Need help Bulking....

RJosh

Awards
hey all i just went back to the gym and looking to bulk i have worked out for a good 3 years b4 taking off 2 years due to work injury. I now work a ton of hours and can't really cook. lol. I need help gaining muscle i'm on a 5-6 meal diet including the protein shakes. I have taken 1-test before had some gains from it but since it is discontinued i can no longer purchase it. what do u guys recommend i'm on a 2000-2500 calorie diet and workout 4 times a week. Please help EXTREMELY HARD GAINER. reviews would be great!

Thanks You
RJ

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Post your diet and training. 2000-2500 cals is pretty light, when i bulk i shoot for 4000-5000 cals, tho it can be difficult to attain. Check out the recipes section, there are some great, easy stuff in there to get you started. Good luck bro, start overeating!!

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
hey all i just went back to the gym and looking to bulk i have worked out for a good 3 years b4 taking off 2 years due to work injury. I now work a ton of hours and can't really cook. lol. I need help gaining muscle i'm on a 5-6 meal diet including the protein shakes. I have taken 1-test before had some gains from it but since it is discontinued i can no longer purchase it. what do u guys recommend i'm on a 2000-2500 calorie diet and workout 4 times a week. Please help EXTREMELY HARD GAINER. reviews would be great!

Thanks You
RJ
Do you mean you carnt cook -carnt cook no matter what or you havent time to cook?

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
i don't know how to cook and even if i did there is no way i would have time to do so....
Priorities need to be set, sacrifices need to be made.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Priorities need to be set, sacrifices need to be made.
Exactly -i assume then that you eat out or have takeaways and probably go for the fast food option Correct me if i am wrong .

Fast food is not as nutritious as wholesome food and can be more expensive.

Cooking good food can be simple . I assume you can peel potatoes, chop up carrots, , cut off some broccoli, cauliflower , and put into a steamer for 25 minutes. put a turkey /chicken breast under the grill Thats cooking -its not rocket science Try it.

RJosh

Awards
Exactly -i assume then that you eat out or have takeaways and probably go for the fast food option Correct me if i am wrong .

Fast food is not as nutritious as wholesome food and can be more expensive.

Cooking good food can be simple . I assume you can peel potatoes, chop up carrots, , cut off some broccoli, cauliflower , and put into a steamer for 25 minutes. put a turkey /chicken breast under the grill Thats cooking -its not rocket science Try it.
haha. nice rant brother! u guys are right just need to get back on a good diet plan i've done it b4 so it shouldn't be 2 hard.
thanks all for the help.

majinbijiita

majinbijiita

Awards
I'm lazy about cooking food too man. I will sacrifice taste for ease of cooking, which is why i have the same thing for lunch everyday...boiled ground turkey. lol

It really taste so bland, I don't know how I do it, but I just force myself to eat it. I try to add some condiments because it can get dry, but I avoid HFCS like the plague, and MSG, which cuts out a lot of possibilities. Most days it's hot sauce.

Anyways, I eat a lot of cottage cheese nowadays. I bring tubs to the fridge at work and eat it between meals. It's my last meal of the day too. I don't know what I'd do without cottage cheese. (Which also takes like crap...but I eat it anyways.)

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I'm lazy about cooking food too man. I will sacrifice taste for ease of cooking, which is why i have the same thing for lunch everyday...boiled ground turkey. lol

It really taste so bland, I don't know how I do it, but I just force myself to eat it. I try to add some condiments because it can get dry, but I avoid HFCS like the plague, and MSG, which cuts out a lot of possibilities. Most days it's hot sauce.

Anyways, I eat a lot of cottage cheese nowadays. I bring tubs to the fridge at work and eat it between meals. It's my last meal of the day too. I don't know what I'd do without cottage cheese. (Which also takes like crap...but I eat it anyways.)
pick up a quality evoo (extra virgin olive oil), and saute' the ground turkey with some red peppers. Add some garlic, put it between two peices of ezekiel bread, with some cheese on top. Saute means in a pan by the way. dont put ingredients into pan untill evoo ihot, almost smoking. use about 1 tbls evoo. you be glad you did.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Investing in a toaster over was one of the smartest things I've ever done in my life. You can throw any of your various meats/poultries in there for 20 minutes at 350, meanwhile boil some potatoes, rice or what have you. Living the bachelors life aint pretty but it sure is easy.

majinbijiita

majinbijiita

Awards
pick up a quality evoo (extra virgin olive oil), and saute' the ground turkey with some red peppers. Add some garlic, put it between two peices of ezekiel bread, with some cheese on top. Saute means in a pan by the way. dont put ingredients into pan untill evoo ihot, almost smoking. use about 1 tbls evoo. you be glad you did.
I think you missed the point I was making. I know how to cook...but I am LAZY. I don't like spending any more time in the kitchen than I have to.

On another note: Don't start eating 1/2 a tub of CC in one sitting. I'm going to stop after last night. I puked a couple of times and was in searing, fiery stomach pain for hours. It was awful. Not totally sure it was the CC, but I'm pretty sure since I've had a similar experience earlier...just without the puking and less pain.

I'm thinking of just picking up some casein protein after last night.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I think you missed the point I was making. I know how to cook...but I am LAZY. I don't like spending any more time in the kitchen than I have to.

On another note: Don't start eating 1/2 a tub of CC in one sitting. I'm going to stop after last night. I puked a couple of times and was in searing, fiery stomach pain for hours. It was awful. Not totally sure it was the CC, but I'm pretty sure since I've had a similar experience earlier...just without the puking and less pain.

I'm thinking of just picking up some casein protein after last night.
Ahhh,lazy.Sorry. Extra virgin olive oil wont cure lazy.:wave:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
laziness isn't the way to bulk. you've got to pick your battle here - either be content being lazy and smaller, or be serious about your goals. they still teach that in college right? nobody wants the doctor that had a C+ average :)

majinbijiita

majinbijiita

Awards
I'm lazy about cooking, not about my diet. There is a difference. :) I mean, I force feed myself cottage cheese 3x a day. (Which I may have to cut down on after puking my guts out last night after eating a 1/2 tub.)

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I'm lazy about cooking, not about my diet. There is a difference. :) I mean, I force feed myself cottage cheese 3x a day. (Which I may have to cut down on after puking my guts out last night after eating a 1/2 tub.)
did you check the use by date.wouldnt have thought you could puke on cc unless it was off

MTV

Awards
Many people said they don't know how to cook. In fact, they're just lazy to cook. Cooking isn't hard at all. Thousand of recipes are available online. If I see some recipes that interested me, just bookmark it and use it later. It would taste bad the first time you cook but the more time you spend in the kitchen, more cooking skills you have buddy.

If you want to eat chicken breasts, you can marinated it with salad dressing for couple hours then grill 'em for 2-3min on each side. I preferred grilling pan to have a nice look on the chicken. Then put it into the oven and bake it for 25-30min (cover chicken breasts with foil, so your chicken won't dry out). TADA, you can eat those breasts with BBQ sauce or any sauce you like.