Lose muscle gain strength?

blakkbwoy

blakkbwoy

Awards
Just want your guys opinion on this:

I have been steadily dropping weight(fat and muscle mass) yet my strength hasnt suffered at all. In fact its been steadily inching up! Have you guys heard about anything like this? Maybe its a whole mind over matter thing, cuz I damn well know if you are hyped in the gym you can throw up some serious iron.

Jayhawk34

Jayhawk34

Awards
How long have you been training seriously? Or have you switched your weight training to fewer reps and higher weight? Are you sure you are losing muscle mass along with the weight fat?

instofacto

Awards
I've been there, the 1st time I started cutting for a show I was the same way. I was losing all kinds of weight but actually getting stronger.

I put on muscle fairly easy and I was doing very intense cardio at the time, so I was getting smaller but stronger. I basically hit a plateau and then strength went out the door. I now understand my body alot more and know how far I can go. Give it some time it will catch up with you, it took me 2-3 months before my strength gave in.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Just want your guys opinion on this:

I have been steadily dropping weight(fat and muscle mass) yet my strength hasnt suffered at all. In fact its been steadily inching up! Have you guys heard about anything like this? Maybe its a whole mind over matter thing, cuz I damn well know if you are hyped in the gym you can throw up some serious iron.
Yeah dude, same thing happens to me. I was 193 at the end of my bulk (want to look real ripped for summer), and cut down to a steady 182 in ~3 weeks. My muscle mass (chest, most notably) has gone down a bit, as well as my fat of course. However, by the end of my bulk I was pressing 185x3 on flat bench and now I can get 185x5. Bizarre.

What bodytype?

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
it's happened to me on my cut man....

my arms are thinner... and it looks like i've lost muscle... but in my lifts, i've gained.