ON Serous Mass- something else?

shotdead42

Awards
Hey i've bin taking ON serous mass as a post workout drink and mines getting a little empty soon,

so i wana know if there anything else that i can get is either better or just as good; its just getting kinda old and same taste... i want to mix it up a little u know.

any suggestions?
thanks,

lowboy

lowboy

Awards
Are you opposed to mixing up your own shake? Throw some Protein, oats, natty pb, banana and maybe a few other ingredients of your choice in a blender and you can make your own. You can change up the taste to your liking by adding different flavors as well.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
iso mass extreme gainer never had a problem hitting calories protien and carbs for the day... 1/2 serving 3 x a day with milk 1800 cals 120 g protien very lil fat good amount of carbs..

and if ur an average dude u will eat 1500 calls a day thats 3300 that would pack on good weight for ya. i ate that when i weighed bout 10 more lbs than u. and i went up to 178 a lil pudge but i was dirty bulking

shotdead42

Awards
Are you opposed to mixing up your own shake? Throw some Protein, oats, natty pb, banana and maybe a few other ingredients of your choice in a blender and you can make your own. You can change up the taste to your liking by adding different flavors as well.
well in general its getting kinda like old, not saying ON serous mass isnt effective but its just the same... and i dun think i got a blender LOL. hard to believe but i got one of em like stick blender things..

anyways, anyone else got any suggestions
thanks browntown89, ill consider Iso mass extreme

i just checked out iso mass extreme , im kinda trying to stay away from creatine; i dunno why but some how around where i am live or something is like creatine is bad..

i dunno but i cant really explain why im trying to stay away from it. you guys prob think im messed up or something....for thinkin that

thapr3dat0r

Awards
I took ON Serious Mass for awhile and I really liked it. I am still considering taking it in the future just for convenience. For now, I mix my own weight gainers/meal replacement shakes. It's cheaper and Just like lowboy said, you can always change and control whats in it and what it tastes like.

10oz. Milk
One scoop of protein
One scoop of ON GlycoMaize (Waximaize starch)
Banana
1/2 cup oats
1-2 TB Flaxseed Oil
Your choice of supplement powders (I use Glutamine & Creatine)

EAS Myoplex has always been a good weight gainer but probably considered more of a MRP. I also have a hand blender only and love it. Quick and easy to clean. I use it everyday, it works great.

And don't be afraid of creatine, it is completely safe and effective. You just gotta drink lots of water on it. But if you don't wanna touch it, that's your choice bro, no worries.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you an endomorph??

EVILADAMS

EVILADAMS

Awards
  • Established
Cytogainer Cookie's n cream my friend. Its less calories but it is an outstanding product. I used to use Serious Mass, just for the record.

shotdead42

Awards
im a The ECTOMORPH, but ive bin getting alot of muscle lately only a year ago i was a little less then 130lbs, not ima 156.

i mean everyone says its like safe and stuff, but im not sure like to get it. im 16 and still like growing and stuff... you know.(lol sounds like im talking bout test boosters) haha.

thanks to people tat responded.

yea the mini blender thing is awsome, so much less cleaning.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was gonna say if your anything but an ectomorph i probably wouldnt take any mass gainers. But unfortunatley some people have trouble gaining weight. The problem with most weight gainers is that its dirty weight. Lots of sugar, tons of fat and carbs. But I guess ya do what ya gotta do. Have you tried eating a ton of clean foods? What is your diet like????

shotdead42

Awards
well its not like an amazing diet but it works for me since i got skool from 7 to like 3

Breakfast- 6:35 am
Muscle Pharm Combat 2 scoops,
Some cereal

Lunch-11:15am
2 sandwichs i calculated around 50 g protien total
bottle water
(i also drink 8 cups of water throughout the school hours)

Arrive home-3:00pm
eat left over dinner, most of the time its either rice, meat, pasta, chicken, fish.. the good stuff.

depends on the day i workout in the afternoon. between like 3pm-7pm is workout for like 1.5 hours
then drink ON serous mass.
1 hour late Dinner(allways healthy with carbs like brown rice, chicken or pasta)

then sometimes like around 9pm-10pm i eat some eggs or cereal or drink a Combat shake.

Oh yea i was looking at Super Mass Gainer by Dymatize, What ya think? to replace my ON serous mass

i was lookin between those 2 gainers and they seem REALLY similar...

yoshi5674

yoshi5674

Awards
  • Established
You have to eat more. I've always been a skinny guy and for me to gain muscle mass I have eat 5-6 big meals and take a couple weight gainer shakes a day. I made my biggest gains when I was 22-23 years old and taking in 6000-8000 calories. My metabolism has slowed down so I have to stay around 4500-5000 calories a day. EAT EAT and EAT some more.

shotdead42

Awards
yea ive bin trying to, wen i get home from school i like made sure i dont feel hungry... at all.
ill eat eat till im fulll, then like 2 hours later or ever less ima hungry.. no joke. but i eat more and make sure i dont feel hungry.

im starting to drink a shake before i sleep; so i dont catabolism, that could of bin one of the reasons of not seeing gains as fast as i want it.

but im not sure what i should use, i was thinkin combat shake for bedtime.

yoshi5674

yoshi5674

Awards
  • Established
Oh, some good Gainers that I have used are Up Your Mass by MHP, Cytogainer by Cytosport, Truemass (expensive) by BSN, and my favorite because it has alot of other supplements in it is Iso-Mass Extreme Gainer by Universal Nutrition. Look for high protein content, complex carbs, and low sugar.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
well its not like an amazing diet but it works for me since i got skool from 7 to like 3

Breakfast- 6:35 am
Muscle Pharm Combat 2 scoops,
Some cereal

Lunch-11:15am
2 sandwichs i calculated around 50 g protien total
bottle water
(i also drink 8 cups of water throughout the school hours)

Arrive home-3:00pm
eat left over dinner, most of the time its either rice, meat, pasta, chicken, fish.. the good stuff.

depends on the day i workout in the afternoon. between like 3pm-7pm is workout for like 1.5 hours
then drink ON serous mass.
1 hour late Dinner(allways healthy with carbs like brown rice, chicken or pasta)

then sometimes like around 9pm-10pm i eat some eggs or cereal or drink a Combat shake.

Oh yea i was looking at Super Mass Gainer by Dymatize, What ya think? to replace my ON serous mass

i was lookin between those 2 gainers and they seem REALLY similar...
looks like ur in hs? with the breakfast at 630 lunch at 22 home at 330 ur doing as good as u can for school. they bitch if u eat in class in hs.. college = lot easier.

yoshi5674

yoshi5674

Awards
  • Established
oh, I missed that you were in high school. Man, your gonna have to double lunch it if they will let you. Sometimes I got 3 lunches, specially on pizza day. Anyways, you gonna half to load up after school man. Pasta, potatoes, and bread. I stuffed my face all night. Ice cream, bring it on. Being skinny and a hard gainer, you can eat anything you want. Another thing that helped me big time was Amino Acids. Load up, lift hard, enjoy your gains.

shotdead42

Awards
hahaha yea i know wuts really good this year for me i got like 45 min lunch! yea i know its alot. i try to eat as much as i can.
i bring 2 sandwich every day and with turky. around 50 grams protein and like 10 grams of fiber, not sure bout carbs though.

but sometimes i cant even finish it. Then i eat it during like gym class or like an easy going class, where i can eat something.

what should i bring like for a snack? nutrition bars i got. they by Balance.
i can eat those like in a few of my classes; do you think they would help?

i mean its just a nutrition bar i dont see how it really helps like 14 grams protein? and i break out alot from it, so i dun think its worth it haha.
what you guys think?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah dude,if i were you and i know throughout school time your busy, but I would try to drop the mass gainer and just go all out insane on eating food. see if you gain better weight there. Might save you some money, and might add cleaner size. If the food your going insane on is clean food lol.

shotdead42

Awards
yea but the mass gainer helps me get those calories and carbs and protein that i dont have much time to get from food, like ill have to make the food and stuff, clean the dishes etc...

the mass gainer does fill me up though... therefore not really leting me eat a meal i want afterward but i still eat it later on.

ima try the dymatize super mass gainer

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
idk ur school but my school had turkey wraps on whole grain bread.. and that has like 25 g protien.. and i drank 2 skim milk thats 40 grams and then b4 school 50 gram protien weght gainer. but then id workout right after school then eat a **** ton.. should have ate b4 working out then after but i had a life in hs.. college not so much its work school homework gym no time for much else.