Help Critiquing My Diet

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I have been struggling to with my mid section. The diet I am on definitely helped add size and strength, however, where are my abs? I train 5 to 6 days a week.

Breakfast

1 C Oats W/ honey and cinnamon
4 Egg Whites 2 Whole Eggs

Post-Workout

60G Dextrose
30G Protein
1 SCoop of CMI BIG

Lunch

1 Can Tuna W/ 1TB Miracle Whip and 1 TB of Relish
2 Slice Whole Wheat Bread
1 Apple or 1 Banana

Snack

2000MG Flax Oil
25G Protein Shake

Dinner

Chicken Breast cooked with Olive Oil
2 Cup Brown Rice
Asparagus or Broccoli

Dinner 2

Chicken Breast cooked with Olive Oil
1 Cup Brown Rice

Snack

2 TB Peanut Butter
2 Slice Whole Wheat Bread

Before Bed

1 Cup of 1% Cottage Cheese
2000 mg flax oil

I am thinking that my carb intake is to high for the last snack? I eat the sandwich around 1030 PM and go to sleep around 1 AM. I am thinking about opting the 2 slices of bread with carrots.

I stopped doing cardio because my legs where not growing. Since I stopped my legs have made good progress. I eat every two hours and drink 1 -1.5 G water daily.

Any ideas on adjusting my diet or routine to see visible abs?

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
your diet is not that bad. there are some adjustments that could be made there but they're small ones. how many carbs, if any, are in that cmi big post w/o drink? you can also switch the snacks you have there, the afternoon one move to the earlier slot and vice versa. the main thing that you are not doing is cardio, which you already mentioned and know of. why not do low to moderate intensity 2 or 3 days a week? getrid ofsome of that fat? i don't know what your maintence cals are off the top of my head, or how many cals the above diet has in it. do you have a break down?

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
your diet is not that bad. there are some adjustments that could be made there but they're small ones. how many carbs, if any, are in that cmi big post w/o drink? you can also switch the snacks you have there, the afternoon one move to the earlier slot and vice versa. the main thing that you are not doing is cardio, which you already mentioned and know of. why not do low to moderate intensity 2 or 3 days a week? getrid ofsome of that fat? i don't know what your maintence cals are off the top of my head, or how many cals the above diet has in it. do you have a break down?
I do not have exact numbers of my calorie intake. I have estimated about 2500 a day. I can switch my last snack with the protein shake and maybe do casein before bed instead of cottage cheese. Is it a good idea to take the flax oil with my shakes? And before bed? For the cardio, should I do it on non-workout days?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like you are trying to have your cake and eat it too. At the top, you said your diet helped put on size and strength. That should mean you are in a calorie surplus, which means the odds against burning off midsection fat are slim. And the cottage cheese has casein in it, it's fine before bed. Nail down how many calories you are eating, and what has your weight and/or bodycomposition done to change in last few weeks in regard to your diet?

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I do not have exact numbers of my calorie intake. I have estimated about 2500 a day. I can switch my last snack with the protein shake and maybe do casein before bed instead of cottage cheese. Is it a good idea to take the flax oil with my shakes? And before bed? For the cardio, should I do it on non-workout days?
holy crap that's a lot of questions in one post, lol. alright then, keep the cottage cheese at night, it's protein is casein. flax oil with shakes, won't hurt. cardio after you lift, no intensity, walking with periods of running/jogging, eliptical work of 20 to 30 minutes keep your HR at 60-70%max. on your off days, keep busy, grab your girl and go for a walk or something. theres silly crap you can do to like parking in the farest shot from stores you go to (my girl hates this, muh hahaha) park far away from the entrance to the gym, don't take elevators etc.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
holy crap that's a lot of questions in one post, lol. alright then, keep the cottage cheese at night, it's protein is casein. flax oil with shakes, won't hurt. cardio after you lift, no intensity, walking with periods of running/jogging, eliptical work of 20 to 30 minutes keep your HR at 60-70%max. on your off days, keep busy, grab your girl and go for a walk or something. theres silly crap you can do to like parking in the farest shot from stores you go to (my girl hates this, muh hahaha) park far away from the entrance to the gym, don't take elevators etc.
Why do you recommend the walking with periods of running? Does this minimize burning off the muscle?