virgin Coconut Oil
Conjugated Lipoic Acid (CLA)

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Eating some saturated fat is healthy, actually. But so many foods contain saturated fat that one doesn't particularly need to go about finding food that has a high concentration of saturated fat, many people get enough on a daily basis.

Avocado is a yummy source of healthy fats! :)

vector18

vector18

Awards
What are the best time of day and/or amount to eat our healthy fats. I usually eat
a handful of unsalted raw almonds, plenty of avocado (my wife makes the best quacomole!), and I cook with coconut oil.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What are the best time of day and/or amount to eat our healthy fats. I usually eat
a handful of unsalted raw almonds, plenty of avocado (my wife makes the best quacomole!), and I cook with coconut oil.
I don't think it really matters. As long as you are getting enough spread throughout the day it seems like you would be fine. :)

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established

i like to start off with alot of fat, then taper it down tas i get closer to my workout time, then after my shake ill taper it back up again. just my .02

the reason is because i want the carbs to digest faster before/after workout and the fat will slow down the process.

vector18

vector18

Awards
That makes sense also, if your eating fast carbs, than they will digest
the fat too quickly and you will store it as fat. If you eat the fat with
slow digesting items, it will be a constant long time lasting of energy.
Thanks!

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
That makes sense also, if your eating fast carbs, than they will digest
the fat too quickly and you will store it as fat.

thats not exactly true..

ur eating fast digesting carbs because you want them to absorb quickly, the fat will slow down this process, but the carbs do not impact the fat in the same manner. At least that it my understanding.

If you eat the fat with
slow digesting items, it will be a constant long time lasting of energy.
Thanks!

but your right about the last part.