Diet to gain weight

yeabuddyy

Awards
Im 20 years old weighing around 192 im trying to get to at least 215 or 220. Id like to know what some diets are that u guys have done that works good for gaining weight...

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Are you wanting to gain lean weight or any kind of weight? Do you need to make weight for a sports event or team? What is you current diet now and how long have you been eating that way? What is your training like?

I know it seems like an easy question you asked, but what works for others might not be best for you. It's easier if everyone has more specifics about you, so they can give you better, more relevant and effective advice.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The easiest, and cheapest, thing to do is to increase your whole egg consumption by 4-6 per day.

yeabuddyy

Awards
well i dont want to gain shitty weight i want it to be good weight. i really dont have much of a strict diet but i try not to eat shitty. im not in any sports but i want to get bigger, a goal of mine is to compete in some bodybuilding competitions. I train 2 days on 1 day off 2 days on 1 day off then repeat. ive been lifting weight for a long time and i just want to get bigger it seems like im holding myself back from getting real big because i dont follow a strick diet with 6 meals a day

yeabuddyy

Awards
yea im kinda just trying to see what peoples meals are throughout the day

vector18

vector18

Awards
Without going scientific on you like some others might, IMO, to gain
lean weight muscle mass you basically have to eat more of what your
eating on a daily basis. Let's say for breakfast if your eating a cup of oats, a tsp of PB, and 3 eggs, than just eat 2 cups of oats, 2 tsp of PB, and 6 eggs.
You don't want to start eating cakes and cookies just to gain weight. Just
eat all the same good body building food but just eat more of it. And at
the gym, lift heavy most days and mix in some light high rep concentrated
days now and than.