From cut diet to bulk diet

michaelr7170

Awards
I plan on starting a clean bulk in june mid-june once i'm satisfied with my current cut. I have never been serious with dieting up until a couple of months ago once i started this cut. I've been consuming around 2000 cals per day with a P/C/F ratio of around 50/30/20.. My new diet which I plan on using for my clean bulk has around 3300-3500 cals per day with the P/C/F ratios around 42/38/20.. BTW I'm 21 yrs old, 6'2 210lbs as of lately..

My worry is that once I change over to this bulk diet, i will put on a lot of fat quick. Should i gradually make a transition to this new diet or just dive right in and do i need to worry about gaining back a lot of this fat i've been burning off?
Thanks!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
somewhat gradually, but not super gradual. so depending on how much control + precision you have, i'd go up by 100 cal a day so that its spread over just about 2 weeks going from 2000 to 3400. even a little longer wouldnt be bad. Still that is likely enough to make it not be a sudden storage mode.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A gradual process will make it easier on the stomach and absorption of the nutrients. There is also no reason to have a huge caloric excess while bulking. Just like cutting, a 10% change is sufficient to yield desired results.

michaelr7170

Awards
A gradual process will make it easier on the stomach and absorption of the nutrients. There is also no reason to have a huge caloric excess while bulking. Just like cutting, a 10% change is sufficient to yield desired results.
Yeah I don't plan on going any higher than that. I'm gonna do a slow, clean bulk with minimal fat gain as possible..

Thanks for the feedback guys.. I'll try and do the best i can to increase cals gradually over a couple of weeks and see how it goes!