Bed time Protien Shake

shotdead42

Awards
Wats a good Bedtime protien shake for bulking?

i know casein is good, i was thinking about

-Syntrax Matrix
-muscle milk by cytosport
-ON casein

wut u guys think?

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
syntrax I've tried. I don't know if it made a difference and I've even read a review saying its not packed with enough casein. Any protein powder that is soley casein is gonna cost a bit more...except of coarse allthewhey. I think its 23$ without shipping. I ordered some recently because its cheap and it would seem like buying a purely casein protein would leave no doubt as to what its supposed to be doing for you. And I have yet to find anything less expensive.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ON's 100% Casein uses only Micellar Casein, which makes it my pre-bed protein of choice. If funds are tight, eat 4-6 whole eggs along with some lean meat or cottage cheese.

shotdead42

Awards
i just got some cottage cheese, and crackers wooo. ima use that ands some eggs cause casein is actually really expensive to buy..

thanks guys!

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
add a tbsp or two of natty pb

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
when the funds permit, bsn's syntha-6 is tough to beat. not cheap, but tastes great, and 6 time-released proteins blended into one.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
when the funds permit, bsn's syntha-6 is tough to beat. not cheap, but tastes great, and 6 time-released proteins blended into one.
Eh, based on the label, the protein is comprised of primarily whey and has too many carbs for my liking at night. Plus, it has corn syrup solids in it, which is far from ideal.

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Anything pre-bed in terms of shake should be slow releasing proteins.

Muscle milk is fine, another option would be cottage cheese.

Casein is excellent.

Canadianguy

Canadianguy

Awards
casien is good, cotage cheese as well.
but if ur like me and just buy whey, there are ways to slow the digestion of that easily.
i mix 2 scoops with milk in a shaker and eat 2 tbs of natty pb along with a couple fish oils.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I just bought SNI's Pure Protein, which is a hybrid of proteins. Caseins, whey, and soy for some quick acting and some longer acting blends. Muscle Milk has 300 calories per serving so I would assume that you will store alot of that as fat. One thing I like pre-bed is cottage cheese mixed with yogurt.

shotdead42

Awards
thanks guys, i'v bin eating cottage cheese and crackers, tast pretty good to me llol.
just got my Dymatized 12 hou, so ima take that as well.

just wanna ask, does it matter if i only ate it before i went to bed on the days i worked out?

i mean should i eat it everyday before i go to bed?
or it doesnt matter...

thanks.

Rah22491

Awards
ON i hard to beat when it comes to protein. Albeit they are a little expensive but why compromise on one of the most important staple sups. although i am spending a lil more money i know im giving my body the nutrients it needs

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys, i'v bin eating cottage cheese and crackers, tast pretty good to me llol.
just got my Dymatized 12 hou, so ima take that as well.

just wanna ask, does it matter if i only ate it before i went to bed on the days i worked out?

i mean should i eat it everyday before i go to bed?
or it doesnt matter...

thanks.
Here is the rational as to why we use prebed protein shakes. Your body regenerates hurt muscle, to bigger muscle, during sleep. It is a process called protein-synthesis. When we achieve deep sleep, defined as very high REM's, our body starts the rebuilding process. In a typical nights sleep we cant control when we hit our peak REM's, so it could be in the first hour of sleep or the 7th hour. If we have an abundance of protein in our system during sleep it will aid in protein-synthesis. If you dont have enough protein in your system your body will break down muscle. This is why we look to use a longer lasting protein prebed. If there is a slower absorbing protein in your system and your hit your REM's in the 7th hour, then mission accomplished. Ever wonder why when you are on a good bulk your body requires power naps during the day? Its because you have such an effective work out that your body needs to regenerate. So IMO you should be taking prebed protein every night.

Deadlift3

Deadlift3

Awards
ON's 100% Casein uses only Micellar Casein, which makes it my pre-bed protein of choice. If funds are tight, eat 4-6 whole eggs along with some lean meat or cottage cheese.

Hey Rodja havent you heard of those studies that found Casein Protein to be harmfull on the long run. They say it causes cancer. What you thnk about this?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Rodja havent you heard of those studies that found Casein Protein to be harmfull on the long run. They say it causes cancer. What you thnk about this?
If you search long enough, everything causes cancer. There is a school of thought that all dairy protein (whey and casein) can be detrimental because they contain homologous amino acid sequence and is similar in structure to gluten.

majinbijiita

majinbijiita

Awards
Cottage Cheese is pretty cheap but I could only eat that for 3 months 3x a day before getting (possibly literally) sick of it. Casein powder doesn't seem THAT more expensive...it is, but it's not a huge deal for the convenience if you don't want to eat cottage cheese.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Casein protein is the primary protein in cottage cheese. So really, saying "cottage cheese or casein?" is unecessary. It's transformed into a gooey, slow digesting substance in stomach acid. I just mix about 6 ounces of fat free with a little chocolate or vanilla whey for taste right before bed. I actually don't feel emaciated when I wake up in the morning.

bigmike89

Awards
i take it before bed feel great in the morning