bulking plan

djsnipes

djsnipes

Awards
How's everything going guys? I'm a new user here, somewhat uneducated when it comes to proper diet and nutrition, and thought I could use some of your much appreciate knowledge!

Some personal information about me: I am 20 years old, 5'11'' and weighing in at a whopping 145 lbs. I play junior A hockey and have taken for granted that I have been able to make it this far with my body type. I will be off to NCAA Div 1 hockey next year (coach's think I currently weigh 165) and realize that I need to bulk up and muscle up to stay at the top of the line up.

At first I was doing some research on taking anabolic steroids, specifically D-bol. However, after 10 minutes of reading I realized I am nowhere close to even taking that stuff. Which leads me to where I am right now:

I have come up with a diet, nutrition, and supplement plan and I would love it if you guys could critique it to best fit my situation. So far this is what I have:

Immediately when I wake up:
NO2 Black - this is so I can maximize the absorption of proteins, open up my blood vessels
1 Whey Isolate Protein Shake

30 minutes later:
6 eggs (5 egg whites, 1 whole egg) + fruit of the day OR
Healthy Cereal OR
Oatmeal

90 minutes later:
mid-morning snack (1 can of tuna + more fruit)

30 minutes before lunch:
another serving of NO2 Black

Lunch:
chicken, steak, fish along with rice and vegetables along with a multi vitamin after

30 minutes before workout:
BCAA (branched chain amino acids)

***Would it be alright to throw some NO-Xplode before my workout or is that unnecessary?***

WORKOUT

Immediately following my workout:
Shake with 1 scoop whey protein and 1 scoop casein protein
glutamine tablets

***Should I use 100% whey protein here or would the Whey Isolate Protein work just as well?***

Snacktime #2:
fat-free yogurt, fruits, etc

Dinner:
Chicken, steak, fish along with vegetables and starches

1 hour before sleep:
Casein protein shake

Immediately before sleep:
1 ZMA pill

***Someone told me to drink a Mass XXX shake before I go to bed as well, how does this sound?***

So there it is, what do ya'll think? Thanks in advance for the responses!

Also, can anybody help me out with a 'good' workout plan? Currently I don't have a set plan, I actually am having trouble finding the right workout plan.

Sorry for the essay, I look forward to hearing from you guys!

majinbijiita

majinbijiita

Awards
I don't feel like reading the whole thing in detail right now but I'll try to give you a few pointers.

You don't really want Casein PWO, I don't think. Just have Whey Isolate and high glycemic carbs, and whatever else you put in your shake. Don't chug the whole thing at once. Drink half then slowly drink the other half over 30 minutes.

2 Hours after that you can have whey/casein shake if you want.

Have about 2 hours between when you eat and the ZMA. Take the ZMA 60 minutes before you go to bed. 30 mins after you take it drink the casein protein shake, so the calcium doesn't affect the magnesium absorption. I'd also add some healthy fats (natural peanut butter and/or whole milk) in with it so hopefully you're body will have more fat to make testosterone with.

Also, why just 1 ZMA pill? Mine says take 3. (Primaforce or whatever)

That's it for the moment, good luck and happy gains my friend!

AllMaxBrian

Awards
Good luck with hockey, you must pretty good if you're that small and you've made it this far. First, I would skip the NO2 before meals. Your body is going to absorb what you're eating well enough without it.

I also don't think you're eating enough food overall, maybe switch to 3 whole eggs and 3 whites, and don't be afraid of carbs, you'll need them if you're lifting and playing hockey.

I'd take the NO2 before your workout, and have the BCAAs during. I'm fine with the blended shake, but definitely add some carbs post workout! Also, you could add some more to your pre-bed meal.

No real need for a Mass XXX shake, just grind up oats, casein and peanut butter and sip on that.

djsnipes

djsnipes

Awards
Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

majinbijiita - I'm not really sure why I wrote down 1 ZMA pill, just a typo. Also, does PWO mean pre work out?

AllMaxBrian - You definitely hit the nail on the head about me just flat out not eating food overall, I plan on changing that as soon as I move back home in the next week. And thank you for confirming that there is no real need for the Mass XXX, I didn't think it was that necessary either.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
i'm markin this to come back tomorrow...

now i'm headin to bed.

actually if you want you can pm me...