Recomp diet... anyone been successful with it?

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone been successful with a recomp diet?. i.e one that aims to make you lose fat and gain muscle in the same cycle.

The recomps i've been reading all suggest that on your main workout days, you should be in calorie surplus and on the secondary workout days and all other days, you should be in calorie deficit.

Has anyone done this and yielded fat loss as well as muscle gain?

And also, specifically what meals did you have?

Cheers,

UKStrength

Has anyone been successful with a recomp diet?. i.e one that aims to make you lose fat and gain muscle in the same cycle.
I had some success with this method in the past and will be using it for my cycle in June (recomp / very lean bulk)

The recomps i've been reading all suggest that on your main workout days, you should be in calorie surplus and on the secondary workout days and all other days, you should be in calorie deficit.
That's the basic idea, people tend to alter their macronutrient ratios too e.g. Higher carbohydrates on workout/resistance training days and lower carb/high fat on cardio/days off.

Has anyone done this and yielded fat loss as well as muscle gain?
It worked for me during a previous cycle, although I didn't follow it in as regimented a format as I could have done. I'll have better results in June.

And also, specifically what meals did you have?
I used the simple higher calories (~3-500kcal above maintenance on workout days) and ~500kcal less than maintenance on days off/cardio days.

I didn't follow any specific macronutrient/food doctrine, just the typical high protein, low GI carb and good fat sources for all meals.

Here's an idea though of what I'll be eating during my recomp in June:

Resistance Training days:

Meal One - Porridge oats with 2 scoops of protein powder, fruit, fish oil caps.
Meal Two (pre-workout)- Fruit (banana and mango usually) Cottage Cheese
During Training - BCAAs
Immediately Post Training - Whey Protein and Banana.
Meal Four (Post-workout) - Porridge Oats, Lean protein source (chicken, tuna, beef etc.), vegetables and salad.
Meal Four - Lean Protein, Starchy Vegetables (e.g. carrots, parsnips, aubergine, pumpkin, squash etc.), large salad and olive oil dressing.
Meal Five - Lean protein or cottage cheese, fruit or vegetables, fish oil caps.

Low-Intensity Cardio/Off Days

Meal One - Large Omelette made with vegetables, fruit, fish oil caps.
Meal Two - Fruit and Whey smoothie (frozen berries usually) with almond butter and natural yogurt.
Meal Three - Lean Protein, Large Salad, Olive Oil dressing, seeds and nuts, small starchy vegetables.
Meal Four - Fruit and Whey smoothie with almond butter and natural yogurt or lean protein with some fruit.
Meal Five - Cottage Cheese with nuts and seeds, teaspoon of raw honey/splenda.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
cheers for the info man.
What type of body type are you?..

I'm endo.. not sure how well it will work for me

UKStrength

cheers for the info man.
What type of body type are you?..

I'm endo.. not sure how well it will work for me
Definitely endo mate, I have my somatotype chart results somewhere, I'll dig them out and post them.

There's pics up of my in my log if you want to see what a 'leaner' endo looks like! ;)

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
ive had a very successful recomp over the last 8 months. you can check out my formex/ae log. ive dropped 50lbs