looking to bulk

twistedfords

Awards
  • Established
I have been training off and on for 16 years. I was a wrestler for 10 years of this. So i know what it is like to train hard in a gym.

My issue is now that i am older i have muscle pain for more then 72 hours after my work outs? I thought the sorness would go away after 48 hours. So you can train your body parts more then two times a week? Is this because i am 29 now and my body cant take the abuse?

I have read articles on d.o.m.s. Is it for real? And if so what workouts can you do to gain size and bulk without the pain for days on end?

AllMaxBrian

Awards
At 29, I don't think you're too old to take the abuse. Are you getting enough rest, sleep and food? You can train your body parts more than twice a week if you want, but not on consecutive days.

DOMS is real; perhaps you are lifting too heavy for now. Are you just starting back?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
How is your diet?

Also, are you taking any supplements?

twistedfords

Awards
  • Established
Well my diet is real good. I am strict person when it comes to that. Unless it is christmas and mom is making all the good foods we are not supposed to have.
Cal. -3300 to 3500
fat - 100
protein -200
carbs not really watching since i am bulking- about 350

Multi - animal pack and animal flex
protein - ON nitrocore 24 and cyto max
After shock - post workout
MHP - glutamine 20 g
Arginine - 5 g
L-carnitine 6 g

So I don't know what the deal is? When i work out all body parts right now I am doing 4 sets of 10 to 12 reps before i put on any more weight. I have to do 12 reps with good form before I will go up in weight. I do change positions a lot to keep my muscles guessing.

Normaly days of work:

Monday Legs to get them out of the way.
Tuesday chest
Wednesday off
Thursday scholders
Friday arms
Saturday off
Sunday back

twistedfords

Awards
  • Established
At 29, I don't think you're too old to take the abuse. Are you getting enough rest, sleep and food? You can train your body parts more than twice a week if you want, but not on consecutive days.

DOMS is real; perhaps you are lifting too heavy for now. Are you just starting back?

I sleep well but at odd times I am a nightclub manager so I go to work at about 6pm to 3 am. I come home get a bit to eat then off to the gym at 4 am. Out of the gym about 5 am and off to sleep about 6 or 6:30 am . Sleep till 3pm and repeat my day.

So rest is not it. Food intake is good I eat 6 meals a day with a few shakes. So I dont know where my problem is. Well starting back yes and no I am always starting back since I have a allergy to smoke and i work in a nightclub where pa still allows smoke. So I have to take meds to combat the problem. So I get sick and i have to stop. Then a few weeks to a month later i can work out for about 4 months to 6 months and then I will get sick again.

But I have looked into d.o.m.s. and i might be one of those guys. But here is the thing I never was when I was younger. It changed when I was about 23 or 24.

What do you think would be to heavy? Am I just pushinig to hard ?

AllMaxBrian

Awards
It could be that you're coming back too strong after taking time off. How many total sets are you doing?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Cal. -3300 to 3500
fat - 100
protein -200
carbs not really watching since i am bulking- about 350

Multi - animal pack and animal flex
protein - ON nitrocore 24 and cyto max
After shock - post workout
MHP - glutamine 20 g
Arginine - 5 g
L-carnitine 6 g
Twisted I would definitely pick up some Beta Alanine. This will definitely help with the lactic acid build up. Also, mix in a little more cardio, get the blood flowing. This is a great way to disperse lactic acid build up.

I was a pitcher in college and the day after a start I would run my butt off. Any soreness I had before running usually subsided greatly.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
add some carbs to your post workout shake :)