Macros to a clean Bulk?

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
i've been cutting fat for a few months now (just taking my time). I have lost a noticeable amount of muscle and strength too. So i thought i might just give cutting a break and try to bulk a little.

Except I don't wana take 10 steps back by gaining heaps of fat.

Basically looking to do a bulk as clean as possible. I'm an endo, 14% bodyfat, 5'8 height, weight 178 lbs. BMR is roughly 2100 cals a day.

what type of macros would i be looking at?
would i be looking at 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat or would i be focusing on more carbs and protein or ...?

and should i keep my protein intake at 178g (i.e 1g per pound of mass)?

and finally, how many calories a day should i consume in surplus in order to bulk with gaining as little fat as possible?... for weight loss, i was always doing 500 calories deficit.. would i do 500 surplus for bulking?

Cheers guys.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
any suggestions???? will be much appreciated

what do you personally do for diet, in the bulking phase?
and what are your macros like?

cheers,

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
500 cal surplus should keep the fat off - I like to keep the cardio up and the diet clean.

Bulking or non-bulking is really a matter of CHO for me. As well as additional CHO, I will balance them out during the day rather than taper them during a recomp. PRO, FATs pretty much the same.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
500 cal surplus should keep the fat off - I like to keep the cardio up and the diet clean.

Bulking or non-bulking is really a matter of CHO for me. As well as additional CHO, I will balance them out during the day rather than taper them during a recomp. PRO, FATs pretty much the same.
so u basically keep protein and fat constant but up the carbs during a bulk, to make up for the surplus?

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am lest strict with the PRO and FAT. If I feel I need a little more protein (recovery factor) I will bump it up

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
this is generalized but most widely accepted: 50% carbs, 30-40% protein, 10-20% fat

stretch

Awards
I eat 6 thousand calories a day in the bulking phase. But that just might have to do a lot with my height.... : )