REALLY NEED HELP WITH DIET

xskater22

Awards
do you think this is enough to gain lean mass?
Weight:152
Height: 5' 8"
Bf: 6-7%

8-9am eggwhite omelette, 2 whole eggs, bowl of oatmeal with granola, apple, banana

11am protein bar(300cals), bananna

1pmpost work out- whey(220cals) orange, banana

3pm-xl turkey sandwhich no cheese

6pm- turkey sandwhich no cheese with olive oil

9pm- turkey sandwhich no cheese with olive oil

11pm- handful of trailmix nuts

ive just upped my cals since ive been trying to gain weight for the past month and have gotten no where.... any advice??

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
if your body fat is that low you're calories are way too low to effectively bulk.

add a preworkout shake for gits and shiggles consisting of 60-100g of carbs and 20-40g protein. if that doesn't help, add some meat pre bedtime - can of tuna, 6oz chicken or steak, etc :)

xskater22

Awards
that body fat % was right after i cut down... im trying to gain weight now and wanted to make sure im taking in enough of everything and get the point of view of someone who has experience

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
why dont u put cheese on your sandwiches? throw in some fat free mayo maybe, or mustard, fave sandwich is can of tuna mixed in fat free mayo on whole wheat with mustard lettuce and black olives so damn good!!! and the eggs your eatin when i was bulking i started at 168 and was eating between 6-8 eggs for breakfast with some veggies 3-4 eggs in an omelette and the rest were scambled (i like variety) umm your whey shake is 220 cals with one scoop? 2 scoops? how many scoops and how much protein and carbs are in it?? the foods you listed try to write down these facts Protein% Carb% and Fat% once you do that people on here will be able to help more to see how many more cals you really need man just gotta eat everything in sight everything!!!

xskater22

Awards
okay so..im allergic to whey powder( everytime i take it i get really sick) so I have to take whey test tubes...45gs of protein and 7carbs..220cals

Cals-about 2,500-2,700
Carbs-about 200g
Protein-about 200g
fats-about 40ish

ive been gaining weight...but i want to make sure its not to much to fast...scale goes up every day but idk how accurate it is. vary between 1-1.5lbs a day

keep in mind im young and trying really hard to do this right

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
thank you....anything else??

No it really should be that simple. Add more carbs if you still dont go up in weight add more....

What bread are you having with your sandwitches?

xskater22

Awards
i mix the bread up with 15 grain and 9 grain whole wheat bread..100 cals per slice and about 20g of carbs a slice...usually eat 1 or 2 sandwhiches

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
How easy do you have access to cooking things? Sounds like you are doing a high school type bulk thing considering all of the deli meat. Tuna, Chicken and some other very easy stuff is key to bulking

xskater22

Awards
im a college student... i have access to a full deli... omelette bar... and veggies...which is free with my meal plan

xskater22

Awards
now 162lbs 8% body fat...149lbs lean mass...13lbs of fat

FFChris

FFChris

Awards
Train like crazy and eat good lean healthy foods.. You'll bulk up... When you get to 13 or 14 % bf.. Then its time to cut down..

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
now 162lbs 8% body fat...149lbs lean mass...13lbs of fat

Close to 10lbs in 5 days.... thats good going but maybe a little bit to good! The extra weight may just be food moving through your system though if you have started eating a lot more...

You want to aim for 2lbs a week if possible. This will stop you from becoming fat and will be easier to keep on to.

xskater22

Awards
its prob the extra food just sitting in my system, plus i ate before i got my measurements cuz the times conflicted.... i got my bf done at my gym with the nurses office the got there... body weight plus arms chest waist hips and thigh measurements..and calipers.. and the computer came up with that number..

xskater22

Awards
also told me i burn 2099 cals bmr... idk i was just happy i gained weight...but idk if its the extra food just passing through, muscle mass coming up, or fat.... im confused..

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
also told me i burn 2099 cals bmr... idk i was just happy i gained weight...but idk if its the extra food just passing through, muscle mass coming up, or fat.... im confused..

Had to tell after 5 days! Keep it up though and let us know what you weigh in 7 days.