Diet critique for summahtimeeee bulk

tws1

Hey guys so I'm technically first and foremost a runner, (two marathons in) but after last fall's I've decided to take a break from it all for a couple years and let the joints recover.
I lifted all through high school on the swim team and last year as a freshman in college spent 4 days a week in the gym. I am an ectomorph all the way through (6'1" at 19 years old and 151 pounds, bodyfat around 6%). Since getting home with some good nutrition I have started up a serious bulk, was hoping you all could help with some advice and/or criticism...

Meal 1: half of this Shake upon waking other half an hour later (this is the best tasting shake ive ever had.)
2 scoops Cytogainer vanilla,
2 tbl natty PB,
1/2 cup oats,
1 tbs EVOO
1 cup Ice
1 banana
Calories: 890
Fats: 40.5g
Carbs: 86g
Protein: 51g

Meal 2: 3 eggs, glass of OJ
Calories: 210
Fat: 13.5
Carbs: 3g
Protein: 18g

Meal 3: Tuna Fish or Chicken, Salad
Calories:70 or 120
Fat: 1g
Carbs: 0g
Protein: 16g or 24g

Meal 4: Dinner... Definitely varies but always has some semblance of either steak, salmon, chicken, or turkey. Along with salad, potato, and usually pasta, with 4-5 cups of milk
To avg it i would say around 800-1000 calories.. idk exactly any help would be amazing.

Meal 5: shake (2 hours after dinner)
2 scoops Cytogainer vanilla,
2 tbl natty PB,
1/2 cup oats,
1 tbs EVOO
1 cup Ice
1 banana
Calories: 890
Fats: 40.5g
Carbs: 86g
Protein: 51g

Meal 6: Casein intake directly before bed.
1 scoop of peanut butter chocolate
1 cup of milk
1 tbs EVOO
Calories: 410
Fats: 28g
Carbs: 18g
Protein: 26g

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Your totals for the day looks ok, I would divide them up more evenly. I calculated 3500 cals. 128g fat, 170 g of protein, and 193 g of carbs, minus what your dinner is. I calculated 1000 cals for dinner, just didn't calculate any macros for it. Your shakes look good too. I might disperse some of those cals into meals 2 and 3. I might take half of the cals from the evening shake, and add the whole food equivalent to meals 2 and 3. You could drop 2-3 cups of milk from dinner and add them into those meals also. Also add in some green veggies throughout the day for fiber and extra nutrients.

To be honest, this has got to be the most reasonable and thought out "bulking" meal plan for someone your size. Most people go off the deep end drinking a pound of store bought weight gainers a day. The more calories you get from whole food the better. Your supplement shakes look very good because they are made of mostly real food. Kudos to you.
Keep track of your weight gain, you don't want more than 2, maybe 3 pounds at most a week right now. As tall and lean as you are, you might be able to get away with 3 lbs/week. If BF gets out of hand, scale back cals 200-300, or add a bit of cardio, not a lot, just a bit. If weight doesn't go anywhere with 3500 for a week or 2, then add 200-300 cals a day. if you make small incremental increases or decreases in cals each day, you can adjust progress accordingly.

Feel free to post up workout plans also.

You are on the right track.

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
too many cals, from shakes not enough from whole foods. most of ur protein is coming from the shakes and it should be coming from food.

if ur and endomorph you need alottt of cals. aim for 2.0g of protein per lb bodyweight as a start, 3.0g of carbs per lb body weight and 120 grams of fat (healthy fats) spread over 6 meals. if ur gainin more than 1 -2 lbs a week drop the carbs a little if not up them a little. Keep it simple.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
He's an ectomorph. 6'1 151 pounds, 6% BF

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
oh woops thats what i meant not endo... my bad.

tws1

aiight thanks i thought had made shakes a small enough portion of the diet but ill switch one of them out for another meal

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
The shakes themselves are fine, just tweak them. If 3500 calories is what you need right now, and you eat 6 meals, that's 583 cals per meal. Try to keep them consistant throughout the day. You are going 890 cals, 200, 120, 1000,890, and 410. Now y ou wrote you dfrink half of morning shake, then the other half an hour later. That's fine, that's basically 2 meals. like I said, cut the meal 5 shake in half, and add back in the calories into meals 2 &3.

tws1

cool thats easy enough. Thanks for the advice guys its a big help.