first ever bulk, never thought i would even ask

anthonymassey

Awards
ok i am new to the site but i have been in the gym now for over a year, i have thrown a couple of posts around but now i want to get serious with my body. i was a fat ass a year ago 5 foot 6 230+ all fat...been that way my whole life i am a ENDOMORPH by nature,even though now i am currently 148lbs and 26 years old.
now i have come down with alot of cardio weight training and a huge calorie cut aka crash diet. i am motivated and when i put my mind to something i am all in. now that i know i can drop the weight i want to know if i can bulk and cut and become serious with it.
i want now to bulk up with a clean bulk, i know that a clean bulk is hard but i have a unlimited amount of food to chose from pre cooked for me, (since i am in iraq)
can someone set me up with a good clean bulk diet, what foods should i eat and how often should i eat? how long should i bulk for? is there such a thing as a every other day bulk? so monday wed fri. when i am focusing on lifting i can bulk and then tues and thurs focus on cardio and calorie cut.. I am sure my metabolism is hurting from the crash diet 12 months worth... so is bulking even a logical idea?
i plan on every other day doing 20-30 min of cardio with 15 of it being HITT.
i am in the gym 1-2 times a day since i get limited time to be there i have to split my workouts up into 2 shorter workouts. since i am limited on time i have very limited down time in between sets so my heart rate is up while i am in there.
if anyone also has any recomendations on a workout plan i am more than happy to read it and try it.
if you would relly like to help and throw in a cutting routine it would also be appreciated
i know its alot of questions but i guess i am that type of person, i want to get as much info as i can so i do it right this time.

Zee916

Zee916

Awards
Well, first you need to find out your daily calorie needs.

There are lots of different formulas. I personally like the Harris-Benedict.

Your a little shorter than me and a little less weight but I bulk on 3500-4000 calories.

As far as food... obviously get your protein needs in and essential fats. Lots of chicken breast, fish, lean beef, quality vegetables, whole grains.

Avocado, almonds, cottage cheese, broccoli, salad, walnuts, whole grain rice, sweet potatoes are all staples for my diet.

I like to cycle my carbs on both a cut or bulk. Everyone is different so try stuff and see what works for you. I carb up more on back and chest day and then taper it off a little for the rest of my workouts and weekends.

Stay away from processed crap and bad sugars obviously.

Cardio is fine while bulking just realize you want to be in a calorie surplus so don't go crazy. I personally cut out cardio for the most part while I'm on a strict bulk.

These are some of my basics but everyone is different and it really takes time to find out what is going to work for your body.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Look for getting bigger in a nutshell(abig nutshell) posted by suncloud. Good stuff.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Look for getting bigger in a nutshell(abig nutshell) posted by suncloud. Good stuff.
he might not know how to do that....http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/99607-gaining-mass-nutshell.html . simply put, eating things like cottage cheese, tuna, chicken,salmon, lean beef, vegi's, fruits, grains, wheat bread etc. in excess of your maintence calorie level will put weight on. eating things like ice cream, fatty beek or pork, lots of white bread would be considered a dirty bulk, basicly eating anything you wanted to and a lot of it.....pizza heaven