- 05-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Just wanted to start a thread on our clever little tips to help the bulking process. We need to have a list of what we need on hand as we prep for a bulking run. These make my life easier every day on a bulk.
*Get a months worth of supplies before you bulk or you will pay the consequences at some point*
Bulking Snacks: (have them on hand to get your intake)
1. Hard boiled eggs
2. Cottage cheese, I mix mine with yogurt (vits with protein)
3. Natty PB put on everything. I prefer braided pretzels
4. Dried oats to be mixed with shakes.
5. Meatloaf (hamburg or turkey based)
6. MacN'cheese (for a quick carb up)
7. Fruits and Vege's (absolutely necessary)
8. Peanuts, Almonds, or other nuts
9. Pasta (easily cooked and eaten)
10. Stock up on steaks if you have the freezer space
11. Plenty of eggs uncooked
12. Whole wheat bread
1. Protein shake cup
4. Lunch cooler (packed full from above on workdays)
1. Muscle Milk (my personal fave post workout)
2. Longer aborbing pre-bed protein (casein or soy based)
1. 15 gallons of water (at least half a gallon a day)
2. Whole Milk
3. Sugar free iced tea or lemonade powder if you cant drink water
3. Juices (esp grape for antioxidents)
Add more. I'm sure there are way more things out there.
- 05-07-2009, 04:58 PM
05-07-2009, 05:03 PM
05-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Also a bigger variety of carbohydrate choices...(starchy)
White or Sweet Potatoes
Legumes such as: beans and lentils
As many types of oily fish as possible (for omega 3 content and the extra calories from fat)
Salmon (smoked, fresh or tinned)
Mackerel (smoked, fresh or tinned)
Kippers (smoked, fresh or tinned)
05-07-2009, 05:16 PM
05-07-2009, 06:15 PM
05-07-2009, 07:52 PM
05-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Instant Oatmeal with brown sugar is a great breakfast. You can eat a pack in 4 bites and tastes good.
05-07-2009, 08:43 PM
coconut oil. 4x 15ml servings a day
“We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, e****lence is not an act, but a habit.”
05-07-2009, 11:39 PM
05-07-2009, 11:40 PM
05-08-2009, 01:31 AM
05-08-2009, 05:13 AM
05-08-2009, 06:03 AM
05-08-2009, 07:55 AM
1lb ground sirloin mixed with rice , beans, olive oil, and almond peices. cooked obviously. I add franks redd hott as well, eat pwo, or anytime really.
05-08-2009, 10:14 AM
05-08-2009, 10:17 AM
05-08-2009, 12:41 PM
05-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Hey guys I justed wanted to know if there is a good(something with a profile like natty BP) oil for frying?
I use Pam spray for my chicken and it is starting to tast nasty! The other day I used some of the oil I had there and d@mn was it good!
05-08-2009, 01:13 PM
05-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Coconut oil is also e****lent for frying as it's more stable at higher temperatures, get the extra virgin stuff though.
Peanut oil is also an e****lent choice, it shouldn't contain any trans fats.
05-08-2009, 02:44 PM
05-08-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm gonna throw this one out there and it is IMO very important....have a huge stock of stool softeners (docusate sodium 200-400mg daily). Anyone bulking needs to have these cheap, effective pills on hand. With the huge consumption of protein we need our bodies need to avoid GI problems, which you will run the risk of getting if you crap little rocks...Take my word for it.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of problems.
Ya I said it!!!!
05-09-2009, 10:37 PM
05-10-2009, 12:57 AM
05-10-2009, 02:30 AM
05-10-2009, 03:18 AM
05-11-2009, 10:41 AM
05-11-2009, 04:47 PM
05-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Another piece of equipment to have on hand is a very loud alarm clock. When bulking your body is going to require much more sleep , to regenerate muscle. Power naps during the day and good sleep at night, so an alarm clock is a must.
Similar Forum Threads
- By JComp in forum BulkingReplies: 65Last Post: 03-06-2010, 10:35 PM
- By nattydisaster in forum BulkingReplies: 11Last Post: 03-02-2009, 03:29 AM
- By JOHNJESSICA20 in forum BulkingReplies: 38Last Post: 01-13-2009, 01:41 PM
- By lookatmybicep in forum BulkingReplies: 33Last Post: 10-01-2008, 02:31 PM
- By RenegadeRows in forum BulkingReplies: 46Last Post: 12-05-2007, 06:48 PM