Good, okay or needs work?

1. Good, okay or needs work?

I used to visit this site. I weighed 225 pounds and was a fat body. I was able to cut down to 170 to 173lbs. Now, I've decided that I want to gain some of the weight back the correct way this time.

I'm about 4 weeks into my "bulking" routine.

Day 1: Chest
    --Incline, Decline, Flat, Flys, Pullover, Crossovers
    Day 2: Back
    --Pullups/assisted Pullups, Cable Rows, T-bar Rows, dumbbell rows, lat pulldowns, stiff-legged deadlifts
    Day 3: Arms
    --Barbell curls, dumbbell curls, hammer curls, preacher curls, v-bar pressdown, skullcrushers, Dips
    Day 4: Off
    Day 5: Shoulders
    --Overhead press, arnold press, lat raises, upright rows, rev pec deck flyes, shrugs
    Day 6: Legs
    --Leg press, Hack Squat, Deep Squats, leg ext, leg curls, calf raises, hip add/abductor, lunges
    Day : Off

I usually pick 4-5 exercises and do 6-10 reps. I'm concerned about size, but more concerned with overall strength. I include some sort of core work and stretching during every workout. I am also doing some light cardio 2-3 times a week.

Diet:
    2700+ calories a day(current weight is 184).
    250+ grams of protein
    250ish grams of carbs
    Less than 90 grams of fat

Supplements:
    NO Explode
    Whey Protein
    L-Glutamine
    Cellmass

So, thoughts on what I'm doing? Improvements, comments, and suggestions welcome.

2. At 170 lbs you don't need that much protein. 140-170 grams is plenty sufficient. 250g will put a lot of strain on you kidneys and if you dont drink enough water = kidney stones. NO xplode and cellmass are both creatine products (even though NO xplode is marked as nitric oxide). I would cut one of those out and just add a little red meat to the diet. That should be more than enough creatine. As far as the workout -> During your leg workout, I would place your deep squats first and add another calf exercise. Leg press, hack squat, and deep squat are all lower body pushes. I would get rid of one of those and add something like a single leg Romanian dead lifts. For size on your arms I would add another tricep as the tricep is more important to the size of the arm than the bicep. For chest are you just doing flyes at different angles??? I would definitely be adding some presses there.

3. Thanks for the reply. I vary my routine often. My last leg workout was:

Leg Press
    Leg Curl
    Horizontal Seated Calf Raise
    Deep Squat
    Standing Calf Raise
    Lunges

Yes, upper, mid and lower flies. What other exercises would you suggest for chest?
    •   

4. A little off topic but how do you like the NO explode?

5. It is okay. I think I'm going to try SuperPump 250 next. I just don't get much boost from the NO. Others have, but it just doesn't do a whole lot for me.

6. Ok thanks for input!

7. 2700 cals seems a tad low for you. I estimated your BMR to be about 1850 (with 10-14% bf) and with your activity level you might be expending about 3050 daily. I would adjust your calorie intake from that.

8. I measured my BF% today at the gym using one of those machines you grip. The number was 16%. Does that help?

9. Yeah, it changes it a little bit. Your total daily calorie expenditure is roughly 2900 instead of the 3050 I estimated earlier.

10. i would scrap 3 types of flyes for chest and do some presses. flyes and cable crossovers aren't really mass builders. do DB presses instead, incline, flat, dips, and incline flyes. 3 sets of 6-10, pyramiding weight up. done.

Similar Forum Threads

1. what would be a good food to take to work?
    By marcink99 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 10:51 AM
  2. Router, that work good with PS3
    By DerickVonD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 12:51 AM
  3. How good did the old Activate work?
    By WesleyAlpha in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 03:36 PM
  4. need a good 3 day work out