cant avoid cardio

mytime09

mytime09

Awards
hey guys im currently bulking but i absolutely cannot avoid cardio. im going to be ordering some supps soon ( i keep saying this i know but im waiting for that damn NP sale!) and dont wanna waist my money because of all my cardio. I am a college soccer player and train MMA so cardio is and needs to be a big part of my life. I want to keep gaining and put on some serious mass and i know cardio should be limited but i cant. Can i make up for it in extra calories? Thanks.

shotdead42

Awards
well even though ur doing cardio, ur still intaking more calories then what you are doing now, i assume.

if theres a day that you just didnt do much cardio or u decided not to do any, intake more calories during that day.

Your still going to be intaking more calories by taking a weight gainer, I use ON Serous Mass; i recommend that as the best weight gainer.

IMO dont take a weight gainer before you workout or plan on doing cardio.
Try eating alot before bed, and eating alot when you wake up.

not sure what else, but hope i helped;

good luck.

UKStrength

hey guys im currently bulking but i absolutely cannot avoid cardio. im going to be ordering some supps soon ( i keep saying this i know but im waiting for that damn NP sale!) and dont wanna waist my money because of all my cardio. I am a college soccer player and train MMA so cardio is and needs to be a big part of my life. I want to keep gaining and put on some serious mass and i know cardio should be limited but i cant. Can i make up for it in extra calories? Thanks.
You most certainly can mate.

All the cardio will do is effectively do is reduce your ability to recover if you don't take onboard enough calories, putting you at risk of overtraining.

Work out roughly how many calories you expend during those activities and drink a shake pre/during/after you perform them (they sound like performance-related sports so you need adequate workout nutrition), or you can just add extra calories to your other meals, it's up to you :)

Just monitor your weight and measurements to make sure you aren't losing/plateauing.

mytime09

mytime09

Awards
thanks bruv. im going to throw in few more shakes the days i do cardio. Is there a good website to calculate how many calories are in what? I used caloriecounter.com but is it accurate?

Rah22491

Awards
i dont know how many will agree with me but i do cardio year round. when i bulk it may only be two days but i believe that you still need some cardio to pump some extra blood and nutrients into the muscles. Albeit my cardio changes dramatically when i start cutting to high intensity vs med to low when bulking but it is still cardio. Just eat more and you should be alright. It will also help you stay lean

UKStrength

i dont know how many will agree with me but i do cardio year round. when i bulk it may only be two days but i believe that you still need some cardio to pump some extra blood and nutrients into the muscles. Albeit my cardio changes dramatically when i start cutting to high intensity vs med to low when bulking but it is still cardio. Just eat more and you should be alright. It will also help you stay lean
No you're quite right mate, whilst the resistance training will have arguably the greatest impact on your body composition, the cardio has many other benefits including cardiovascular health, further increasing bone mineral density (if it's high impact), increasing tissue perfusion with blood vessels (capillarisation) and improving overall fat oxidation at rest.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No you're quite right mate, whilst the resistance training will have arguably the greatest impact on your body composition, the cardio has many other benefits including cardiovascular health, further increasing bone mineral density (if it's high impact), increasing tissue perfusion with blood vessels (capillarisation) and improving overall fat oxidation at rest.
it also increases your appetite!!!

keep doing cardio and eat big, you can manage, use oils in foods, and liquid carbs

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
it will be no problem what i do is use fit day to get an estimate of my calories expended during by boxing class etc and adjust calories accordingly that day

fightercowboy

fightercowboy

Awards
  • Established
Crazyfool is right on. When I do AM fasted cardio I am starving all day, even when I'm taking an app suppressant.

UKStrength

Crazyfool is right on. When I do AM fasted cardio I am starving all day, even when I'm taking an app suppressant.
Really? I find it only really affects my hunger by night time, but I guess we're all different :)

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I need to do a lot of cardio too but i still want to bulk up more and not lose any muscle!

I've just been eating crap lately too :(

Time for a strict healthy bulking diet!

samadhismiles

Awards
after your cardio just eat a huge spoon of natural peanutbutter (couple of them). And a protein shake. This should offset the calories you burn. Increase your calorie consumption elsewhere too (moreso since you're doing a lot of cardio). You CAN do cardio + bulk, its just more difficult because your maintenance level will be higher (thus pushing your 500+ calorie level even higher consequently).