forearm bulking

djsnipes

djsnipes

Awards
hey guys, whats good?

so I have skinny forearms, I need some help on getting bigger ones, any exercises you guys recommend?

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
ps I dont even work them out

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Deadlifts, Clean and Press and pretty much any heavy pulling motion will work your forearms.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
pinwheel curls. if you can do more than 12 reps, you need to up the weight, if you can do under 8 reps, you need to decrease the weight :)

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
pinwheel curls. if you can do more than 12 reps, you need to up the weight, if you can do under 8 reps, you need to decrease the weight :)
have u gained much forearm muscle from doing them?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
have u gained much forearm muscle from doing them?
i'm primarily strength training these days - max rep range for me hovers around 6. i do know its one of the few "approved" DC forearm exercises, and my friends seem to think my forearms have gotten bigger. add them in to your forearm training day for a month - worst case scenario you'll get nothing :)

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
I like behind the back wrist curls with a BB. Good burn.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Mann I just saw how much you weight.. you gotta eat man lol. Nothing is going to be "big" at 145 pds. May be bigger in proportion than other body parts but then people will just accuse you of being "the jerk off king". Just keep eating and working everything out!

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Forearms will get bigger over time with general lifting. Do some exclusive forearms workouts every other day because they require little to no recovery time...since they are used to being used every single day with almost every movement you do.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
these are awesome.

i really love them, plus you get to feel like a bad ass using 70-80 lb's

i discovered them on accident when i was doing curls and went up too high on weight before i was ready when i was younger...

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure I know what you are talking about with Pinwheel curls, but I cant picture what excercise resembles a pinwheel....lol

little help?

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Great excercise!!! I do love them.

On another note...why do most gyms play crappy music? Mine plays some bizarre wierd techno, the kind that is completely un-motivating...

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Great excercise!!! I do love them.

On another note...why do most gyms play crappy music? Mine plays some bizarre wierd techno, the kind that is completely un-motivating...
for the girls.

they're gyms, not weight rooms.

great thread hijacking haha

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
It's not hijacking. If a gym played motivating music my forearms would look like that picture ^^^^^^^

djsnipes

djsnipes

Awards
yo h0other - i know im skinny in general, im just starting a pretty intense workout/diet program in about a week and just wanted to know some good exercises.

plus i play hockey so i wouldnt mind improving my shot as well.

thanks for the help fellas

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
another exercise i like is pinching plates together.
start with 25's and hold it as long as you can

eventually you'll be at 45's

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I do have an Mp3 player..its a must.

Strong forearms are mandatory for Hockey. Forearms are what will keep your stick on the ice when other players try to knock it up away from the puck. Many times forearm "size" isnt really a true indicator of the strength that they have. So do the suggested excercises and you will notice your strength start to icrease.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
yo h0other - i know im skinny in general, im just starting a pretty intense workout/diet program in about a week and just wanted to know some good exercises.

plus i play hockey so i wouldnt mind improving my shot as well.

thanks for the help fellas
That's cool, I played hockey my whole life too. I wish I was the size I am now when I played but unfortunaetly I was as small or smaller than you. Just EAT ALOT, you'll have to eat even more than most to make up for the calories burned playing. Legs are as important on a shot as anything else too, so make sure you dont forget them. If I were training for hockey again i'd work mainly around Squats and Deadlifts. Best of luck man.