steam room?

mytime09

mytime09

Awards
My gym has a steam room(sauna too but i use the steam room) and i love going in there to sweat out some of the bs thats in my system. I am trying to bulk though and was not sure if this is ok to do. I usually go in for about 5-7 minutes after a workout to just sweat a little more. Is this ok for bulking or should i avoid it?

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
I would think it was ok. You are just losing water weight when you go into a steam room. You can gain that right back by hooking your mouth up to a faucet. I say go for it!

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
the best use of a steam room or sauna is when your sore, have a strained muscle or the like. warm up your body for 10 minutes then apply ice to to the affected area

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Won't really affect bulking it's only water weight that can easily be put back on

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
doesnt make a difference at all

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I prefer the sauna, it allows toxins to flow freely out of your pores. Must faster than the steam room. A few days in the sauna and you really do feel cleaner, and more energized. I want to buy a far infrared sauna when i buy my new house.

But anyway, it will not hinder any goals whatsoever. Hell, will give you more energy to expell in the gym.

Adams

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Wont have any effect on the bulking process at all. Just be weary if you walk into a steam room and there are stadium style seating and a bunch of old men dressed like ancient Greeks.