Critique my New Bulk plan

ZeeAnderMan

ZeeAnderMan

Awards
Hey all. I joined a few months back. Started a crazy bulking diet where I gained some good weight (14 pounds), but I noticed probably at least 60% of it was fat. I'm not too much into fat and I don't particularly like it. I actually enjoy being on the slender side. I'm just looking to get that slender-athletic-extremely toned body.

Height: 5’9”
Weight: 130 lbs.
Weight Goal: 160 lbs.

I figured my maintenance level for calories is right around 3000 now. I’m pretty active so I burn a lot. Here’s my bulking diet:

7:00am: 1 scoop of Whey, 2 cups of Oatmeal, 2 slices of toast, 2 cups of whole milk
9:00am: 1 banana, 1 container of yogurt, water
11:00am: 1 piece of string cheese, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, water
12:30pm: PPJ sandwich, 2 large carrots, ½ cup of cottage cheese w/ peaches (yummy!)
2:00pm: ½ cup of Almonds, 2 cups of whole milk
3:30pm: 1 piece of string cheese, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, water
5:30pm: 3 pieces of Grilled Chicken breast, 1 cup of mixed vegetables, water
7:00pm: 1 scoop of whey in 2 cups of whole milk (PRE-workout)
8:00pm: ½ scoop of Serious Mass in water (POST-workout)
9:00pm: 1 container of yogurt, 1 cup of whole milk
10:00pm: 1 scoop of Whey in 1 cup of whole milk

Totals come out to about: 4000 calories, 300g of Protein, 400g of Carbs, 170g of Fat

I was doing P90X (a bulking version of it) but recently dropped it. I was losing weight despite eating a bulking diet. Just burning way too many calories using that system and doing one set of a massive number of exercises (mostly body weight exercises) just wasn't conducive to what I am looking for. So, now I'm doing this total body workout 3 days a week.

M – W - F

Bench Press: 3 x 8 **
Lateral Raises: 3 x 8
Barbell Rows: 3 x 8
Barbell Curls: 3 x 8
Deadlifts: 3 x 8
Skull Crushers: 3 x 8 **
Squats: 3 x 8
**Sometimes I do these two exercises with dumbbells. I just feel like I get a better workout from dumbbells with these two. Not sure why and I’m certainly not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I work on my abs. I absolutely love the Ab ripper DVD of P90X, so I do that on Tuesdays and Thursdays. That workout is pure money. I try to keep cardio to a minimum. The golf course I walk is quite lengthy, so the walk usually totals to about 4 miles long. I’ll do this anywhere from 2 to 5 days a week, depending. Tournament play is always in a cart so walking is minimal.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I condensed as much as I could. I just like to be thorough. Hopefully I didn’t forget anything. Any suggestions would be helpful guys. I’m all ears. Thanks!

lemke28

lemke28

Awards
Diet looks pretty good looks like your on it. But maybe add some eggs in for breakfast but that's just my two cents. I don't think that your maintenance calorie intake is that high. I weigh 173 and mine is around 2700 taking in 3000 a day for you should be more than enough.

ZeeAnderMan

ZeeAnderMan

Awards
Eggs make me gag. I cannot stand the taste of them, no matter how I cook them. I have tried in the past to force them down and it has actually made me puke. I am conditioned against them.

So, I can actually gain by only eating 3,000 calories? I would have thought that I needed many many more than that. 4000 was my lowest number I had invisioned.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
you can gain off 3k, but its a slower process. not that that's bad by any stretch. in my experience, if i don't see the scale budge every other monday, i get depressed about bulking. 4k will definitely ensure that. i'm pretty confident that you could bulk successfully off 3000-3200 calories though.

liftw8t

Awards
Hey all. I joined a few months back. Started a crazy bulking diet where I gained some good weight (14 pounds), but I noticed probably at least 60% of it was fat. I'm not too much into fat and I don't particularly like it. I actually enjoy being on the slender side. I'm just looking to get that slender-athletic-extremely toned body.

Height: 5’9”
Weight: 130 lbs.
Weight Goal: 160 lbs.

I figured my maintenance level for calories is right around 3000 now. I’m pretty active so I burn a lot. Here’s my bulking diet:

7:00am: 1 scoop of Whey, 2 cups of Oatmeal, 2 slices of toast, 2 cups of whole milk
9:00am: 1 banana, 1 container of yogurt, water
11:00am: 1 piece of string cheese, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, water
12:30pm: PPJ sandwich, 2 large carrots, ½ cup of cottage cheese w/ peaches (yummy!)
2:00pm: ½ cup of Almonds, 2 cups of whole milk
3:30pm: 1 piece of string cheese, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, water
5:30pm: 3 pieces of Grilled Chicken breast, 1 cup of mixed vegetables, water
7:00pm: 1 scoop of whey in 2 cups of whole milk (PRE-workout)
8:00pm: ½ scoop of Serious Mass in water (POST-workout)
9:00pm: 1 container of yogurt, 1 cup of whole milk
10:00pm: 1 scoop of Whey in 1 cup of whole milk

Totals come out to about: 4000 calories, 300g of Protein, 400g of Carbs, 170g of Fat

**I think its good I would just throw in more solid meals, you only have the 5:30 meal and breakfast as solid meals, I would make my 9:00 the same as 5:30

ZeeAnderMan

ZeeAnderMan

Awards
Well, I could try. I don't know if I could eat chicken at 9:00am though. I'm sort of weird when it comes to eating non-breakfast like foods before 10:30am. I'll try that tomorrow though.

ZeeAnderMan

ZeeAnderMan

Awards
Anyway guys... How does the weight lifting part look?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I'd say try get as much of your cals in from whole foods, solid meals. Pasta,rice,poatoes, oats. Chicken,red meat,turkey, tuna. Stuff like that, plenty fruit and veg!

when i first started bulking i done a lot of shakes. Now i rarely have shakes, normally a protein shake after my workout. But whole food is the way to go :)

liftw8t

Awards
I'd say try get as much of your cals in from whole foods, solid meals. Pasta,rice,poatoes, oats. Chicken,red meat,turkey, tuna. Stuff like that, plenty fruit and veg!

when i first started bulking i done a lot of shakes. Now i rarely have shakes, normally a protein shake after my workout. But whole food is the way to go :)
agreed nothing does it like real food