5'11''-148lbs - 12-13%BF - Need Help with Diet and Training Program

clr18287

Awards
I posted on BodyBuilding.com but haven't had much luck. I asked for some help after overtraining myself 6 months ago and basically depleting all of my testosterone and basically every ounce of energy I had. I followed the BFFM program with a strict 40-40-20 program but I was not eating enough to accompany the intensity and amount I was training... I was working out 6-7 days a week for 2 hours combining HIIT and heavy lifting EVERY DAY. I was taking in about 2250 calories a day and looking to get bigger. foolish.

First Photo ---- I was at my "best" 150 pounds 9.0 percent BF in August/September 2008. I had started working out around April 2008 at about 140 pounds 9.5% BF. It took me 5-6 months to gain 7 pounds and stay at that bodyfat level..at a cost however. Come August, my testosterone was 59ng/dl (244-840) and a Free Testosterone of .9 (9.3-20). I looked good in my mind.. but I was really skinny. On top of that I felt awful. I enjoyed my 6-pack though! My testosterone 7 months prior to that was 800... FYI. I don't have Free T #'s.

Being in such awful shape - sick, insomnia, irritable.., I took a break completely from the gym for 6 months and just started eating more and sleeping and trying to feel better to get my testosterone up. So far, it's up to 177ng/dl.

Photos after 6 month break (February) --- The point of this point is to get some advice on diet and training schedule so I can get to my original goal of 175 pounds at 9% BF. I really need all of your help to guide me or get me started. I am 150 pounds now at 12-13% BF. I was never a hardgainer, ever.. but now with my testosterone so low, it's hard to gain. I lost a **** load of muscle and gained some fat during this period of time and I need a plan to fix this. Thanks much.

Attachments

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
Browse through the forums there is a ton of info on diets and training but its really essential to make sure you eat well and its really not difficult also dont forget sleeping is a big key factor. lean meats, oats, protein, rice, veggies and fruits, etc. basic foods. search " gaining mass in a nutshell " and read that post, i can't link posts yet :(.

clr18287

Awards
Thanks.. I've been eating a lot more.. like 3000-3500 calories and increasing my carbohydrate intake.. I am already noticing some intense water retention and some fat gains after about 2 weeks of increasing my food intake. I've gone from 9.5% BF to around 13-14% in 6 months. During your bulking cycles.. at what point do you consider the fat gain too much if you aren't gaining enough muscle? I notice a lot of you guys bulk to like 12% (in the meantime having gained a significant amount of muscle).

Am I better off getting back down to 9% then starting a clean bulk from there.. or should I continue what I'm doing at 13-14% and go clean bulk.. The whole bulking thing is new to me.. Thanks a lot

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
Can you post a sample day's diet? I'd say keep bulking but try and keep it really clean...

clr18287

Awards
Estimating from memory

-Breakfast- 6am
1 cup Quaker Oatmeal
1 scoop protein powder isolate (25g protein)
1/4 cup blueberries
2 tbsp nat. PB
1 tsp of cocoa powder

-Snack - 9am
1 Scoop Protein powder isolate (25g)
3-4 oz sweet potatoes
1 cup spinach
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds

-Lunch- 1230
3 oz chicken breast
4oz sweet potato
handful of almonds

-Snack- 330
2 cups spinach
6 Black Olives
3oz sweet potatoes
4 oz chicken breast

-Dinner - 630
6oz chicken
4 cups spinach
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup broccoli

-Snack- 10
Spoonful of Nat. PB
1/2 scoop protein powder
Whole baby zucchini

Thanks !

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, if you are seeing fat gain, i'd probably drop 1 tbsp of olive oil from dinner, and 1 tbsp of natty pb from breakfast just to reduce calories a little. also, because of your testosterone level, i'd consider scrapping the natty pb entirely from breakfast, removing the pumpkin seeds from the snack, and with the 10pm snack adding 2tbsp coconut oil.

clr18287

Awards
I think I'm going to lose the body fat and get back to 9 or 10% again then do a clean bulk from there - now that I understand the process and the need for EXCESS food to build muscle.

Hopefully I won't lose a lot of muscle during that process but I am an endo/meso natural fat kid and it's been a bitch to lose fat all my life - see attached photo. I really can't face having bitch titties again... I have a feeling I'm headed for like 16-17%BF at this rate and that's a point of no return.

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 7