My Eating Routine

truballa101

Awards
hi...so I'm a college student who lives in a dorm and is poor (typical college stereotype). im obviously not "poor" but i can't just buy every type of food and every type of protein out there. I workout every other day so tell me if this eating routine is okay.

PS: I can only go to my school cafeteria twice a day.

Meal 1: 8:30 am -- Buffet Style Breakfast (eggs, milk, pancakes, ham)
Meal 2: 11:00 am -- Couple Packets of Oatmeal
Meal 3: 1:30 pm -- Same as #2
Meal 4: 6:00 pm -- Buffet Style Dinner
Workout around 8ish
Meal 5: Protein Shake
Meal 6: Ramen Noodles/Oatmeal

Its obviously not much variety but should I space out my routine any differently? Maybe add a meal? What are other calorie or protein dense foods that I can buy besides oatmeal?

Thanks

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hi...so I'm a college student who lives in a dorm and is poor (typical college stereotype). im obviously not "poor" but i can't just buy every type of food and every type of protein out there. I workout every other day so tell me if this eating routine is okay.

PS: I can only go to my school cafeteria twice a day.

Meal 1: 8:30 am -- Buffet Style Breakfast (eggs, milk, pancakes, ham)
Meal 2: 11:00 am -- Couple Packets of Oatmeal
Meal 3: 1:30 pm -- Same as #2
Meal 4: 6:00 pm -- Buffet Style Dinner
Workout around 8ish
Meal 5: Protein Shake
Meal 6: Ramen Noodles/Oatmeal

Its obviously not much variety but should I space out my routine any differently? Maybe add a meal? What are other calorie or protein dense foods that I can buy besides oatmeal?

Thanks
You need to get more protein in. Ramen and Oats are carb sources so you should try and get some protein sources with them. Also, maybe toss a meal in between 3 and 4.

I know it can be tough living in the dorms trying to get food. I used to pack some tupper ware when I went to the Dining Hall and usually brought home some Turkey Burgers, Chicken, and fruit whenever possible. I also bought canned tuna and chicken to eat as well....just to give a couple ideas

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
calorie dense? natural peanut butter. at 5'9" and 135, you scream ecto, and half and half was the addition to my diet that really took me over the edge on how to bulk. one cup = 920 calories :)

truballa101

Awards
one cup of half-and-half? and peanut butter?

can you clarify please? i'm a beginner...srry, and thanks.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
one cup of half-and-half? and peanut butter?

can you clarify please? i'm a beginner...srry, and thanks.
peanut butter is high in monounsaturated fats - the building blocks of testosterone. 2 tbsp = 190 calories, which makes it a very calorie dense food. i snack on it in between meals, and before bed sometimes.

half and half was something i did to supercharge my gains while bulking. one cup of half and half is not the best way to get calories in, but for us skinny guys, its a viable option.

tattoopierced1

you need more protein, and depending on how much fat you are taking in, more fats (if not just redistributing your fat intake throughout the day).

majinbijiita

majinbijiita

Awards
Hello my skinny brother. lol

I'll tell you my "secrets" that I just posted a thread about because I gained 10lbs in a week or two.

I eat a lot of 1.5% cottage cheese. I eat that between meals. It's pretty cheap where I get it I think like $2.50 per tub. I eat 1/4 of it between meals for ~20g protein a pop.

I also eat 1/5 a tub 30 mins after taking my ZMA, right before I go to bed. Gotta love that slow digesting protein. Right after that I eat natural peanut butter (the store I go to has a peanut grinding machine.) 1tblspoon with my multi right before I go to sleep.

Every meal I have has protein in it. I DO NOT GO A MEAL WITHOUT PROTEIN. EVER. seriously. even if it's just soy from my Kashi Go Lean cereal, it's 13g per serving.

Also, if you drink milk - go for whole milk. It's delicious. Save any skim/1% to mix with your pwo shake, at least that's what I do.

Carbs are good, but I try to save them for breakfast and pwo mostly. But, I wouldn't fret too much on that ATM.

Just eat protein for every meal. Cut down on sweets/fatty bullshiz, and focus on lean meats. Also, stop eating ramon. I never eat ramon. I used to have that all the time as a kid because we were poor...but if you are trying to grow and be healthy, throw that crap away. I think it even contains MSG - which IMO, is terrible for bulking in more ones than one. And just health in general.

P.S. Oh yea, cottage cheese tastes like ****...but I force feed it to myself. I don't even chew anymore...just spoon and swallow. But one other benefit, it contains a good source of natural creatine! (Or so I've read...somewhere)

truballa101

Awards
what do you recommend instead of Ramen...
its a typical college snack
idk what else to eat/replace it with...

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
Add stuff in with ramen, its called a spread. After cooking and throwing in seasoning, you can add cheese, peanut butter, beef, chili, jalepenos. All kinds of cool stuff, lol.

But honestly, ramen is really a ridiculous food.