Bulking but gained a mini double chin =(

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.15%

Bulking but gained a mini double chin =(

did a pretty dirty bulk in the beginning, started at 6'0 @ 155 lbs and bulked up to 185..did gain some muscle, but at the same time gained some fat.

I just started eating pretty clean around 3 months ago, now some of the fat is around my lower neck area, so i have a little double chin

now if u look at me with no shirt i look semi cut and jus a bit of fat in my abdomen area, but my face looks a bit chubby..this is making me afraid of bulking (even if it's clean) cuz i'm afraid of adding more fat to my face

I'm thinking my bf% is around 15 or 16%...I've incorporated cardio twice a week into my routine for about 1month now, i've lost a bit of bf from my stomach area, but not my chin/face...if I continue to lower my bf% it should go away eventually right? or is this just genetics? thanks

2. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Itll go away man. Hit the weights and dont skimp on the cardio. Also, stay eating clean!
    What you did happened to my bro and i helped him get outta it in about 2 months.

Remember, depends how bad you want it to go away
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.15%

Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    Itll go away man. Hit the weights and dont skimp on the cardio. Also, stay eating clean!
    What you did happened to my bro and i helped him get outta it in about 2 months.

Remember, depends how bad you want it to go away
    really? I have this big ass fear that it's just never gonna go away and this is just in my genes lol.

I don't look fat or big at all so that's why it worries me, because I see fatter people without one, so i'm like wtf? lol

Yeah i'm doing cardio, but then i'm afraid of losing muscle instead of fat....and i eat a lot but i'm afraid of overeating...****s confusing me lol
    •   

4. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Just make sure you are eating lean meats, up to 5 servings of veggies a day. Snack on nuts, healthy fats. Stay away from fried foods, avoid sugar. Drink lots of water.

You should see results within 2 months or so. Keep lifting, take BCAA's and you shouldnt lose muscle. You will lean out some more in the process too.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.15%

Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    Just make sure you are eating lean meats, up to 5 servings of veggies a day. Snack on nuts, healthy fats. Stay away from fried foods, avoid sugar. Drink lots of water.

You should see results within 2 months or so. Keep lifting, take BCAA's and you shouldnt lose muscle. You will lean out some more in the process too.
    yeah i've been eating pretty clean, what about steam rice? should i stay away from that?
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by LeeRoi View Post
    yeah i've been eating pretty clean, what about steam rice? should i stay away from that?
    Brown rice is a bit better than white, but either steamed is much better than fried rice. The key is how much you eat of it and when and no worries man, you don't have to live with a double chin. Next time stay away from those dirty bulks, there really is no reason.

If you are interested, below are 2 links to threads I have made regarding nutrition. The 1st is on nutrition in general and the 2nd follows my Zone meal log.

Fuel Talk Pt 1...Though I'd Share This

ZONE Meal of the Week Pt 1
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

Similar Forum Threads

1. Double chin fix?
    By bla55 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 02:50 PM
  2. Double chin
    By Norway88 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 05:09 PM
  3. Oatmeal for Bulking (Gained 13lbs-3weeks)
    By MattRoeske in forum Recipes
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 11:27 AM