Whey Protein with whole milk, banana

Meal 5

Grilled Chicken, Brown Rice, Applesauce

Meal 6 [2 hours before bed]
Muscle Milk (slow releasing protein)

lalakers24

lalakers24

Awards
First off, what are you trying to do? Second, how does your workout schedule look?

lalakers24

lalakers24

Awards
I would also cut out the whole milk after your workout if you can. If you still want to take milk, try going with skim milk, or 1% if you don't like the taste of skim milk.

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
I'm bulking so I'm assuming whole milk would be fine.

My goal is to bulk, as I put this under the bulking category.

My workout routine is listed under my log.

But here it is.

Day 1 - Chest & Biceps
- Flat Bench Press: "3 x 5"
- Incline Bench Press: "2 x 10"
- Alternating Dumbell Curls: "3 x 10"
- Barbell Curls: "2 x 10"
- Chins: "1 x F"

Day 3 - Back & Triceps
- Pullup: "5 x 5"
- Barbell Row: "3 x 8"
- Deadlift: "1 x 5"
- Weighted Dips: "3 x 8"
- Close grip bench press: "3 x 10"

Day 5 - Legs, Shoulders and Abs
- Press: "3 x 5"
- Squat: "3 x 5"
- Weighted Sit Ups: "3 x 10"
- Hanging Leg Raises: "2 x 15"

lalakers24

lalakers24

Awards
I would still try to make the whole milk into skim or 1%. The only reason why is that you don't need to get your fat from the milk. Also, I would add another meal right upon making up (a protein shake) because your body has been fasting all the while you were asleep and a shake would be the fastest way to feed your body. Then, I would have your breakfast of eggs and cereal (maybe add a banana or an orange to that as well).

EDIT- waking* up

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
I would still try to make the whole milk into skim or 1%. The only reason why is that you don't need to get your fat from the milk. Also, I would add another meal right upon making up (a protein shake) because your body has been fasting all the while you were asleep and a shake would be the fastest way to feed your body. Then, I would have your breakfast of eggs and cereal (maybe add a banana or an orange to that as well).

EDIT- waking* up
Hm, well I've thought about that myself - but the problem I see is I really don't want to take three protein shakes per day, I guess I could probably take 1 scoop of whey in the morning, 1 scoop of whey post-workout. Eggs have a lot of protein then cereal has SOME protein but nothing significant. The casein taken at night gradually releases the protein to prevent catabolism as much as possible during the night.

lalakers24

lalakers24

Awards
True about the casein but muscle milk isn't pure casein either. If you wanted a pure casein shake in the future go with Optimum Nutrition's. As for the morning when waking up, I was only talking about 1 scoop. As for after your workout I would have 1-2 (personally 1.5) scoops of your whey. Your body probably wont be able to take in more than 40 gm per sit in anyways so adjust accordingly.

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
True about the casein but muscle milk isn't pure casein either. If you wanted a pure casein shake in the future go with Optimum Nutrition's. As for the morning when waking up, I was only talking about 1 scoop. As for after your workout I would have 1-2 (personally 1.5) scoops of your whey. Your body probably wont be able to take in more than 40 gm per sit in anyways so adjust accordingly.
True about muscle milk not being pure casein, muscle milk mixed with some cottage cheese should be effective!

1 in the morning and 1.5 post-workout doesn't sound bad, but I'll have to mix with some type of milk, because my flavor muscle milk tasted awful!

lalakers24

lalakers24

Awards
Haha that's fine. I would really try at least 1% though. It tastes pretty good. What flavor do you have by the way?

CallmeClark

Awards
  • Established
Pop tarts are your best friend on a bulk IMHO. I use 'em with meal one, and post-workout. Different folks do better with different diets. Depending on your genetics, it may be better for you to try it with a diet high in fats. Or, perhaps high carbs are the way to go for you. Either way, you'll wanna incorporate a fair amount of protein. Try not to worry about being "super clean". Dirty it up a couple of times a week post-workout. Fast food, junk food, whatever. And of course, don't forget your BCAA's!

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Pop tarts are your best friend on a bulk IMHO. I use 'em with meal one, and post-workout. Different folks do better with different diets. Depending on your genetics, it may be better for you to try it with a diet high in fats. Or, perhaps high carbs are the way to go for you. Either way, you'll wanna incorporate a fair amount of protein. Try not to worry about being "super clean". Dirty it up a couple of times a week post-workout. Fast food, junk food, whatever. And of course, don't forget your BCAA's!
Dirty diets are what increased my bodyfat up to 24% in which it took me about two months to cut back down to where I am now at 21%. I am staying away from dirty diets and I would advise others to do the same.

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
your last source of complex carbs is 4 hours before your workout. You find that to be ok because if i have it any more than 2 hours before I can feel myself getting run down by the end of my workout. You're on a bulk why not just add a few oats or something to your 3rd meal, thats all i would do.

CallmeClark

Awards
  • Established
Dirty diets are what increased my bodyfat up to 24% in which it took me about two months to cut back down to where I am now at 21%. I am staying away from dirty diets and I would advise others to do the same.
Don't get me wrong. I'm certainly not advocating a "dirty" diet. Nor, had I seen a mention of your situation on the post. For some, dirty diets work great. It just depends on your genetic predisposition to insulin sensitivity. You may be one that would do best on higher fats. Either way, certainly don't be afraid of a little excess. With that being said, why bulk from 21%? You'd have an easier time if you cut bodyfat first.

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
your last source of complex carbs is 4 hours before your workout. You find that to be ok because if i have it any more than 2 hours before I can feel myself getting run down by the end of my workout. You're on a bulk why not just add a few oats or something to your 3rd meal, thats all i would do.
Aren't veggies a source of complex carbs? They are starchy, but isn't that still complex?

And oats taste horrible; however, the meal above the pre-workout meal could be switched around.

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Don't get me wrong. I'm certainly not advocating a "dirty" diet. Nor, had I seen a mention of your situation on the post. For some, dirty diets work great. It just depends on your genetic predisposition to insulin sensitivity. You may be one that would do best on higher fats. Either way, certainly don't be afraid of a little excess. With that being said, why bulk from 21%? You'd have an easier time if you cut bodyfat first.
I'm just not satisfied with my current mass at the moment, my bench is only 275, deadlift is only about 300, arms had hit 16" but I cut a few pounds and they dropped back down to 15". If I would cut to for example 160, then I would lose another good inch on my arms and have them back to being tiny. Not to mention, my bench would drop down to about 245 again, that's something I'm trying to avoid at the moment. I'm going to enter a real significant cutting phase next January.

CallmeClark

Awards
  • Established
I'm just not satisfied with my current mass at the moment, my bench is only 275, deadlift is only about 300, arms had hit 16" but I cut a few pounds and they dropped back down to 15". If I would cut to for example 160, then I would lose another good inch on my arms and have them back to being tiny. Not to mention, my bench would drop down to about 245 again, that's something I'm trying to avoid at the moment. I'm going to enter a real significant cutting phase next January.
I understand bro. It sucks losing size. It sucks losing power. But, the gains that you'll make when you bulk back up from single digits are quite phenomenal. That's always been my experience. Heh, diet's are fun too. You may be gettin' smaller, but you're gettin' SHREDDED! lol Can't beat that.

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
I understand bro. It sucks losing size. It sucks losing power. But, the gains that you'll make when you bulk back up from single digits are quite phenomenal. That's always been my experience. Heh, diet's are fun too. You may be gettin' smaller, but you're gettin' SHREDDED! lol Can't beat that.
The sound "getting shredded" makes me want to cut!

But I have a feeling, that if I clean up my diet (it's extremely dirty at the moment) incorporate a bit of cardio and add mass, the bodyfat that I have allowed to reach an unreasonably high extent will naturally decrease over a short period of time, especially if I'm putting on muscle.

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Aren't veggies a source of complex carbs? They are starchy, but isn't that still complex?

And oats taste horrible; however, the meal above the pre-workout meal could be switched around.
veggies are a complex carb, but theres no way to fuel a workout on veggies alone. It looks like you like brown rice as your main source of carbs, so i would just move that a bit closer to your workout.

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
veggies are a complex carb, but theres no way to fuel a workout on veggies alone. It looks like you like brown rice as your main source of carbs, so i would just move that a bit closer to your workout.
I'll switch the meals so that brown rice is pre-workout.

lalakers24

lalakers24

Awards
Your diet plan is definetly beginning to form real shape man. Just try to stay away from the junk food. You don't want to go on a dirty bulk gaining too much fat. Make sure to try to incorporate 1-2 cheat meals a week though to prevent you from accidentally over indulging on sweets if you try them. Just try to make those cheat meals have some healthy benefits/values in them. There's nothing worse than empty calories!

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Your diet plan is definetly beginning to form real shape man. Just try to stay away from the junk food. You don't want to go on a dirty bulk gaining too much fat. Make sure to try to incorporate 1-2 cheat meals a week though to prevent you from accidentally over indulging on sweets if you try them. Just try to make those cheat meals have some healthy benefits/values in them. There's nothing worse than empty calories!
I appreciate you guys critiquing the diet plan, your suggestions have been noted and I will edit the nutritional plan momentarily with the necessary changes.