Critique my proposed Epi bulk diet...

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
What's up guys, I am going to run epi in about a month here and wanted to get my diet dialed in in advance. I am 6'2", currently 197lbs., and around 12% bf(guess). My goal for the cycle is lean bulk/recomp. Cycle will be 20/30/30/40 and it's my first cycle
I plan on eating the same thing every day to make it really routine, with the exception of sundays which will probly involve pizza :lick:

Meal 1: 2 cups oatmeal and 5 whole eggs
Meal 2: Shake, 2 scoops ATW whey blend, 2 tbs naturally more in 2 cups whole milk
Meal 3: 8 oz chicken breast & 1/2 cup brown rice w/ avocado & broccoli
Meal 4: 1/2 lb. ground beef w/ 2 slices provolone cheese & almonds(unsalted)
Meal 5: 6 eggs w/ 1-2 servings shredded cheese
Meal 6: 2 scoops Dymatize 12hr

*On workout days(5 days/wk) also PWO shake with 20g pro and dextrose
Thoughts??

UKStrength

What's up guys, I am going to run epi in about a month here and wanted to get my diet dialed in in advance. I am 6'2", currently 197lbs., and around 12% bf(guess). My goal for the cycle is lean bulk/recomp. Cycle will be 20/30/30/40 and it's my first cycle
I plan on eating the same thing every day to make it really routine, with the exception of sundays which will probly involve pizza :lick:

Meal 1: 2 cups oatmeal and 5 whole eggs
Meal 2: Shake, 2 scoops ATW whey blend, 2 tbs naturally more in 2 cups whole milk
Meal 3: 8 oz chicken breast & 1/2 cup brown rice w/ avocado & broccoli
Meal 4: 1/2 lb. ground beef w/ 2 slices provolone cheese & almonds(unsalted)
Meal 5: 6 eggs w/ 1-2 servings shredded cheese
Meal 6: 2 scoops Dymatize 12hr

*On workout days(5 days/wk) also PWO shake with 20g pro and dextrose
Thoughts??
Sorry for the late reply mate, only just spotted this thread now..

The diet seems ok, you could do with a few more vegetables/fruits (maybe throw them in with the final beef, cheese and almonds meal?) or is the diet deliberately quite low in carbohydrates?

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
I wanted to keep it lower carb, i think i will add some fruit w/ my breakfast and something like green beans w/ the ground beef/cheese meal. I'm just trying to keep carbs real low after mid/late afternoon
thanks for the feedback!

UKStrength

I wanted to keep it lower carb, i think i will add some fruit w/ my breakfast and something like green beans w/ the ground beef/cheese meal. I'm just trying to keep carbs real low after mid/late afternoon
thanks for the feedback!
No worries mate.

That's similar to what I do, I avoid starchy-vegetables and grains other than first thing in the morning and around training, concentrating on protein, fats and low-sugar fruits/green leafy vegetables at other meals.

Seems to work well for me and can be tailored to a cut or bulk easily.

UKhardgainer

UKhardgainer

Awards
Yeah looks ok dude, the only thing I will say tho is it might be an idea to swap the chicken & beef around on some days. You will get sick to the sight off chicken and beef by week 2 if you have it everyday of the week lol

Just a thought but may be throw in some oily fish like mackerel one day instead of chicken. Tuna is good too, and both fish are high in omega thingy's and protein. You can get these tinned to save time and washing up :)

Saying that tho when I done my first bulk nearly every meal consisted of a chicken breast lol. Or tho I did try various recipes and marinades eventually to mix it up a bit :)

Oh and another thing just keep an eye on body fat while you are on epi. My first cycle was for recomp too and even with lowering my calories I noticed some fatty bulk appearing as well as new muscle??

Good Luck

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Yeah looks ok dude, the only thing I will say tho is it might be an idea to swap the chicken & beef around on some days. You will get sick to the sight off chicken and beef by week 2 if you have it everyday of the week lol

Just a thought but may be throw in some oily fish like mackerel one day instead of chicken. Tuna is good too, and both fish are high in omega thingy's and protein. You can get these tinned to save time and washing up :)

Saying that tho when I done my first bulk nearly every meal consisted of a chicken breast lol. Or tho I did try various recipes and marinades eventually to mix it up a bit :)

Oh and another thing just keep an eye on body fat while you are on epi. My first cycle was for recomp too and even with lowering my calories I noticed some fatty bulk appearing as well as new muscle??

Good Luck
Thanks for the feedback and yes I will have to switch things up now and then I know I'm gonna get sick of it...
Ahhh i hope i don't put on much fat but ill notice it if its there lol