I don't get it??

Doubravkody

Awards
I dont get how I weigh 135, and kids weighing 120 are doing more weight than I am in the gym...

I'm very fit, it doesnt look like there can be much room for improvement wihout gaining weight but there must be if these guys are doing more weight...

I dont get how they do it :X

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
oh, man do not worry about that. there is so much that goes into that. what is your goal, strength, looking good for the ladies, speed? the only thing that lifting heavy ass weight is good for, when done with good form is mass. if that's your goal then you too will have to lift heavy. get form correct first, then start adding weight, every week if you can, 5 or 10 lbs. get plenty of sleep and eat right, all those things factor in to how you do in the gym.

Doubravkody

Awards
I get plenty of sleep, and I am doing the 5x5 program
I like it so far, on my third week, but I noticed I can only up the weight on the first two exercises I do, the ones after that I can not add, if anything I have to decrease...

is that normal?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
I get plenty of sleep, and I am doing the 5x5 program
I like it so far, on my third week, but I noticed I can only up the weight on the first two exercises I do, the ones after that I can not add, if anything I have to decrease...

is that normal?
no. sounds like you're missing a preworkout shake. try 25g protein, 50g carbs, then repeat this for post workout. 5x5 should get your strength up very quick - if its not, your diet is to blame.

as an ex 126 pound ecto, i'll tell you that diet is everything. just keep at it, and good things will come.

Doubravkody

Awards
I'll try that today, I know diet is the key, I just keep going in phases of where I eat alot, then next week I dont... I have to buy most of my food, and its hard because I got alot of bills, and my parents always need to borrow money, but those are excuses I know, I just gotta suck it up and eat everything...

I hope the shake works today, think it will, and right after I workout I go right to work, how much postworkout meal should I eat?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
I'll try that today, I know diet is the key, I just keep going in phases of where I eat alot, then next week I dont... I have to buy most of my food, and its hard because I got alot of bills, and my parents always need to borrow money, but those are excuses I know, I just gotta suck it up and eat everything...

I hope the shake works today, think it will, and right after I workout I go right to work, how much postworkout meal should I eat?
if you're going right back to work, i'd just shake my postworkout. you can try buying your food in bulk, or search for sales and stock up. usually, that's how i do it - just go to the store to buy my stuff, and when i find things at a great deal (sirloin at 2.99, etc) i'll buy 10 pounds and throw it in the freezer. anyways, good luck man.

Doubravkody

Awards
so I'll shake before and after workout....
thanks man hope it helps me

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Don't get discouraged. I'm 135 (give or take) and can out lift many a person at my gym. Threw up 95lb dumbells on incline the other day for a full set (100pounders seemed realistic as well. not bragging, only encouraging). Vary your exercises. Working with heavy weight for 4-6 reps then stripping weight 50% and doing 4-6 more reps worked for me for strength.

Doubravkody

Awards
Wow, thanks for the advice, I think its really helping me, heres how I've gove up in the last 3 weeks...

calf raises- 200,225,235
military press- 110,110,115
close grip bench- 115,125,135
chin ups- x8,x9,x9
concentrate curls- 30,35,40
reverse mil press- 105,100
incline db bench- 55,60
leg curls-140,140
db lunges- 35,40
barbell pullups- x5,x6
lat pulldown-170,170
dips-plus 35,plus 40
lying leg curls-110,110
squats- 145,155
barbell shrugs-185,190
ez curls-135,135,135
bench press-135,140
front db raises-20,20,25
tricep pull down-105,105x7,105x8
bent rowes-92,92,102

A few of them I havent done three with yet, gotta finish out the week, but the second and third ones are the ones where I take a shake like the one suggested above, and I felt stronger the third time round...thanks for the help I love the 5x5 program so far...

and when will I hit a plateau?
I mean what are reasonable hits for bench press,reverse mil press,military press,dips,pullups,and every thing else by the end of 12 weeks?

Any one have any ideas on what they think I will stop at???

Thanks! :)

musclejunkie

Awards
great job on those improvements in only 3 weeks its inspired me to start eating BIG pre and post workout. good luck and keep it up!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
nice. plateau is on an individual level - some people will plateau before you do, some after. just keep at it, keep a positive outlook, and when it does happen, switch your routine up.

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Grats. Very nice numbers bro. Get that bench up though!

Doubravkody

Awards
my numbers are not near at what I want them to be :X

by the end of 12 weeks, I want my

Bench- 170 (that realistic?)

chinups-x15

Squat-200

close grip bench-160

reverse mil- 115

Military press- 135

those are the main ones I care about...
My weight varies each week between 130-135, very very hard for me to gain weight...
if I stayed around the weight I am now, are those goals possible ya think?

Doubravkody

Awards
each goal would be using the 5x5 program on each number still..not just one rep max

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
All those numbers are very possible at your weight. I can rep 170 pounds on bench easily, and mind you I only have a couple pounds on you. I'd replace normal chinups with weighted ones. Throw some weighted dips in there somewhere too. I strap a plate on with pullups and a 110 pound dumbell with dips, and I've done 3 plates on dips. If I can get those numbers a lot is possible for you.

Doubravkody

Awards
how do you do it chubmuffin?
I mean I look pretty fit, but I dont put up the weight that I look like that I can do...
if me an you are around the same weight and your doing wayy more weight than me..wuts your secret? haha

what supps do you take?, whats your diet like?
are you trying to gain weight or stay?
and I do do weighted dips, up to only 40 pounds tho ;p
and my chinups I'm going to keep free, its the one thing I want to be able to do more reps on...

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Training wise I do so many different things. Stuff like drop sets, stripping weight, time under tension, explosive concentric contractions with slow eccentrics, going to failure, strength sets, hypertrophy sets... you just gotta switch it up all the time.

I'm trying to gain but it's not working as I just can't eat enough. I keep my eating healthy though. Chicken, bison, beef, rice, pasta, fruits, veggies, etc.

I keep my chinups/pullups free a lot of the time too, just make sure you get a great squeeze and hold at the top and control your descent.

Doubravkody

Awards
I cabt do that amspace thing, i cant find where to upload haha, maybe I'm just tired i dunno

heres my myspace tho if you have one
www.myspace.com/kodydlivesinacraptown

And I'd really like to know more on one of your routines, maybe you can give me one after my twelve weeks are up??

I want the strength, and yo and me seem to be roughly around the same size, only your alot stronger, so maybe your routines will help me?

and suncloud, thanks again for the shake idea, I do roughyl round 25g-50g like you said for my shakes, and that hit the SPOT, I feel pumped after each exercise, not weaker and weaker :)

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
and suncloud, thanks again for the shake idea, I do roughyl round 25g-50g like you said for my shakes, and that hit the SPOT, I feel pumped after each exercise, not weaker and weaker :)
nice. glad to help man :)

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Nice build man. I'll be glad to help you with a routine. I'm not a personal trainer for nothin'.

snowbro

snowbro

Awards
I dont think you have to worry about what other people are doin. I know people that are 30lbs bigger than me and i can max out the same bench. then some little punk will come over next to me that has to be at least 20lbs lighter than me do 20% more and it kind of makes me mad but everyones differnt. also they could workout more like a powerlifter and you lift more along the lines of a body builder