Stuck at 200

1. Registered User
    Answers

Stuck at 200

Looking for tips, advice, magic.... I have been eating like a horse for 3 months now and cannot break 200lbs. I was able to add 14 pounds between September and December to get to 200lbs, by eating the same way, but now I am stuck. I typically eat 6 meals a day, consisting of chix breast, brown rice, potatoes and brocoli, I occasionally change up the chix for tilapia or a lean meat. I usually have 3 to 4 additional BSN protein shakes, (peanut butter chocolate, yum), and then take BCAA, cissus, omega 3, 6, 9, Animal Pump, Beta Alanine, ZMA and multi vitamins. I hit the gym 5 days a week and do heavy lifting of 6 to 8 reps for all compound exercises, one body part per day. As far as cardio goes , I do slow to moderate speed on an elliptical, or stair climber, for about 30 minutes. I also drink at least 150 ounces of water per day. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated, also I am "chemical" free and plan on continuing that way.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Answers

the bigger you get.. the more you need to eat to gety bigger.. Keep upping the calories as you gain weight.
  3. Banned
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Answers

keep lifting heavy and eat more. like h0other said the bigger you get the higher your maintenence calories goes, thus you need to eat even more... and keep lifting heavy..
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Yep, up the calroeis by 30% and see what happens..... if no change then do the same but also make sure you monitor bodyfat incase you are putting it all on as fat.

How tall are you?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Answers

calorie dense food that will help is peanut butter or string cheese. if you don't care about a little fat gain, half and half will do the trick.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

I am 5'8". I eat to the point of not being able to shove in any more, like 2 to 3 chix breast a meal, every meal, with brown rice potatoes and brocoli. I had it suggested to me that I might be eating too clean. Should I start pounding whole pizzas and more "less clean" food?
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

you should first of all slap the sh#*t out of whoever told you ou may be eating to clean. If you start pounding pizzas youll get fat no doubt about it. Mayb try to substitute whole foods for those shakes like a couple cans of tuna or sumthing. 3 to 4 shakes is alot. try 2 shakes and then replace the other 2 with whole food. Wat are your carbs at?
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Alot of carbs. I will typically put down 2 to 3 potatoes per day, brown rice with my other meals and a big ass bowl of grits first thing in the morning.
  9. Banned
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Answers

there is no such thing as to clean. what your trying to do is bulk up without getting fat. eat more protein, and increase calorie count by 700-900, but keep eating what your eating. Oatmeal mixed with peanut butter is another food you may want to try adding in for breakfast.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

what fats do you eat?
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  11. Registered User
    Answers

A great way to get some extra cals when you can't fit in any more food is to grind up some oatmeal and thrown it in some whey protein. Always does the trick for me.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Good advice everyone,,, I agree on upping the calories 700 to 900.. Get your rest to.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Its all about eating more. If you cant eat anymore than you are doing at the moment then you wont grow any bigger.

You are 5'8 and 200lbs.... you will be at or getting very close to your natural boundary...

The dark side is calling!
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Answers

if you "eat all the time" you can try my bulking diet, which i used for about 6 months with great success. i have a very fast metabolism, so this should catapult you up to 220 pretty quick.

my diet :
    breakfast - 5 eggs, two bowls of cereal (organic version of honey bunches of oats) with whole milk, two cups of coffee with three cups of 1/2 and 1/2 = 1900 calories
    snack - peanut butter - 2 tbsp = 180 calories
    snack - string cheese = 90 calories
    lunch - two double cheeseburgers = 800 calories
    pre workout - 50g of protein, 120g of carbs = 650 calories
    post workout - 50g of protein, 120g of carbs = 650 calories
    snack - peanut butter - 2 tbsp = 180 calories
    dinner - 8oz buffalo or chicken + veggies + rice = 400 calories (est.)
    snack - two servings of peanut butter (4 tbsp) = 360 calories
    bedtime meal - 6-8 oz steak - no veggies or carbs = 280 calories (i'm guessing here)

also throughout the day i drink 1/2 a gallon of whole milk (1000+ calories), and i don't count the calories of canola and olive oil i cook with, since most of them are left in the pan.

my calories might not look clean now, but with the exception of string cheese and the pre/post workout, everything i eat is organic, and i cook all my meals at home, in either olive or canola oil.
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Answers

Throw in EVOO where ever you can. 1tbsp is 120 calories
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  16. Registered User
    Answers

nice! some good thoughts in here...

i like that you are stalled at 200 and everyone realizes you need to eat more! its refreshing.

thats just the fact of the matter, if you eat 6 meals and are stalled, you gotta sneak a 7th in there. logically, it should do the trick. if your body has gotten itself accustomed to5000 calories (or whatever your number is), then start slamming 5500 per day, end of week youll probably have gained a pound. its hard to do, no doubt. you feel like youve hit that wall, like you couldnt possibly eat anymore, but youll find a way.

someone mentioned EVOO- great idea. saying you may be eating too clean can get tricky. i think a better thing to say is if that's your diet, where's all the healthy fats? supplementing with the omega's is good, but it isnt going to replace all the fat that should be there. whole milk, whole eggs, olive oil, natural peanut butter, etc. smuckers makes a natural peanut butter that i think tastes great. just says natural peanut butter on it, you can see the oil sitting on the top. ingredients: peanuts, salt. bingo. get a couple jars of that on hand, keep one in the fridge...swig of olive oil and tablespoon of peanut butter couple times a day, good, easy way to get in extra cals without throwing off your other meals.
  17. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb123 View Post
    Its all about eating more. If you cant eat anymore than you are doing at the moment then you wont grow any bigger.

You are 5'8 and 200lbs.... you will be at or getting very close to your natural boundary...

The dark side is calling!
    I had this thought too. 200 maybe all I can naturally put on my frame. It would stand to reason that if I am continually increasing my strength and muscle gains but my weight has stalled, I may be at my optimum body size. I am going to add more fats to my diet and I am replacing two of my protein shakes with whole foods, i.e. can of tuna, peanut butter sandwich. I am also switching up different meats and getting away from chix for awhile. I'll give it a couple of weeks and see what happens.
  18. Registered User
    Answers

oh, another thing i forgot to mention is to keep in mind youre only going to be able to optimize so much food at one time. so eating 2 or 3 chicken breasts at a time (depending on size of chicken) probably isnt necessary. i meant to point out suncloud's diet example above, and the fact that he wasnt eating like a pound of meat at once. just a thought.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Dial in the macros better.

Someone asks you "how many carbs do you eat" and your only answer is "I eat 2 to 3 potatoes, some brown rice and a big bowl of grits in the morning" doesn't tell us much.

Try tracking your calories so you have an idea of protein, carbs, fats. From there you/us may be able to see a flaw and fix it and/or tell you where to up some calories from.
  20. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

What about adding 2 tablespoons of oil to each meal very calorically dense and easy to get down. Remember there are essential fats you need as well as heart healthy ones !!!

21. Registered User
    Answers

I agree with Mickey i'm 5'8'' to and range between 175 lean and 220 Bulk. The Big "G" word might be at or close to its max it happens. Might have to add some TEST boosters there is Millions out there.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. please help. stuck at 173
    By R1balla in forum Bulking
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 12:48 PM
  2. Stuck!!!!!!!!!! please help!
    By TomR2424 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 08:33 PM
  3. ok cut from 265 to 208 and stuck
    By skratch in forum Weight Loss