What the Hell is Going On.....?

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Hey All,

Firstly here's some general info about me and my routine: I'm 5ft11 inches, I currently weigh 176 lbs. I've changed my routine now I am doing weight training 3 days a week, cardio twice a week with weekends off. I am currently taking the following supps: Animal Stak, Animal Pak, Animal M-Stak, Whey/Cassein proteins, Gasparti Superpump, Creatine, Glutamine and UNI-Liver tabs and of course Animal Omega (i.e. fish oil supp). Also I am drinking about 1.5-2 gallons of water per day and trying to eat like a dump truck. Eating every 2-3 hours.

Alright here it goes. This is a long story, I will cut to the chase as they say. About 11 months ago I weighed 269 lbs, most of it being fat (ok 95% of it) I was a fat kid, I decided what the hell am I doing so I got healthy by eating right, doing cardio and incorporating a lifting routine. 8 months later I had dropped down to about 159 lbs being my lowest weight.

I then decided to begin to bulk up by putting on some slabs of muscle, so I began a bulk phase. Prior to this I was taking hydroxycut hardcore, as soon as I stopped taking it my weight shifted up to 172, I started my bulk at this weight. I've been bulking for about 2 months (+, maybe going on 3 months) and I've barely put on 4 lbs.

I began my bulk phase by eating 2800 calories per day, lots of complex carbs, lots of protein. I began by using the 40/40/20 macro (carbs/protein/fats). I then began upping my food intake, I am now at about 5000 calories per day and I don't seem to be making any progress.

It's strange I can eat a massive meal before bed, wake up 2-3 times at night and drink huge casein protein shakes, and eat fish oil pills while sleeping and my weight does not seem to increase.

For instance last night I went to bed weighing a bloated 188 lbs, I woke up did my business and weighed myself and I was down to 176 lbs, that's a 12 lbs difference? This has been going on for some time, I've been going to bed stuffed and waking up weighing around 176lbs(generally sometimes below, the other day it was 172 lbs) but not seeing any type of real gain.

Could I be an ectomorph or something? I always thought I was an endomorph because I was freaking heavy. For instance I have very broad shoulders, can fit my hands around my wrists (I have very weakly looking forearms), and very muscular legs, even when I was a fatty. But at the same time I have a large bone structure, especially in my hips and all my fat seems to be located in my stomach region (subcutaneous stomach fat it seems). I was skinny when I was a kid and could eat anything it seemed and not gain weight, but I got really lazy and ate all fast foods in high school and college and thusly go very heavy.

So what the heck is going on? Am I a hardgainer? Does it sound like I am an ectomorph or something? I am thinking about trying weight gainer shakes, what do you guys thing? Also I train my ass off, I am not a pussy lifter, and I eat properly especially after post workout.

Confused,
Chad

carnivalhobo

Awards
post sample meals, and your lifting splits

Broodstar

Broodstar

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps a 4-6 month bulking phase and a 6 month or so cutting phase. That way your not going back and forth back and forth. Also if you are bulking and not getting gains then I would say bump the calorie intake up. Your either a) not eatting enough or b) at a maintenence phase. Just some things to think about good luck.

rrm

Awards
my cousin sounds exactly the same as you! And what he did was incorporate tons of peanut butter cause he loved it. Its also very good for you if you go natural its even better with tons of healthy fat, has some protien in there also has some fibre and for bulking it fits right in for how many calories it has per tbsp.
anyways good luck though!

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Meals and Lifts

Alright here's yesterday's meal: With all Meals 6 UNI-LIVER pills taken

Meal 1:
-4 Servings of Quick Oats, mixed with 1/2 cup whey protein
-5 eggs scrambled and 1 egg white
-2 scoops of protein powder, glutamine
-1 Animal Pak

Meal 2: 4 Servings of Kidney beans
-2 Servings of broccoli
-2 servings of 4oz chicken
-1 protein shake with creatine
-Animal Omega fish oil
-Animal Stak

-Workout-

Meal 3 (post workout):

-4 servings of mixed veggies
-3 servings of Sweet Potatoes
-3 scoops of Whey protein with glutamine
-1 4oz piece of chicken
-1 cup of brown rice

Meal 4:

-3 servings of kidney beans
-2 bagels whole grain/fruit with 2 tablespoons of natty peanut butter on each
-1 lbs of chicken (chicken breast/skinless)
-Vitamin C & E

Meal 5:

-6 Cans of tuna in water
-2 Bagels with natty peanut butter (2 scoops each)
-1 Serving of sweet potatoes
-1 4oz (approx) of chicken
-1 serving of pepperoni (deli style)

Meal 6:

-2 peanut butter sandwiches (whole grain bread) with natty peanut butter, nothing else
-2 servings of chicken
-1 scoops of whey
-3 scoops of casein protein
***Mix Proteins together in 2% milk*****
-2 Cliffs Protein bar
-Animal Omega
-Animal M Stak

Last night I woke up 3 times and had 3 scoops of casein protein throughout the entire night.

Here's my basic exercise routine (I posted this previously in training section some time ago, I just changed to 1on-1off split, m-w-f)

Monday: Basically biceps, triceps, and forearms

Bicep Curl 3x12
Concentration Curl 3x12
Skull Crushers 3x12
Overhead one handed tricep curl (both hands)3x12
Overhead Double Hand tricep curl 3x12
Reverse Curl 3x12
Hammer Curl 3x12 (I have small forearms lol)

Wednesday: Basically Chest/Upper Body

Standard bench press 3x12
Decline Bench Press 3x12
Incline Bench Press (2 different elevations, so 2 diff. exercises sets)3x12 (each)
Chest Fly 3x12
3x5 weighted chin up (still working on up reps lol) or weighted dips 3x7
Deadlifts 4x14

Friday: Lower body/Shoulders

Full Squats 4x12
Front Squats 4x12
Calf Raises (weighted obviously)4x12
Shrugs 4x12
Front Raise 3x12
Lateral Raise 3x12
Should Rows 3x12
3x12 Shoulder Press

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks again.

Best,
Chad

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Forgot to mention all Protein Shakes are made with 2% milk

Also Meal # 5 is 2 oz of chicken not 1oz as stated above

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
Diet looks ****ing solid!

Your training however is awful!

A day for Arms but then you cram in back and chest in the same work out?????

Split up back and chest and train biceps with back and triceps with chest.

Do you life heavy? reps of 6-8?

carnivalhobo

Awards
i agree, more dedicated back training, if you are going to run a 3 day split then id go for back/bi, chest/tri, legs/delts and sneak calves, forearms, and traps and abs in as you have time.

also, unless there is some reason why you are only training 3 days id probably favor more days of lifting if weight/mass gain is your goal. Your recovery should be fine with solid nutrition. What cardio are you doing, and why are you doing it if you are trying to bulk?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Alright here's yesterday's meal: With all Meals 6 UNI-LIVER pills taken

Meal 1:
-4 Servings of Quick Oats, mixed with 1/2 cup whey protein
-5 eggs scrambled and 1 egg white
-2 scoops of protein powder, glutamine
-1 Animal Pak

Meal 2: 4 Servings of Kidney beans
-2 Servings of broccoli
-2 servings of 4oz chicken
-1 protein shake with creatine
-Animal Omega fish oil
-Animal Stak

-Workout-

Meal 3 (post workout):

-4 servings of mixed veggies
-3 servings of Sweet Potatoes
-3 scoops of Whey protein with glutamine
-1 4oz piece of chicken
-1 cup of brown rice

Meal 4:

-3 servings of kidney beans
-2 bagels whole grain/fruit with 2 tablespoons of natty peanut butter on each
-1 lbs of chicken (chicken breast/skinless)
-Vitamin C & E

Meal 5:

-6 Cans of tuna in water
-2 Bagels with natty peanut butter (2 scoops each)
-1 Serving of sweet potatoes
-1 4oz (approx) of chicken
-1 serving of pepperoni (deli style)

Meal 6:

-2 peanut butter sandwiches (whole grain bread) with natty peanut butter, nothing else
-2 servings of chicken
-1 scoops of whey
-3 scoops of casein protein
***Mix Proteins together in 2% milk*****
-2 Cliffs Protein bar
-Animal Omega
-Animal M Stak

Last night I woke up 3 times and had 3 scoops of casein protein throughout the entire night.

Here's my basic exercise routine (I posted this previously in training section some time ago, I just changed to 1on-1off split, m-w-f)

Monday: Basically biceps, triceps, and forearms

Bicep Curl 3x12
Concentration Curl 3x12
Skull Crushers 3x12
Overhead one handed tricep curl (both hands)3x12
Overhead Double Hand tricep curl 3x12
Reverse Curl 3x12
Hammer Curl 3x12 (I have small forearms lol)

Wednesday: Basically Chest/Upper Body

Standard bench press 3x12
Decline Bench Press 3x12
Incline Bench Press (2 different elevations, so 2 diff. exercises sets)3x12 (each)
Chest Fly 3x12
3x5 weighted chin up (still working on up reps lol) or weighted dips 3x7
Deadlifts 4x14

Friday: Lower body/Shoulders

Full Squats 4x12
Front Squats 4x12
Calf Raises (weighted obviously)4x12
Shrugs 4x12
Front Raise 3x12
Lateral Raise 3x12
Should Rows 3x12
3x12 Shoulder Press

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks again.

Best,
Chad

You deserve a medal for this!.

Here is an idear, just an idea though.

During your "bulk" have you been getting more solid, and a lil bit leaner? The more muscle you have the more it burns energy, also you still might be losing weight while adding muscle. Basically since you started your bulk, has your body composition changed much?

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
Just re-read your post and you are going 3x12 on most things which is to much...... try lifting heavier and pushing out 6-8..... really chase those weights, try and go up every 2 weeks if you can.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
You went to bed and woke up 12 pounds lighter? I don't understand.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Ive never heard of something like this but why are you doing 12 reps? I stick to 6-8, MAYBE 10 when bulking. Cutting, at least 10, more 12-15 reps, but not 12 when bulking, even lean bulking not 12. But kick a$$ diet!!

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Thanks for the help so far guys. I wasn't originally sure about the training regime, I posted it previously and was told that it was solid, except I had to switch my deadlifting around, I had it on my squat day. Originally I was training on 3 days on, then 1 day off, then repeat, are you saying that I should revert back to this schedule?

mikeyb123: I lift as heavy as I can, usually doing drop sets, when possible. I will however be dropping my lifts down to as heavy as my body will take it with reps of 6-8. A buddy of mine said the same thing. I will however keep the squats and deadlifts slightly higher, sound good? Thanks bro.

carnivalhobo: Like I said above I was previously lifting a hell of a lot, I decided to slow it down a bit, hoping I would grow more, but its been a few weeks and no substantial growth, so I will be switching back to my old lifting routine I think, taking a day or two off. I like your back/bi, chest/tri, legs/delts idea. I've seen others say the same thing, and I've read it online, etc. that its a good combo. I will give it a try. What type of back exercises do you recommend? I lift at home; have squat posts, leg press, lots of free weights, standard decline/incline bench with butterfly bars at side. Could you post an idea of a good routine based on my previous routine posting? Thanks man look forward to more info. In regards to cardio; I don't like the idea of not doing any cardio, for health reasons, I have a feeling I will be doing this bulk for sometime haha.

Zero V: I have noticed a bit of recomposition, at least I think...I had like no chest before, that's not an issue anymore. I've always had really weak ass forearms, but they seem more "defined" as do my biceps. I just don't seem to be gaining any real mass, make sense? I have been getting more lean it seems, I don't have to do any stomach exercises other then squats and my guts fine, still defined (at least at the side view lol). Are you saying my lifting routine and meals good or just meal routine? Look forward to what you think as well. Thanks.

Thanks fellows. I'm glad my diet looks on check, I feel like I am dump truck lately haha. Just don't get why my weight keeps leveling off. If I eat much more I might run outta money....

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the help so far guys. I wasn't originally sure about the training regime, I posted it previously and was told that it was solid, except I had to switch my deadlifting around, I had it on my squat day. Originally I was training on 3 days on, then 1 day off, then repeat, are you saying that I should revert back to this schedule?

mikeyb123: I lift as heavy as I can, usually doing drop sets, when possible. I will however be dropping my lifts down to as heavy as my body will take it with reps of 6-8. A buddy of mine said the same thing. I will however keep the squats and deadlifts slightly higher, sound good? Thanks bro.

carnivalhobo: Like I said above I was previously lifting a hell of a lot, I decided to slow it down a bit, hoping I would grow more, but its been a few weeks and no substantial growth, so I will be switching back to my old lifting routine I think, taking a day or two off. I like your back/bi, chest/tri, legs/delts idea. I've seen others say the same thing, and I've read it online, etc. that its a good combo. I will give it a try. What type of back exercises do you recommend? I lift at home; have squat posts, leg press, lots of free weights, standard decline/incline bench with butterfly bars at side. Could you post an idea of a good routine based on my previous routine posting? Thanks man look forward to more info. In regards to cardio; I don't like the idea of not doing any cardio, for health reasons, I have a feeling I will be doing this bulk for sometime haha.

Zero V: I have noticed a bit of recomposition, at least I think...I had like no chest before, that's not an issue anymore. I've always had really weak ass forearms, but they seem more "defined" as do my biceps. I just don't seem to be gaining any real mass, make sense? I have been getting more lean it seems, I don't have to do any stomach exercises other then squats and my guts fine, still defined (at least at the side view lol). Are you saying my lifting routine and meals good or just meal routine? Look forward to what you think as well. Thanks.

Thanks fellows. I'm glad my diet looks on check, I feel like I am dump truck lately haha. Just don't get why my weight keeps leveling off. If I eat much more I might run outta money....
Yeah I can't understand why you are not putting on weight. You should at least be getting fatter from that!

Maybe a trip to the docs to have a check up? Explain to him you are eating 5000 calories just to maintain weight. There could be a number of things to check like your thyroid.

How much cardio do you do?

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Usually I do cardio 2 times during 5 day week. HITT for 30 minutes. Then cardio on Saturday and Sunday.

Actually did go to doctors, I thought I had a stomach parasite or something haha. But everything came out clean. He didn't understand why I was eating so much though, that was the majority of my visit explaining to him that I am in a bulking phase for weight lifting and that I am not trying to be a professional body builder haha but still bulking.

He said that I must have a very fast metabolism, and that some people just do. That was it, nothing more in depth then that.

I am gaining weight, its just been at a snails crawl. What I am wondering is, am I a hard gainer or something (I know everyone usually is a hardgainer so to speak) just wondering if I fit the stereotype to the T.

Best,
Chad

carnivalhobo

Awards
For back i like:

Pullups
Bent Over BB rows
Incline db rows
T-bar rows (not sure you can pull this off with ur setup)
Deads (id go with a lower rep scheme, i personally use a almost powerlifting style workout with a gradual warm up and then several working sets of tripples and doubles, and then usually a few heavy singles. then every few weeks i do a higher rep workout)

As for cardio, those long HIIT sessions are going to be hell for trying to build muscle, Id either cut down the length or switch to some steady state cardo like incline walking to prevent wasting muscle.

What does ur pre/intra/post HIIT nutrition look like?

I understand not wanting to get all fatty again, but if you cut back a little cardio and notice your gains are looking dirty you can cut back on the food which doesnt look like it will annoy you too much, and its more $$ in your pocket!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established

Well congrats on the huge(at least 100 lb) drop in weight.

Your body could be going through quite the recomp now. When I hit the weights I went from 160 down to 130, then after I stopped cardio and speed excersises as much, I was able to bulk up to 140-145, now I am at 150(though 5lbs at least is fat due to being sick for a month). When I am training, it is crazy hard to put on mass, even at a normal 3k a day, and I have tried more than that, but get sick from eating so much and still see no benefits. Just be happy your body has taking a liking to its new form man.

I meant for the meal btw, though the routine looks ok. Like someone said. DO less.

I had amazing growth when I cut down from 10-12 rep @ 3 sets, to a weight I can barely get up 6 or 8 times @ 2 sets, but instead of doing 3 workouts per group I did 4 and hit 2 groups a day.

Also, how often do you change your style? Stop doing flat bench for awhile. Change up your regime every 3-4 weeks to see a constant growth factor. After 3 weeks, my body stops responding to a specific workout, I plateau easy. This is a good thing because I have learned my body adapts FAST to rough situations, or a new job. Its a good thing mate, just means you have to stay one step ahead of your body.

And as for the metabolism. You could have had a good one all along like peeps said. But it wasnt until you put your body into motion that it was able to do its work. Proper diet and training can do wonders for your metabolism and composition. The leaner you get, the more efficient it runs, the more efficient it runs, the cleaner it burns, the cleaner it burns, the harder it is to put fat back on.

And outside of weights do PT style training once a day, at the opposite of your weightlifting(on days you lift). Just a rush of pushups, pull ups, crunches, mountain climbers, etc. The more you train your body to be under a form of stress, the more it adapts. But from the big weights, take some breaks. Every 6weeks at least take a week off maybe. I put on 4 pounds when I took a week off from constant lifting, and came back and benched about 20lbs more than I could before.

It is all about experimenting man. That is why the people who have 6 years of lifting are big. Not because they have used the muscles for 6 years, but because during that time they have learned to listen to their body, and found out what works best for them. Some of em may have put on a majority of that weight in the last 2. It is a science, and one that most people dont get. Do it for the love above all else, and you will find you grow more easily as well..

This is all IMO so....if someone else thinks diff, thats what we are all entitled to ^.^ :dl: :type:

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
if i were you i'd try to eat more complex carbs pre workout and more simple after to balance your insulin levels. nothing to do with weight, just a tip. and i would definitely try some weight gainer shakes. i take ON pro complex gainer and i'd recommend it to anyone trying to put on some pounds of lean muscle mass. you can also look into true mass by BSN. they're both great products and can easily give you over 1,000 extra calories and a dumptruck load of protein a day on top of your diet which btw looks great.

also i've heard that if you eat a ton for a couple weeks your body will naturally adjust to all the food by speeding up your metabolism so if you think that's the case try eating more carbs and fatty foods (i know, bad bad bad.... but it will work) also you can try decreasing your sleep a little. or just wait till you get older lol

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
take a week off and do cardio low intensity every day, come back with a new split and mentality

i like the diet but theres simply too much protein in each meal, take some out and ADD MORE FATS!!!! there were at least 2 meals that didnt have any, the only meal that shouldnt have fat is post workout. 1-2 tablespoons per meal. Fats are essential for growth and repairing muscle as much as protein is!!! when you say serving, do you go by what the bag says? or do you actually weigh your potatos to X amount and count the carbs.

i suggest using a nutrition calc program and record everything. are you sure the serving sizes are all correct?

Add in Compound movements for low reps, T Bar Rows, dead lifts, Weighted pullups, Heavy bench, Squats (do warm up sets, then a set of 4-8, then drop weight and do 20 reps), Leg Press. The more compound movements the better.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
take a week off and do cardio low intensity every day, come back with a new split and mentality

i like the diet but theres simply too much protein in each meal, take some out and ADD MORE FATS!!!! there were at least 2 meals that didnt have any, the only meal that shouldnt have fat is post workout. 1-2 tablespoons per meal. Fats are essential for growth and repairing muscle as much as protein is!!! when you say serving, do you go by what the bag says? or do you actually weigh your potatos to X amount and count the carbs.

i suggest using a nutrition calc program and record everything. are you sure the serving sizes are all correct?

Add in Compound movements for low reps, T Bar Rows, dead lifts, Weighted pullups, Heavy bench, Squats (do warm up sets, then a set of 4-8, then drop weight and do 20 reps), Leg Press. The more compound movements the better.
couldnt say it any better!
:dl:

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
6 cans of tuna in one meal? Is that correct? Thats like 210g of protein in one meal. Your body can only really absorb about 40g so its a bit of a waste. If you want to still eat 6 cans of tuna try spreading them out throught the day.

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
First off thanks everyone for there responses, I'm going to make a lot of changes.

Firstly I've fixed my workout routine, and added a lot more compound exercises and will be working out more then my 1on-1off routine. 3 days on, 1 day off,etc.
With good nutrition I should be able to handle it.

Zero V: Thanks for the encouragement and taking the time to write a very detailed and well stated post, I appreciate it. I will be shifting my workout regimen more frequently, I've usually waited 2 months then switched I will try the 3-4 weeks per your suggestion. Thanks again bro. Do you recommend the PX90esque type program, I've heard its pretty good? Let me know.

carnivalhobo: Thanks for the back work out suggestion, I've already incorporated them into my new program, and look forward to using them. In regards to my HITT nutrition, I usually drank water during my HITT sessions and eat a ton of complex carbs and protein afterwords, do you recommend any particular supplementation pre/during/post HITT? Please let me know. I will also be cutting my HITT sessions down to twice a week @ 15 minutes per session rather then 30 minutes 3-4 times a 7 day period. Thanks for all the help.

crazyfool405: I will be taking some time off per your suggestion and Zero V. Hopefully I will grow during this time, I've heard this is very beneficial, lets hope it pans out for me. I will also be cutting down my protein consumption to a more bodily processable ratio, it was looking a little high, haha. And I will be adding more fats, especially natural peanut butter! Its freaking delicious. I do usually go by what the bag/container states as a serving size, I will look into a nutrition calculator, any suggestions on where to purchase one, at a moderate price? Thanks crazyfool...

immaboss9: I've added more complex carbs to my pre workout meal and stuck with my regular quick carbs for post workout. I had more energy during my lifting session today. Hopefully this will help as well. Thanks man.

mikeyb123: The 6 cans might be a little much, especially in regards to protein, but doesn't the sheer mass of it help with gains?

Thanks again everyone for your help. I will keep you updated and post some pics once I get past 50 posts haha. I look forward to your responses.

Take Care,
Chad

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
First off thanks everyone for there responses, I'm going to make a lot of changes.

Firstly I've fixed my workout routine, and added a lot more compound exercises and will be working out more then my 1on-1off routine. 3 days on, 1 day off,etc.
With good nutrition I should be able to handle it.

Zero V: Thanks for the encouragement and taking the time to write a very detailed and well stated post, I appreciate it. I will be shifting my workout regimen more frequently, I've usually waited 2 months then switched I will try the 3-4 weeks per your suggestion. Thanks again bro. Do you recommend the PX90esque type program, I've heard its pretty good? Let me know.

carnivalhobo: Thanks for the back work out suggestion, I've already incorporated them into my new program, and look forward to using them. In regards to my HITT nutrition, I usually drank water during my HITT sessions and eat a ton of complex carbs and protein afterwords, do you recommend any particular supplementation pre/during/post HITT? Please let me know. I will also be cutting my HITT sessions down to twice a week @ 15 minutes per session rather then 30 minutes 3-4 times a 7 day period. Thanks for all the help.

crazyfool405: I will be taking some time off per your suggestion and Zero V. Hopefully I will grow during this time, I've heard this is very beneficial, lets hope it pans out for me. I will also be cutting down my protein consumption to a more bodily processable ratio, it was looking a little high, haha. And I will be adding more fats, especially natural peanut butter! Its freaking delicious. I do usually go by what the bag/container states as a serving size, I will look into a nutrition calculator, any suggestions on where to purchase one, at a moderate price? Thanks crazyfool...

immaboss9: I've added more complex carbs to my pre workout meal and stuck with my regular quick carbs for post workout. I had more energy during my lifting session today. Hopefully this will help as well. Thanks man.

mikeyb123: The 6 cans might be a little much, especially in regards to protein, but doesn't the sheer mass of it help with gains?

Thanks again everyone for your help. I will keep you updated and post some pics once I get past 50 posts haha. I look forward to your responses.

Take Care,
Chad
Limit your protein to 50g per meal. And add in more carbs and good fats. If you feel you are not getting enough protein then have a can of tuna inbetween meals. Your body cant process all that protein. Its a waste and can have a negative effect.

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Thanks All

Thanks Everyone for the help. I've restructured my diet slightly, however I am still eating a ton. I also switched up my workout routine, cut back on my cardio and added a weight gainer to my regimen, I've already gained a pound, considering I've only gained about 4-5 this bulk cycle, this is very good. Thanks again. Hopefully I will keep progressing.

Best,
Chad

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Everyone for the help. I've restructured my diet slightly, however I am still eating a ton. I also switched up my workout routine, cut back on my cardio and added a weight gainer to my regimen, I've already gained a pound, considering I've only gained about 4-5 this bulk cycle, this is very good. Thanks again. Hopefully I will keep progressing.

Best,
Chad
Let us know how you get on!

getbigbyjune

getbigbyjune

Awards
jesus christ man 5'11 and 269 holy **** man thats the weight i need man lol. keep up with the training it looks really good. i would suggest doing 10 min of bike at the end of each workout. every two min increase the resistance. at 6 min put resistance really hard and stand on the bike for the last 4 min thats what we do for hockey and it works

Rick28

Rick28

Awards
  • Established
Ive never heard of something like this but why are you doing 12 reps? I stick to 6-8, MAYBE 10 when bulking. Cutting, at least 10, more 12-15 reps, but not 12 when bulking, even lean bulking not 12. But kick a$$ diet!!
Nicely Put!

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
jesus christ man 5'11 and 269 holy **** man thats the weight i need man lol. keep up with the training it looks really good. i would suggest doing 10 min of bike at the end of each workout. every two min increase the resistance. at 6 min put resistance really hard and stand on the bike for the last 4 min thats what we do for hockey and it works
do you do this regularly?

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Update

Thanks again guys for all the help. The fixed workout routine and weight gainer is helping a hell of a lot.

It's only been a little over a week and I put on about 2 lbs which is outstanding considering my previous track record. Here's to bulking up and get ripped!

Thanks guys.

Best,
Chad

shotdead42

Awards
Damn ur diet looks amazing; like it looks perfect.
i'm achually taking ON Serious Mass, its pretty good in gaining weight. I'm seeing good results too, and you prob need to change ur workout routines to 6-8 reps instead of 12, it was mentioned before too, allways go heavy on bulking, as much as u can do in 8 reps is the key.

best of luck,