P90X Bulking Suggestions

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Question P90X Bulking Suggestions

Hey guys. I am going to be starting P90X in May and was wondering about suggestions anyone has. I am 6'4" and 190lbs. I was up to 205 but lost it all when I stopped lifting for way too long. I got myself back up to par and am ready to try P90X. I am going to try to bulk as much as I can during it so I'm aware my first step is going to be high carb/protein diet. I will be trying to consume at least 2- 2.5 grams per protein per lb. Also, I'm going to try to do more weight less reps during the workout.

I purchased Jack3d as a preworkout drink and haven't taken it yet. Should I take it before my workouts for P90X? I just got it so i'm not too sure about it I just know it had great reviews.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to creatine or any other supplements I could take? I have a cycle of havoc but I am not going to be taking that until i'm back at my peak. If anyone knows of any suggestions of a replacement that will help me I would appreciate it.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.
    Answers

You can do it but you want to do the program differently like I am. The problem with typical P90X is that it involves too much cardio and is not conducive for good bulking gains. Here's what I am doing:

Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Day 2: Ab Ripper
    Day 3: Legs (NO back)
    Day 4: Ab Ripper
    Day 5: Back and Biceps
    Day 6: Ab Ripper
    Day 7: X-Stretch

I'm substituting Ab Ripper with Core Synergistics every 4th week.

Make sure you are doing high weight / low reps (6-8) with all of the strength training moves. I try to up my weight for each exercise every week.

3. New Member
    Answers

2g of protein per LB of body weight is overkill if you ask me.

•   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by underboss22 View Post
    Hey guys. I am going to be starting P90X in May and was wondering about suggestions anyone has. I am 6'4" and 190lbs. I was up to 205 but lost it all when I stopped lifting for way too long. I got myself back up to par and am ready to try P90X. I am going to try to bulk as much as I can during it so I'm aware my first step is going to be high carb/protein diet. I will be trying to consume at least 2- 2.5 grams per protein per lb. Also, I'm going to try to do more weight less reps during the workout.

I purchased Jack3d as a preworkout drink and haven't taken it yet. Should I take it before my workouts for P90X? I just got it so i'm not too sure about it I just know it had great reviews.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to creatine or any other supplements I could take? I have a cycle of havoc but I am not going to be taking that until i'm back at my peak. If anyone knows of any suggestions of a replacement that will help me I would appreciate it.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Have you gone through the first month of P90X "out of the box"? I recommend you do that first, then make adjustments. One of the things I noticed when I did it was a very significant increase in metabolism and for me it was well worth it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bulking suggestions
    By Carlos305 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 11:20 AM
  2. p90x for bulking
    By WILL DA BEAST in forum Bulking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 01:04 PM
  3. P90X/Bulking Suggestions
    By underboss22 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10