My wife needs to gain weight...

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
99.8 pounds. Shes 5'2" she looks fine, not overly skinny, because she worksout with me all the time but shes not comfortable being that light.

She wants to get to about maybe 112. Problem being is that shes a biology major so she has multiple 3 hour time spans where she cant eat because of her labs.

So, how would we go about gaining her a healthy 10 - 15 pounds?

she worksout quite a bit, 4x a week and is running a good 15 miles per week on top of elliptical and stairs.

So i think she's really overdoing the cardio.

any advice or tips?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
99.8 pounds. Shes 5'2" she looks fine, not overly skinny, because she worksout with me all the time but shes not comfortable being that light.

She wants to get to about maybe 112. Problem being is that shes a biology major so she has multiple 3 hour time spans where she cant eat because of her labs.

she worksout quite a bit, 4x a week and is running a good 15 miles per week on top of elliptical and stairs.

any advice or tips?
Cut back on cardio
Protein shakes with meals
Bigger meals when she does eat.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You could try to get her to take in protein drinks every 2 hours or so.

Growing up I was never over 98lbs and I could eat whatever I wanted. But three kids later and getting old I can put it on easy:(

For me to keep it muscle versus fat I would say cut the cardio to 3 days a week 30 min max for cardio benefit only.

Train 5 days a week or so on weights to build muscle, make sure she is taking in at least 1gram per pound of bodyweight. I take a test booster as well with no issues and it makes building muscle easier.

She will get there eventually if she really wants it.

Jaytee1980

Awards
Go to wal-mart and buy some Ensure Plus. (350 calorie nutritional supplement) ( the wal mart brand is like $6 for a pack of 6 ) Have her drink 3 bottles a day after her meals. I gaurantee she will be at 115lbs by the end of the month.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Problem being is that shes a biology major so she has multiple 3 hour time spans where she cant eat because of her labs.
doesn't matter, 3 meals a day is fine. that 6 meals a day is mostly broscience, studies have confirmed that consistency and quality of meals is far more significant than # per day.

any advice or tips?
she's sort of overdoing the cardio but if thats a piece of her life then its kind of silly to try and force her to be more sedentary...

I'd focus on getting her to add more nuts to her diet. then there is no worry about forcing her stomach to be bigger then, and its something to easily taper off as well. 1oz of raw unsalted cashews has 155 cal, so her adding 2oz of nuts a day would set her in the right direction. And if you were trying to be really anal on the eating every 3 hours thing, should could eat the nuts in class. Look for raw unsalted in whichever nut you buy. Macadamias have the most cals at 200/oz

MTNMEDIC

Not to make fun, but I'd never thought I would hear anyone say that.