RR's Bulking Tip for February

  1. Registered User
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,672
    Rep Power
    191395

    RR's Bulking Tip for February


    Being on a bulk currently (most of the year, actually), I'm always looking for new ways to plump myself up. Currently with the economic times being so tough, not having enough hours in the day to cook and do the rest of my daily things, I figured I would share with you one of my tricks for packing on mass.

    Protein shake with meals
    Simple right? But overlooked and underrated.

    1.) Get a fruity isolate protein. Chocolate, vanilla and the ilk become bland, boring and filling...almost a chore to drink! Try to find an isolate with little carbs and calories. This way it will not hinder your meal eating abilities. I personally use Iced Tea flavor, because iced tea is one of my favorite drinks. The fruity isolate will psychologically replace the juice or whatever you normally drink, and you won't think of it as a traditional protein shake.

    2.) With every meal, drink your shake. I use a funnel and a water bottle. Take a few swigs from the bottle, put your funnel in and toss in your protein. A low carb isolate is very grainy and should funnel easily with some shaking.

    If your eating 4 meals per day, that is an extra 75-100g of protein without having to deviate from your daily feeding rituals. It's simply replacing a soda, juice or beer with another drink.

    Post workout I will also have a bulker shake, usually including oats or muscle milk or whatever. Then 45 minutes later, I'll cook a burger with some pasta and wash it down with my isolate shake. It's not even like drinking a shake; all your doing is having a meal.

    An extra tip:
    Desicated Liver Tabs
    Pop 6-8 of these with a meal. It's an easy 12g of protein. As long as you don't have a problem swallowing horse pills. I keep a bottle of these next to my bed and I choke down a handful if I wake up in the middle of the night. My girlfriend finds it rather disgusting, which is partly the reason I do it.



    So the next time your cooking a meal, while your meat is grilling or your pasta is boiling, grab a few bottles of water and fill them with protein isolate. Then, instead of pouring yourself a glass of wine or juice, drink your isolate protein. Adding 20g of protein to every meal without putting in much effort is a no brainer, and you can take it from me that it works better than you think.

    RenegadeRows

  2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    tattoopierced1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    5,233
    Rep Power
    8350

    Great write up!
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  3. jpk
    jpk is offline
    Registered User
    jpk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Mexico
    Age
    54
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    215

    Great advice RR

    Do you use BCAAs? I'm using them like you're using the liver tabs.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    elementrip's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    296

    I always found EFA and BCAA megadosing easy enough to choke a few down several times a day on my last bulk, and it worked damn well.(8 weeks gained 12lbs) As for the shakes I didnt toss one with every meal but I tossed in a few slimfast shakes, loved the taste of them. not the best but i got good gains so i cant argue too much.
  5. Registered User
    alwaysgaining's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    oly
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    1633

    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Being on a bulk currently (most of the year, actually), I'm always looking for new ways to plump myself up. Currently with the economic times being so tough, not having enough hours in the day to cook and do the rest of my daily things, I figured I would share with you one of my tricks for packing on mass.

    Protein shake with meals
    Simple right? But overlooked and underrated.

    1.) Get a fruity isolate protein. Chocolate, vanilla and the ilk become bland, boring and filling...almost a chore to drink! Try to find an isolate with little carbs and calories. This way it will not hinder your meal eating abilities. I personally use Iced Tea flavor, because iced tea is one of my favorite drinks. The fruity isolate will psychologically replace the juice or whatever you normally drink, and you won't think of it as a traditional protein shake.

    2.) With every meal, drink your shake. I use a funnel and a water bottle. Take a few swigs from the bottle, put your funnel in and toss in your protein. A low carb isolate is very grainy and should funnel easily with some shaking.

    If your eating 4 meals per day, that is an extra 75-100g of protein without having to deviate from your daily feeding rituals. It's simply replacing a soda, juice or beer with another drink.

    Post workout I will also have a bulker shake, usually including oats or muscle milk or whatever. Then 45 minutes later, I'll cook a burger with some pasta and wash it down with my isolate shake. It's not even like drinking a shake; all your doing is having a meal.

    An extra tip:
    Desicated Liver Tabs
    Pop 6-8 of these with a meal. It's an easy 12g of protein. As long as you don't have a problem swallowing horse pills. I keep a bottle of these next to my bed and I choke down a handful if I wake up in the middle of the night. My girlfriend finds it rather disgusting, which is partly the reason I do it.


    So the next time your cooking a meal, while your meat is grilling or your pasta is boiling, grab a few bottles of water and fill them with protein isolate. Then, instead of pouring yourself a glass of wine or juice, drink your isolate protein. Adding 20g of protein to every meal without putting in much effort is a no brainer, and you can take it from me that it works better than you think.

    RenegadeRows

    hell ya on the liver tabs!!!
    i trya and eat 40 to 60 aday ppl have no idea the realm that u can go into and gains come soo fast and the fat melts away
    insted of using shakes to get those extra protines i get em with liver tabs!!!

    LIVER TABS FTW!!!!
  6. Registered User
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,672
    Rep Power
    191395

    Megadosing EAAs are very good, extremely anabolic. I don't do it as much as I should, though
  7. Registered User
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,672
    Rep Power
    191395

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    hell ya on the liver tabs!!!
    i trya and eat 40 to 60 aday ppl have no idea the realm that u can go into and gains come soo fast and the fat melts away
    insted of using shakes to get those extra protines i get em with liver tabs!!!

    LIVER TABS FTW!!!!
    Yup ~3.2g of vitamin/amino rich protein in every 2 tabs ...
  8. Registered User
    ACSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    1118

    Hey RR, what isolate do you recommend? I've recently been using Dymatize 12 hour and so far haven't noticed any advantage over whey...unless you consider more digestion problems an advantage. I need to get away from the standard flavors though...so who makes a good fruit?
  9. Registered User
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,672
    Rep Power
    191395

    Quote Originally Posted by ACSlayer View Post
    Hey RR, what isolate do you recommend? I've recently been using Dymatize 12 hour and so far haven't noticed any advantage over whey...unless you consider more digestion problems an advantage. I need to get away from the standard flavors though...so who makes a good fruit?
    All the Whey
    True Protein
    Syntrax Nectar

    ...to name a few!
  10. Registered User
    elementrip's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    296

    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    All the Whey
    True Protein
    Syntrax Nectar

    ...to name a few!
    I LOVE trueprotein.com. creating your own preworkout supp is another good advantage of them, plus a good selection of their flavors are not only stomachable but actually kinda tasty
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Trying to lose 10 pounds by the end of february. Help?
    By jefjmnz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 09:12 AM
  2. february to may progress
    By dcall7 in forum Pics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in