What should my workout be?

truballa101

Awards
Okay, I've made a couple topics already concerning food and nutrition and I pretty much have the jist of things in that area. Now towards the actual training...I've been somewhat committed lifting for about 3 or 4 weeks now.
I go typically 3 days a week and do full body on each day. I'm pretty cut even though I'm only 140. Should I start doing split-workouts (like 5 days a week)? Sorry if I'm boring anyone with the noob questions:684:
Should I continue to do fullbody 3 days a week?
or
Should I do split body 4 to 5 days a week?

I have pics btw...They are in my album...:dunno:
You can click my profile and view my album at the bottom left...sorry but i can't upload pics on this page. yet again. I'm a noob:worried:
but thanks for looking :wave2::thanks:

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I would continue with the full body workouts for 3 months before moving to a push/pull split.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
full body 3x per week. what does your current full body routine consist of? also, are you training to get stronger, or to get bigger?

truballa101

Awards
I don't usually follow a SET workout but heres an example of what I may do.

rope pull-downs (triceps) 3 X 8
decline bench press - 3 X 8
incline bench - 1 X 5
hanging leg raises (abs) - 4 X 8
chest supported rows -- 3 X 8
typical bicep curls (idk what there called) -- 3 X 8
shoulder shrugs 3 X 6

that would be an example but I usually spend just about an hour
i dont really touch my lower body -- but I will soon

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
switch out your shrugs for deadlfts, and one of your chest workouts for squats. its really hard to grow without those two exercises. other than that, looks good. i would keep all sets the same though - 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps the incline bench 1x5 is almost teasing yourself.

you'll be surprised how quickly you can put on weight once you start deads and squats.