P90X Bulking Suggestions

underboss22

Awards
Hey guys. I am going to be starting P90X in May and was wondering about suggestions anyone has. I am 6'4" and 190lbs. I was up to 205 but lost it all when I stopped lifting for way too long. I got myself back up to par and am ready to try P90X. I am going to try to bulk as much as I can during it so I'm aware my first step is going to be high carb/protein diet. I will be trying to consume at least 2- 2.5 grams per protein per lb. Also, I'm going to try to do more weight less reps during the workout.

I purchased Jack3d as a preworkout drink and haven't taken it yet. Should I take it before my workouts for P90X? I just got it so i'm not too sure about it I just know it had great reviews.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to creatine or any other supplements I could take? I have a cycle of havoc but I am not going to be taking that until i'm back at my peak. If anyone knows of any suggestions of a replacement that will help me I would appreciate it.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

ZeeAnderMan

ZeeAnderMan

Awards
You can do it but you want to do the program differently like I am. The problem with typical P90X is that it involves too much cardio and is not conducive for good bulking gains. Here's what I am doing:

Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Day 2: Ab Ripper
Day 3: Legs (NO back)
Day 4: Ab Ripper
Day 5: Back and Biceps
Day 6: Ab Ripper
Day 7: X-Stretch

I'm substituting Ab Ripper with Core Synergistics every 4th week.

Make sure you are doing high weight / low reps (6-8) with all of the strength training moves. I try to up my weight for each exercise every week.

lamboruns

Awards
2g of protein per LB of body weight is overkill if you ask me.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys. I am going to be starting P90X in May and was wondering about suggestions anyone has. I am 6'4" and 190lbs. I was up to 205 but lost it all when I stopped lifting for way too long. I got myself back up to par and am ready to try P90X. I am going to try to bulk as much as I can during it so I'm aware my first step is going to be high carb/protein diet. I will be trying to consume at least 2- 2.5 grams per protein per lb. Also, I'm going to try to do more weight less reps during the workout.

I purchased Jack3d as a preworkout drink and haven't taken it yet. Should I take it before my workouts for P90X? I just got it so i'm not too sure about it I just know it had great reviews.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to creatine or any other supplements I could take? I have a cycle of havoc but I am not going to be taking that until i'm back at my peak. If anyone knows of any suggestions of a replacement that will help me I would appreciate it.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Have you gone through the first month of P90X "out of the box"? I recommend you do that first, then make adjustments. One of the things I noticed when I did it was a very significant increase in metabolism and for me it was well worth it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Training Forum 4
swellsummer Training Forum 3
WILL DA BEAST Bulking 9
Supplements 10
ZeeAnderMan Bulking 16